Help me decipher this.

Aubin4

Earning My Ears
"We’re sorry, but as of November 8, 2016, Visa credit cards issued outside Japan are not accepted for payments on the Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservation & Tickets site."

Ok So I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. I am supposed to make my TDLH reservations next week. Does this mean that I won't be able to use my card online? Will I be able to call and talk to someone and reserve that way?

Looks like it has to do with the new authentication system they have for credit cards issued outside Japan. Non-Visa cards should work if you have any of those. Not sure if they'd accept Visa cards over the phone but you'll have to contact them to see.

Edit: Did some more digging, and it looks like the only credit cards from outside Japan that they'll accept on the online site are Mastercard. Again, not sure if you'll have luck if you call them.

Last edited:
What!? This is not good news. I don't even have a credit card and am having to get one for this trip and now I have to make sure it's a MasterCard too argh

I am sorry you are having this issue :( :( It could be an issue with VISA itself rather than Disney. If you do call they are very friendly! Maybe you could get a Mastercard Debit/Credit card?

I was able to book my reservation with a MC I had with no issue!

I'm so glad! We had the same issue but we don't have any mastercards so we are out of luck. I called and spoke with a CM who told me they can do it over the phone without a deposit.. at four months out instead of five. Five is ONLY online and ONLY with MC... smh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter