Help!Daughter doing project on Walt Disney!!

forr2grls

Mouseketeer
Hi all!My daughter is doing a history project on Walt.She needs help on a source that would give her info on how Walt's ideas and/or Company shaped Entertainment and the world.Everything needs to be factual.My head hurts from trying to help her!!

TIA

Paula

I actually wrote a paper last semester about Walt Disney and used the book "Disney and His Worlds" by Alan Bryman. It has a lot of good info. You probably don't want to spend the $50 to get it though, so I'd recommend trying the free trial for Nook from Barnes and Noble- you can download a Nook app straight to your computer if you don't have one- and see if you can use anything from that. That's all I can think of, but I hope it helps at least a bit! :)

I've done a lot of projects and papers on Disney. Some really good books are the "Walt Disney: The Triumph of American Imagination", "Inside the Dream". "Disney War" is also wonderful in terms of how the Disney Company impacted Entertainment, but there's a few things to know before reading. One, it's mainly about the Michael Eisner period of the Disney company, and two, it's pro Disney, but anti-Eisner, so sometimes you have to get through a few chapters of bashing. But in terms of how Disney impacts today's entertainment, it's great.

Also, MSNBC did an amazing Disney documentary called something like "Walt Disney: The Man behind the Legend". It's on their television a lot, but you might be able to get it online too.

Best of luck to your daughter!!!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter