• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Do you live in the Orlando-area???

CathieArms

DIS Veteran
This might not be the right forum, but i'm not sure where else to post it. I'm looking at some of the online grocers, and the cost is *really* high! I'm not talking 2x as much as I pay locally, but nearly 3x as much as I pay locally for food. I'm wondering if you can tell me what you're currently paying (ballpark figure) for the following items:

- 1 gallon of milk (1% or any kind)
- 1 pound of bananas
- 1 pound of grapes
- 1 gallon of orange juice
- 1 package (2 cups) of shredded cheddar cheese

I'm just trying to figure out if the online grocers have just really hiked their prices, or if the cost in Orlando is really high to begin with.

Thoughts?

Hi...I live not far from Orlando and shop at Publix which is the most prominent grocery store in Florida.

I don't have all the prices you're requesting but I can give you these:

gallon of milk $2.89
32 oz. carton Tropicana Juice $3.00
Bananas .69 lb.
grapes 1.69 lb. (if I remember right?)

sorry I can't remember what the price of shredded cheese is.

Hope this helps.
You really do pay a premium for the convenience of delivery.

According to the Local Publix ad.
A gallon of milk is 2.89
A lb. of white seedless grapes is 1.69
Tropicana OJ in 64oz. containers are 2 for 6.00
That should give you an idea...

oooh! oooh!

I GOT THE LAST ONE!

8 oz. package of Publix Shredded Fancy Mexican 4 cheese- $2.69...

very tasty for fajitas!

Thanks, y'all! Looks like I'm making a trip to the grocery store, rather than ordering online. While our prices in SE MN are just a touch less expensive than what you're quoting (I can get a gallon of milk for $1.89, for instance), it's still TREMENDOUSLY cheaper than what they're asking online! HOLY BUCKETS!!!! They've ramped up the prices AND added a delivery fee. For instance, if memory serves, they're asking almost $6/gallon for milk. OJ was something like $6/gallon. Crazy!

Anybody familiar with the Winn Dixie stores close to Disney? They seem to be the closest at 5 miles away. The closest Publix I can find is 10 miles.

Where are you staying? i really prefer Publix (their prices are about what I pay here in CT), and there's one near Gaylord Palms, and another not too far from AKV on 192.

Thanks, y'all! Looks like I'm making a trip to the grocery store, rather than ordering online. While our prices in SE MN are just a touch less expensive than what you're quoting (I can get a gallon of milk for $1.89, for instance), it's still TREMENDOUSLY cheaper than what they're asking online! HOLY BUCKETS!!!! They've ramped up the prices AND added a delivery fee. For instance, if memory serves, they're asking almost $6/gallon for milk. OJ was something like $6/gallon. Crazy!

Anybody familiar with the Winn Dixie stores close to Disney? They seem to be the closest at 5 miles away. The closest Publix I can find is 10 miles.

I don't know where you're staying but I have a lot of them marked on this map with either shopping basket icon (for Super Walmart and Target) or milk/apple icon (for Publix store and one Winn Dixie called Market Place)
Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

Ten miles? No way...

There is a Publix close to DTD... leave DTD, go thru the non-Disney hotels towards 535, and make a right on 535.. get to the left lane immediately. Then left at Vineland, right there by Bahama Breeze, go past the Premium Outlet Mall, and a great McDonalds and then left into the Publix parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter