Hello from an old face!

HappyPanda

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

I've not been on here for a while as I've had a bit of a DLP hiatus whilst adding another sproglet to my clan! She's now 1 year old and I've decided that it's time to introduce her to my favourite place in the world.

We are looking to go in August for 4n/5d as we've never done a summer trip before, normally favouring the cheaper prices in February and March!

I feel so out of the loop with all the changes so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions over the next few months.

Let the planning commence.... :)

Welcome back HappyP, and congratulations on your new addition!

Like you suggest, August is 'a little' pricey and very busy, but the long summer evenings are magical pixiedust: I love the fact you can have a bit of a lie in, and a dip in the pool, and still have plenty of time left for the parks.

Have fun planning :)

Welcome back and congratulations! Where are you staying?

I love summer trips - although it's busy it can be so much more relaxed. Up early for EMH, then a long leisurely breakfast. Morning at the parks and then back to hotel for a rest/swim (if you can) and out again early evening for dinner and late nights in the park. You'll get more done than you think!

We were originally going to go for the Santa Fe to try and keep costs down but I do really like the sound of having a mid-afternoon swim! It would be an extra £250 though :sad: When we are already looking at spending £1,700 for a 4 night stay I'm not sure I can justify the extra cost!

Welcome back and congratulations on your new addition to your family! We're returning this year after a 5 year hiatus and I feel so out of the loop too! Going in summer is definitely my favourite time to go - I love the long summer evenings and (hopefully!) good weather - I think they far outweigh any crowds and queues. On saying that, we're going in October :rotfl: we wanted to experience Halloween again.

Welcome back and congratulations on your new addition to your family! We're returning this year after a 5 year hiatus and I feel so out of the loop too! Going in summer is definitely my favourite time to go - I love the long summer evenings and (hopefully!) good weather - I think they far outweigh any crowds and queues. On saying that, we're going in October :rotfl: we wanted to experience Halloween again.

I do love Halloween at DLP but I was definitely swayed by the long opening hours in the summer. It will means we have time to do everything at a leisurely pace with a baby in tow.. a complete alien concept to me as normally we are marching round the park like a tornado!

did you check other countries offers, German one is really good and maybe you could save there...

did you check other countries offers, German one is really good and maybe you could save there...

I priced up France, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany and Netherlands! Haha

The German deal was good but with the exchange rates the UK prices just beat it.

We are all booked up! We managed to get a super cheap Eurostar on the Sunday so have extended our stay by one night so we are now staying from 6 August for 5 nights for only £30 more than the 4n/5d would have been.

We've decided to stick with the Santa Fe - as much as the lure of the pool was strong we decided to keep costs down and save more money for food and shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!