Help me make a decision on resorts.

lolatuck

Mouseketeer
I am starting to plan a trip for June 2003 for my hubby and me, and would like some advice about which resort will be the best value for our $$.

We went in August 2001 with our family and because my hubby is retired Air Force we were able to stay at Shades of Green for $89/ night. It was a gorgeous resort! Now they have it closed till Sept. 2003, so we won't be able to stay there again.

We could get the SoG rate at the Contemporary, or perhaps a discount at a moderate resort, but I don't know much information about those discounts.

My hubby says that he doesn't care where we stay as long as it's on-site. We did spend one night last year at the All Stars Music, and it was okay, but nowhere near as nice as SoG.

I really don't want to spend any more than we did on SoG, but I don't know what the rooms are like at the Contemporary. I wouldn't mind staying at a Moderate if I was sure I could get a good discount that would be close to what we pid at SoG.

And yes, I DO realize that the Contemporary is a DELUXE resort, but I don't know if it's our "style". (Does that make any sense?)

I just need some help from those of you who have more knowledge than I have to make a decision. I would also like to know if you would recommend making a ressie NOW, or should I wait to see if there are any upcoming discounts?

TIA!!

Lola

The moderates with discount codes have been going for $89-$99 a night. You also need to realize that since you have been to SoG, prices probably have gone up.

I have never stayed at the Contemporary, but it gets very favorable reviews on the resorts board. If you want to see the decor, check out wdwig.com and click on Resort Photos and you'll be able to see if it will be your cup of tea.

It is a little early - but if you know what you want, why not book it? Be aware that you will prpbably see rack rates on the ressie because codes don't generally come out until 2-3 months in advance of your dates.

Rates are subject to change by the time you go in June 2003, but we are going this August/September to the contemporary through the SoG and it is $89.00 a night for O-4 through O-6 (it is $99.00 for O-7 through O-10)

At the time I made the res, they also offered me an overflow rate for $129. at AKL.

You can call them and ask which resorts they have and what the prices are. Apparantly, they have overflow rates at a lot of the other resorts, and the rooms at the Contemporary don't have to be filled for you to get them. They even quoted me prices for the campgrounds. (but for that, a code was a better rate)

Jo

I just received an email from wdw for moderates at $89 for 8/25/02-10/02/02. Sorry I just went back and read your post and these dates won't help!

Would it help to know that the Contemporary is on the Monorail so it has the best access to MK and Epcot??
Plus there is a walking path to MK!
And that the Contemporary houses Chef Mickey's restaurant?? The Contemporary has rooms that sleep 5 plus 1 child under 3 in a crib.
The Contemporary has it's own sand beach as well as a Heated pool with a whirlpool and childrens pool.
You can see the lighted water parade from the beach.
The MK fireworks from a roof top area accessed through the restaurant.

If I quaified for the SoG and was offered the Contemporary I would JUMP for it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter