Hearst Castle?

Blahnde- Thanks for your reply.

Our tour at the Hearst starts at 6:10pm. It's the holiday tour.

I've done the evening holiday tour once and I want to caution you that you won't see much of the exterior grounds. The grounds are not well lit therefore, they don't show you much. Can't remember if the tour included the exterior pool (The Neptune Pool?) but that is something you shouldn't miss. It can be quite a site to see immense size of the castle from the outside as well.

As for places to stay in Cambria, your choice in places will be limited since you need a room for five, unless you plan on reserving two rooms. I like the White Water Inn on Moonstone Dr. but they only have two rooms with two double beds. I don't think you can get a fifth person in. You might try Burton Inn in the East Village. The decor is not to my taste but it was clean and well kept with several (okay, six is large for Cambria) suites that would give you plenty of room for five.

You should also plan on a stop to see the elephant seals giving birth at a beach just north (or is it just south?) of Hearst castle. Around the time of year of your visit, the beach is usually jammed with seals. Sometimes you'll find the bull elephant seals fighting off other males to defend his "harem." Ask anyone in town, they'll know which beach. There are usually several cars parked at the beach parking lot off of Hwy. 1, so it won't be hard to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter