• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Just back from Disney and

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
I was checking to see if AP rates have come out and I just read about this new program. I was in WDW since last weekend. How was I suppose to know about this program?
I am going again Oct. 19th to 24th but from my understanding, I can't book the new program because I am past my 120 days.

I am very upset... What was I suppose to do? Also, AP holders who do not read these websites=how would they even know about this?
Any advice? Any luck?

HI. Don't panic yet. Go to disneyworld.com/passholder and put in your dates to see what is available. The system shows Oct, Nov or Dec as the only choice for this program. My guess is, you should be okay as long as you aren't too choosy about which resort.

The system will only book AP rates 120 or more days prior to arrival. If you attempt to book anything today, the earliest date the system will accept is 10/23. You could try the passholder # and see if they can help. I believe the number is 407-560-7277.

Just call the regular CRO number, they are still making AP reservations the "old-fashioned" way. I called two days ago and got a good AP rate for July 30 -- only 30 days out.

The OP has one problem with attempting to call in. No AP codes were available to the public after 10/4. They are looking for 10/19.

Here's what I'd suggest. Call down to CRO. Explain the situation that you were down in Orlando at the time, and didn't hear about the program. From what I read, they were making exceptions when the program first came out because some people were already past the 120 minimum. If you don't get any satisfaction from the CM, ask to speak with a supervisor. They should hopefully be able to make an exception for you.

Seems like the AP program is starting to closely resemble DVC on some fronts with this. If you want the discount looks like you're going to have to start planning ahead. This doesn't really bother me because I'm used to it with DVC, but this is going to be a shock to alot of people who sometimes make last minute travel plans.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

Brian

They pretty much said "tough luck". I'll be looking for call in rates 10/7-10/17.

I'm in the same situation. I called CRO on Friday and they said that regular call in AP rates will be coming out soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter