Help an old 'expert'!

cdsmiler81

DIS Veteran
Afternoon lovely people!

Ok, you know that feeling where you think you know the best tips and tricks for booking a DLP holiday and then suddenly everything changes?! Well I feel like I'm starting from scratch all over again!

Prices seem to have shot up (I'm looking at the cheapest time of the year - early/mid January 2018 outside of French holidays!), breakfast is no longer included, Mickey and the Magician isn't on ALL year....

Our last trip was in March 2016, but that was booked almost a year before! So I haven't booked anything for ages, and I haven't kept in the loop with regards to DLP!

So can you help me please with the following quick queries before I start searching for up to date quotes? (I'm aware that the new dining plan doesn't kick in until March, so I wouldn't be surprised if these are unknowns at the moment)

1. Meal plans - am I right that you can't JUST add breakfast? You have to go for one of the half or full board options? http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/meal-plans.html
1.1 (!) If possible, can you JUST pay for breakfast for the days you want it? Or do you have to pay for breakfast for all the days you're at the hotel?

2. Annual Pass add ons to rooms. Are these still possible, or is it too early to say?
2.1 (!) And if so, can you book your hotel for one adult and 2 children, but book you meal plan for 2 adults 2 children? (via the official DLP websites - any country! lol)

3. Any big changes to Annual Passes? In the past we've always invested in one adult Dream pass (best money off for shopping......!!). Do we know if the Annual Passes will include any new benefits regarding meal plans or otherwise?

I'm also having to get used to the fact that my daughter will be 8 by the time we go, so she's full price!! :scared1: On that note....

4. Are the Under 12s free offers still pretty much unpredictable? Where are they normally found and which time of year do they normally apply to? (I'm also going to check out March '18 and Nov '18 deals as part of my searching...)

Thanking you all in advance!!

C x

1. They aren't offering a breakfast only meal plan yet. Yes you can purchase breakfast any day of your stay, but they are pricey! Ranging from 9/10 euro at Cheyenne and Santa Fe to 25 euro at DLH. You might be better with Starbucks or a breakfast on main Street.
2. I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do an AP add on. The nightly room charges will still apply, you just won't get the benefit of breakfast for that amount. (That was always an added bonus!) No, you can only book a meal plan for the number of adults you have booked for. We've done this before and just shared the vouchers out over our stay. I'm not sure how this will work for breakfast.
3. No changes to AP's so far. There are 3 categories; Classic, Fantasy and Dream. Don't forget if you're staying onsite you can use your AP on blockout days. You just need an easypass with the right number of people on it.
4. I think under 12's go free tends to be in the winter; January - March.

Hope that helps - have fun planning!

I only booked a couple of months ago and I was given the option of booking breakfast only, half board or full board.

Just done a dummy booking and you still get a breakfast only option however it has to be for everyone and for the whole stay.

Thanks both - but that's for arrivals before the end of March 2017 isn't it? I tried for the January 2018 dates and tried clicking Breakfast and the site came up with an error......

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter