HELP! I need your best 'hanging out at the pool' all day tips!!

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
My family and I are heading to the World in September and we want to do the 'pool thing' most of the time. Meaning.... heading down early, scoping out chairs, setting up camp and hanging out all day.

It will be my DH and I, our DD, 4, who lives for the water, DD 2 1/2, who is also a fish, and DS, almost 5 months old, loves baths, has yet to do the pool, and will prolly spend most of his time out of the water with mama. :teeth

We are splitting our time between AKL and BCV for SAB.

Are there umbrellas that can be moved around? SHade is a must for baby and me.

Can we bring a cooler (hard or soft)

I am clueless as this will be our first time doing the pool day thing........ Any suggestions??

Thanks sooooooo much!

The only umbrellas you'll find will be with the tables around the pool, otherwise you'll just have to look for a shady spot. I've seen both types of coolers brought into pools, so I wouldn't worry about that. We've done many pool days, but with my kids 5 and 2, by 1 or 2 o'clock they're beat and we head back to the room. Staying and playing in the sun for that long can wear them out, so keep that in mind.

Originally posted by jel0511
We've done many pool days, but with my kids 5 and 2, by 1 or 2 o'clock they're beat and we head back to the room. Staying and playing in the sun for that long can wear them out, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info on the unbrellas... and our kids are done by 1 or 2 too! I just hope on one or two days they all nap for an hour, so I can nap too! <wishful thinking eh?>

Dont' know about BCV, but AKL is set up perfectly for this.

Mara is right next to the pool , with tables inside and out.
There are lockers right there too for valubles. The pool is zero entry, so keeping DS and DD happy shouldn't be too hard. The slide is a lot of fun, too. They do have activites going on at the pool for kids and there is cookie decortaing at Boma during the day. So much to do at AKL! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter