Help! Booked thru expedia & can't get dining plan :(

kimand3kids

Mouseketeer
We book our hotel and flight through expedia (paid in full). This is our first trip to Disney. At the time I didn't understand the dining plan and since I've been reading these boards for a month now, I really want to get it.

But apparently I can't since I didn't book through Disney - is there ANY way to add it to our reservations at Poly? We called Disney, they said no and to call expedia. Called expedia, said it wasn't available, said to call Poly and see if they can accommodate us.

What to do? I'm bummed. Does anyone have any other info that can help?

kimand3kids said:
We book our hotel and flight through expedia (paid in full). This is our first trip to Disney. At the time I didn't understand the dining plan and since I've been reading these boards for a month now, I really want to get it.

But apparently I can't since I didn't book through Disney - is there ANY way to add it to our reservations at Poly? We called Disney, they said no and to call expedia. Called expedia, said it wasn't available, said to call Poly and see if they can accommodate us.

The only way to get the plan was to pay rack rate with tickets thru Disney...or now renting DVC apparently...
I do not think there is a way to do it unless you can cancel your expedia trip and rebook w Disney... or a travel agent...

I would have suggested a TA...that is what we did for our first trip...they help out with all these things and from what I have seen from Expedia, there is not much discount there, sorry!!

hope you can get it figured out!!

even without the plan...YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!! that is an amazing thing in itself!!! Do not let this stress you if you can not fix it!! Just go and enjoy and plan on it for your next trip to the World~~ :wizard:

Since you're already booked, I would suggest making ADR's for your dinners and other special meals ... and just GO and enjoy. We've been plenty without the dining plan and had a blast. We're going in about 2 weeks with the dining plan for the first time ... so we'll see the difference. That said, our last two trips have been absolutely heavenly. Just put all your meals on your "keys to the kingdom" (your resort card) and pay it all at the end ... or pay as you go .... and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy !!!
:-)

kimand3kids said:

Hi again. How long is it until you go? Did you buy the insurance with Expedia? You could cancel & rebook with Disney.

Thanks - we will have a great time, and I'll get over it - I'm just kind of bummed. Just wished I would've known this before, and wondering if there is any way around it. Oh well - it certainly won't spoil our trip!

Honestly, I don't do the dining plan because it looks like so much food! Just go and see if you think you could even eat that much and if so book it next time. Also, check your Expedia package, you might be able to cancel with only a small penalty.

I have been 3 times in the last year and a half without the dining plan. Could you have saved some money? Probably. Is it going to break the bank? Probably not. You'll enjoy it just as much, like the others said, don't let it spoil your vacation. Don't even think about it. :thumbsup2

You booked Hotel and air through expedia.

What about park tickets?
Did you buy park tickets yet or were you planning on purchasing them down there? If you haven't bought em yet, they can put em on your hotel cards when you check in. Go ahead and buy the park tix when you check in from the clerk. And immediately afterwards ask if you can add the dining. Give it a shot. All they can say is no. And then you're not any worse off than you are now.

we booked hotel and air through expedia, but did not buy tickets at that time b/c they only offered packages with park hopper and we do not need that.

We were just going to buy our park tickets whenever, since there doesn't seem to be any "bargains" out there on admission. thanks!

Hiya! I think it sucks that some travel agents aren't offering the dining plan, but not to worry, you'll have a great time with or without it. One thing you could do is get one of those travellers check debit cards where you put x amount of money on the card and then you could just use it for food - at least then you'll feel like you paid upfront! Without the DP you'll have more flexibility too when it comes to sharing meals and also, you won't feel pressurised into keeping a table service reservation, if you're tired or if it rains, you can just skip it and grab a CS meal without feeling you've wasted credits. Also you can eat offsite if you wish.

Regarding the park tickets, I'd recommend you go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for their newsletter - each month you'll get a newsletter emailed to you which often has good offers for discount park tickets, with sometimes around 10 dollars or more off the Disney gate price.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter