Help....I'm having soooo much trouble picking an Epcot WS restaurant.

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
I thought I'd made my decision, but now I don't know. San Angel, Alfredo's, Marreksh, none of these but something else. What is different, but good. I've tried Rose & Crown, but don't like the food well enough to eat there if we can't get the patio. I think the girls would find food they like at San Angel or Alfredo's, but they get such bad reviews..... Marreksh gets good reviews, but will the girls eat it? DD dosen't like Japanese or Chinese, so that's out. Le Cellier isn't "different" enough. Norway is out because we don't like raw fish. Germany??

Of course the food & wine festival is going on while we're there, but after walking & standing in lines all day in the parks, I don't think I'd like to stand in different lines all night to get bits & pieces of dinner??

Right now, I've got PS at Alfredo's......I dunno, what do you think?:rolleyes: :confused: :( :confused:

We really like Alfredo's and that includes DH, DS-18, DD-15 and myself!!

I've never tried Alfredo's, but it gets really bad reviews. How about Chefs de France?

Tepanyaki is alot like BeniHana's. Chef cooks at your table with 8 people sitting around and there is steak, lobster, shrimp. I worried about my two teens liking 'japanese' but they loved it. There was so much food and everyone loved it. And it was a 'different' experience for all of us. I think you would enjoy it.

Originally posted by swankybeth
I've never tried Alfredo's, but it gets really bad reviews. How about Chefs de France?

I thought about Chefs de France too...I'll have to look the menu over again.

Bildmouse, some folks really like Alfredo's but the really get slambed alot. Plus, we can eat Italian here in Lexington.

I don't know, this is the only one I'm really waffeling about. I'm going to go look at Chef's menu.

Thanks for the replys....anyone else?

I vote for Morroco's Marrekesh...very rare to find Morrocan food in regular USA restaurants...why not try something new!? The food and belly dancer show is great. The other restaurants are easy to find in almost any city...Italian, Steak house, Japanese Steak House where they cook in front of you, Mexican...all of these are good, but easy to find outside of WDW...go for the unusual.

I didn't like Alfredo's. After we ate there, I really regretted the money we wasted. I would have been happier with a burger from the Electric Umbrella! The Japanese places are nice - (both the hibachi and the "fast food"). I like Le Cellier. I don't really need different - I just like the food.

Hi jennymouse! I agree with tlt! Restaurant Marrakesh is a perfect choice! If you go for dinner, they have belly dancers. The ambiance feels authentic, and the food is excellent!! They have things that I think children would eat (like chicken shish-kabobs). However, to be honest, I don't have any little ones, so I'm not really a good judge of what a little mouth will eat. ;)

I believe they have a kids menu though.

Have a great meal wherever you go!!

After reading your post, I just realized you don't have such "little mouths" in your family! For a 15 year old and an 18 year old, I'd say go for it!!

The cuisine of Restaurant Marrakesh ihas an exotic feel without being so far outside the experience of the typical American palate that most diners willl not appreciate the flavors. I had a delightful chicken dish that was made just a touch unusual by the addition of preserved lemons, an authentic Moroccan ingredient. And couscous, after all, is just a semolina pasta in a tiny granular shape.

I also think that Chefs de France is a marvelous place. My quiche Lorraine last week is certainly familiar enough to American diners. My son's goat cheese pizza had a familiar feel with enough of the exotic to be interesting, as did my husband's crepes stuffed with curried chicken salad. The next time we go to WDW we'll certainly try Chefs for dinner (This time was just lunch.).

Either of these restaurants would make an excellent choice.

We really enjoyed San Angel and would go back. I also like Marrakesh and the Biergarten. I would head to any of the three if kids weren't picky eaters. You can find menus at www.wdwig.com

We also really enjoyed San Angel Inn. I think if you search the posts on it, you will find that there are more people who love the food than hate it. Plus, it seems that some people confuse the Cantina San Angel (the counter service in Mexico) with the sitdown restaurant. I, like you, disliked the food at the Rose & Crown, yet you will find a lot of people who love the food there. There are always a few hits and misses on each menu.

At San Angel Inn, we started with the ceviche which was very good although not excellent. I had a beef dish (I believe it was the first dish listed on the entree section) that was outstanding. Surprisingly well aged and so good. My husband had the chicken mole which was delicious. He'd been to Mexico City on business the year before and said that the mole at SAI was as good as what he ate there. Our kids had chicken fingers with fries which were very good. I can't remember if we had dessert.

SAI posters that stick to authentic Mexican dishes usually seem pretty happy. Posters that eat the texmex stuff seem more divided. It leads me to believe that the authentic Mexican dishes are probably best there.

Question. Would the food at Marrakesh be similar to the food at Boma since they're both African? Since we'll be staying at AKL, we will be enjoying Boma & Jiko. I'm leaning towards San Angel Inn or Chefs de France....but Marrakesh will be in there if it's different than Boma/Jiko.

DW refuses to try Restaurant Marrakesh, so I can't help you with that one. We absolutely love Germany's Biergarten! The food is great! The band is great! :cool:

I've never tried it, but have you looked at walking over to one of the Boardwalk area restaurants. That would increase your options.

Good luck!

Originally posted by POOH&PIGLET
DW refuses to try Restaurant Marrakesh, so I can't help you with that one. We absolutely love Germany's Biergarten! The food is great! The band is great! :cool:

I've never tried it, but have you looked at walking over to one of the Boardwalk area restaurants. That would increase your options.

Good luck!

We're doing Flying Fish on another night. This is actually the only night we're planning on eating in WS. I just called DD & told her to get out the guide book I gave her and pick a WS restaurant. I mean, I really should let her pick out at least one.....shouldn't I?:rolleyes:

Dear jennymouse,

The cuisines of Restaurant Marrakesh and Boma and Jiko are very different, as are their atmospheres. I enjoyed all of these restaurants and recommend them unreservedly. BTW, if this is your first experience at AKL, you're in for a real treat! Have a great trip!

Jacqui

Le Cellier was "different" for me because it was the best food in the "world."

It was better than Yachstman's and 50s Prime Time Cafe and it was even a little better that CRT.

Where else can you have delicious cheese soup exactly like that? I would commit crimes to get some more of that soup.

Apparently, the food is better in Canada.

Hello,

My wife and I ate at both Alfredo's and Marrekesh on our trip last week.

We were disappointed in Alfredo's. Not much creativity in the menu and rather bland. Service was nice and the restuarant's interior was very pleasant.

Marrekesh is one of our favorites. The best couscous I've ever eaten and their coffee drinks are really good. They now have the belly dancer at lunch. I guess they are trying to drum up more business because Morrocan food is not very well known in the USA an therefore less familiar. The place has an interesting interior and is dark and calming. It has never been very crowded during lunch. When the belly dancer came out, my wife asked me"Why isn't every man in Epcot eating here?" "Because they are fools.", I replied.;)

We have also tried San Angel Inn for dinner on a previous trip. Good food but the dining area was crowded and rather loud. It was neat to sit and watch the boats from the ride go buy. It is also cool to dine out under the "stars" no matter what time of day it is outside the mexican pavilion.

Hope this helps,
ceburto2

Africa is a big place - think the difference between eating Mexican and eating Canadian.

Marrakesh is more Arabian than African in their cooking and style.

Here is what I would do if I were you. Pick up a box of Couscous next time you are at the grocery store (its usually near the rice). It doesn't taste like too much if you don't do anything to it (Marrakesh serves it with butter and salt). Pick up a chicken skewer from the meat market for everyone. Make couscous, grill shishkabab, serve on top of couscous. For dessert, a piece of Baklava. If they eat that - they will like Marrakesh.

We love Marrakesh. Usually end up their twice, once on a PS - and again for lunch or an early dinner when we don't have PS - because it is unpopular and easy to get into.

Originally posted by crisi
Africa is a big place - think the difference between eating Mexican and eating Canadian.

Marrakesh is more Arabian than African in their cooking and style.

Here is what I would do if I were you. Pick up a box of Couscous next time you are at the grocery store (its usually near the rice). It doesn't taste like too much if you don't do anything to it (Marrakesh serves it with butter and salt). Pick up a chicken skewer from the meat market for everyone. Make couscous, grill shishkabab, serve on top of couscous. For dessert, a piece of Baklava. If they eat that - they will like Marrakesh.

We love Marrakesh. Usually end up their twice, once on a PS - and again for lunch or an early dinner when we don't have PS - because it is unpopular and easy to get into.

That's very interesting! I guess the same could be said for northern & southern cooking...same country, different foods. I swear....the folks here on the DIS has taught this ol' Kentucky girl so much!LOL ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter