Help me choose, Portofino Bay or Royal Pcific?

check the menus for that meal deal.
i am assuming you are talking about the old one.

see if you would want to eat 12 of those meals before buying them.

the only place i would be using it at is Louie's.

i find that there are plenty of places in the parks that have food i really like.
the 6 places on the list wouldn't work for me except for Louie's.

We've stayed at the RPR three times so far. For our 4th trip, we were considering Hard Rock. We love RPR but hubby was thinking that it might be fun to try somewhere different. It does cost more, but not a lot more. However, once I pointed out to him that pool hopping is allowed for Universal, he changed his mind so we'll be at RPR.

We did get a great rate without an AP, but we're going in the off-season and got a PIN. Also, we already had tickets that we purchased at the start of 2010 that we figure we should finally use!

We did the meal deal once, but just for the kids. When I figured out the cost of the meals and what I would eat, we would have wasted a lot of money on the meal deal for the adults. Since we were in the off-season, the parks closed at 6pm - and we found that we had to be at quick service by 5:30. So, that was a lot of rushing just to get two meals in. It was only $10 per a child when we did it then so it did work out to save us money for them. We're not doing it this next time since the best eater is now 10, putting him in the expensive category. (And the other two aren't huge eaters). Also, it wasn't stellar food. It saved us money on the kids that one day, but we had to rush to get dinner in. The parks don't close until 7pm this time around, but I don't think it's worth it to us this time.

We stayed at RPH last May and really enjoyed the hotel. It's such a short walk to US and IOA. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We are going for graduation trip the year and staying there again.

I have some new question if anyone has the answers?

1} If I have a annual pass do I still pay to park at the RP? I see where you can park at the garage for free with a AP?

2} Do you have to book a room through SeaWorld with one of their preferred hotels or can you just book directly through the hotel to receive the benefits of early entry?

Thanks!!:goodvibes

I have some new question if anyone has the answers?

1} If I have a annual pass do I still pay to park at the RP? I see where you can park at the garage for free with a AP?

2} Do you have to book a room through SeaWorld with one of their preferred hotels or can you just book directly through the hotel to receive the benefits of early entry?

Thanks!!:goodvibes

everyone pays to park at the onsite hotels.
you get free parking at the garage with the AP but no over night parking allowed there.

We just got back a couple weeks ago from PBH, and LOVED the resort. The room size is the biggest we've had at our Disney/Orlando hotels, and the theming was excellent. I had a rate of $185/night, so I felt like we got a 'Disney Deluxe' hotel for the price of a moderate.

We were in the West Wing, and literally minutes from the boat dock. Boat ride was beautiful, and only about 10min--and we never waited more than 5min for a boat.

Very happy with this hotel!

For those that bought an annual pass on line and then booked a room with using the AP discount, did it work? I ask as the Universal employee I'm speaking with at the moment, says in order to get the AP discount for a room, the pass must be activated before you can get the discounts aka book your room using it. Can anyone verify this?

For those that bought an annual pass on line and then booked a room with using the AP discount, did it work? I ask as the Universal employee I'm speaking with at the moment, says in order to get the AP discount for a room, the pass must be activated before you can get the discounts aka book your room using it. Can anyone verify this?

Totally wrong.

Nicely end the call and call back or book online.

Thank you and you are correct. I spoke with someone in hotel reservations and you can still get the discount before activating your AP..woohoo all booked.

Glad you got to the right person.

They will tell you at checkin when they need to see the AP. They know that plenty of people buy them once they get there, or upgrade from the tickets they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter