Help me choose: WL or CSR?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
hello!
I am adding on two nights after a 7 day stay at the Dolphin. I'll be staying June 18-27 with the 25-27 being in either Wilderness Lodge or Coronado Springs. Coronado Springs is about $100 a night cheaper but I'm a little nervous about the construction. We have two little kids so we spend most of our day swimming and all night out at the parks if that makes a difference. I know there's not a bad place to stay on property, but I'm being super indecisive and have to decide by tomorrow. Help me choose please!
Thanks in advance!

Well, WL is also still in construction mode. The only announcement of the new quiet pool open is "summer," and Roaring Fork and Trout Pass are about to close for refurb. Not sure I've seen their reopen dates.

That said, if you're flexible about the potential construction, if your kids are truly little (under 48") go with WL, as they have a children's splash pad area at the feature pool for that age range.

Well, WL is also still in construction mode. The only announcement of the new quiet pool open is "summer," and Roaring Fork and Trout Pass are about to close for refurb. Not sure I've seen their reopen dates.

That said, if you're flexible about the potential construction, if your kids are truly little (under 48") go with WL, as they have a children's splash pad area at the feature pool for that age range.

Oh I assumed the construction would be done there. Will the big pool at WL be up and running then?

Oh I assumed the construction would be done there. Will the big pool at WL be up and running then?
Yes, the main pool, slide, and kids splash area are unaffected by the construction project. It is likely that both QS locations will be open by your visit, but not guaranteed.

With that being said, we would go with WL for its location and the chance to take boats to MK, the CR, and Fort Wilderness. We love WL's location on beautiful Bay Lake and can't wait to go back in August.

Is there a thread about the WL construction? Trying to find out what will be affected when we go. I'm pretty sure CSR is just doing building by building.

Is there a thread about the WL construction? Trying to find out what will be affected when we go. I'm pretty sure CSR is just doing building by building.
This thread has updates: http://www.disboards.com/threads/bo...xpansion-thread.3410778/page-84#post-56919750

The reality is that no one really knows what will be affected when, though. Because so much of the work is related to a timeshare offering that is yet to be declared, most of it has been pretty hush in terms of what's being done when. Even the new pool is "summer 2017." Summer starts Memorial Day and ends Labor Day, so that's a pretty fair stretch.

I know things change greatly as they progress in construction. But we were at WL last August, when construction was in full swing, and hardly even noticed it! And because half the Lodge's rooms were closed the whole place was very quiet and uncrowded. We had an amazing stay there and wouldn't hesitate to go back!

We have loved our 2 stays at the wilderness lodge, one being in January 2016 when there was construction. Being able to take a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is great! Also, as previously mentioned, the children's water play area is wonderful for those under 48". I know that you mentioned parks in the evening, but if you find yourself at the hotel in the evening, the food in the lounge is fabulous. I think some of the items are the same as Artist Point, although I am not 100% sure. But very easy to take a high quality dinner or snack up to your room if the little ones are wiped out!

Note that Lounge access at Wilderness Lodge is for Club Level, which based on her pricing isn't what she priced out.

Sorry, maybe I used the wrong term. I meant that at the bar, (I used the term lounge as there are tables/chairs) which is open to everyone, also has a great menu. Not club level.

Since both are under construction and you will have already been there for 7 days at a great location, I'd go with CSR just to save a little money. My assumption is you will most likely done most of the must dos by that point. WL is close to MK by boat but you are going to take a bus everywhere else, so as far as transportation goes, you are pretty even there. The pool at CSR is pretty cool and the construction shouldn't effect that.

Since both are under construction and you will have already been there for 7 days at a great location, I'd go with CSR just to save a little money. My assumption is you will most likely done most of the must dos by that point. WL is close to MK by boat but you are going to take a bus everywhere else, so as far as transportation goes, you are pretty even there. The pool at CSR is pretty cool and the construction shouldn't effect that.

We did a split stay at CSR and WL in December. Transportation from WL was so much better. Buses at CSR were very crowded even though we boarded at the first stop. We stood on at least half of our trips to and from parks.

My family never noticed the construction last year at WL when they were essentially renovating a significant portion of the building (the right half as you face the front) as well as building a new beach just outside our window. At the time, Disney was giving some pretty sweet discounts because of the construction, and we even had WL commemorative construction themed trading pins in our room. I think the contractors didnt get started in earnest until 9am, and they were shut down at a reasonable hour and gone before most people return from the parks.

We brought our four year old back at noon each day for a nap and never heard a peep from the work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter