• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me pick a restaurant!

Which restaurant should we pick?

• Chef Mickey's

• Rainforest Cafe-(at Downtown Disney)

• Dixie Stampede

• Medeival Times

• OuttaControl Magic Show(at Wonderworks)

• Somewhere else(Please post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
OK, it's time to decide and we're having trouble. This would be our dinner on arrival day after hanging by the pool. We are a party of 5 DH, Me, DD12, DDF12, DS9. Everybody has a different choice so I thought I'd let the DISers choose.

Which restaurant would you pick?

How about Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge and then watching the Electrical Water Pagent on Bay Lake and maybe some of the fireworks that are at MK. Gotta Ask for Ketchup and straws at WCC!

Chef Mickey's is ok but not my favorite place on property...if you are looking for something offsite Medevil times is fun.

But my vote is for WCC!

Amy

I'd recommend Ohana over Chef Mickey's. Same thing about watching the EWP and fireworks from the beach.

You should look into the Hoop-de-doo Revue located at Fort Wilderness. It's a little more pricey, but in my opinion totally worth it! It's great homestyle food (all you can eat) and a hilarious, family friendly dinner show. My family does HDDR on every Disney trip. It's our "first night there" tradition. I highly recommend it to anyone, and your kids are the perfect ages for it :)

We've already seen HDDR, the Luau, and The BBQ. We wanted to do something different this time. The choices I listed are all places we haven't been to and in all likelyhood we'll do one of those. I put the "other" choice on there but I should mention we don't want anything with "adventurous" food choices, just your basic meat and potatoes kinds of things for us.(We won't be going to Boma, for example)

Thanks for all your help

I agree with Ohanas and WCC - I'd throw in Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Faire. I don't know if it's the "grandness" of the Grand Floridian or what - but that meal ALWAYS feels special to me.

Shelly

I voted for Chef Mickey's but I would be as happy at Whispering Canyon, Rose and Crown or Le Cellier.

I think you should try Boma at AKL. Great food (with options for picky eaters too) and gives you a chance to check out AKL.

Another vote for wcc! It looks and sounds like soooo much fun!

I'd go with Whispering Canyon especially if you're meat and potatoes family. Nothing more meat and potatoes than ribs, chicken, mashed potatoes, beans, and corn on the cob.

Next choice would be Ohana, which has excellent food too, but with your kids' ages, I think they'd enjoy WCC.

Of your choices I think that Chef Mickeys is a great way to start the magic. A character meal always gets the magic going.

We do enjoy BOMA and go often. There is plenty for everyone, not just the adventurous. And the Zebra Domes................. Yum.

Out of your choices, I'd pick Chef Mickey's, but, as others have said, 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon are good arrival-day choices.

Don't count out Boma, either... it may sound a little unusual, but you'd probably be pleasantly surprised if you tried it. (Of course, I'm a little biased... it's my favorite place to eat at WDW.) :)

I also have to vote for Ohana's, it's perfect for a first night. It's got great food and it's fun.

I voted for Chef Mick's but I also think WCC is a fab idea! We love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter