Heads up - 2017 Military Room Discount dropped today!!!

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I was able to secure Poly CL lagoon view for next August at the usual 40% off!! Rooms seemed a bit limited as they only had regular TPV, CL lagoon view and CL TPV....

If you're eligible, get on that phone and call!!!

Do you know what period of time this discount is through? We're not arriving until 9/30.

We also booked a Poly CL TPV (split w a preferred POR stay)!

Just curious...what are your dates?

I'm wondering if GV CL is available at any point during the year, or it really sounds like they are just discounting the rooms that are harder to fill (which is to be expected). I dunno, my family is super excited about the LV now though. :yay:

Just curious...what are your dates?

I'm wondering if GV CL is available at any point during the year, or it really sounds like they are just discounting the rooms that are harder to fill (which is to be expected). I dunno, my family is super excited about the LV now though. :yay:
Early July through mid-July (12 nights)

I got a great agent that played and played until she found me a Poly standard room. I would have done any view but had zero interest in CL. 10 nights!

Our original date sonly had TPV CL at more than double what I booked the standard room for. No thanks!

Hey Gang,
Long time Disney fan here. We haven't been in about 6 years. My husband was in the Marine Corp for about 3 years, honorably discharged. He is now 100% disabled (not due to the military). I don't see any type of discount for someone with a DD-214 and a VA ID. Am I viewing that information correctly, he is not eligible for a discount of any sort? Thank you for any help.

Hey Gang,
Long time Disney fan here. We haven't been in about 6 years. My husband was in the Marine Corp for about 3 years, honorably discharged. He is now 100% disabled (not due to the military). I don't see any type of discount for someone with a DD-214 and a VA ID. Am I viewing that information correctly, he is not eligible for a discount of any sort? Thank you for any help.
Have you checked with Shades of Green? I believe they have an offer in January and September for folks with a DD-214.

I have not Gwynne. Are you saying that is the only resort he would get a discount at? This is the part I can't understand. We are planning on traveling in October of 2017.

I have not Gwynne. Are you saying that is the only resort he would get a discount at? This is the part I can't understand. We are planning on traveling in October of 2017.
Hi Esmerelda,
In order to qualify for the Armed Forces Salute the military member needs to be active duty or retired. The rules and restrictions are here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates/details/

As far as I know, Shades of Green is the only resort that gives discounts with a DD214. (Jan and Sept)

Some other suggestions that might help would be to join a code/discount watch thread. Keep an eye on the Discount Codes and Rates section. Register with Disney for emails, sometimes they send discounts in emails.
Another tip that I've used before is to be flexible on your resort when the discounts are announced (if you can). Sometimes there aren't discounts for your chosen resort, but there are for another. I keep a calculator handy. I run the numbers, with the percents off. I try to grab a discount when I can, particularly if it's a month that's busy. These days Oct can be quite busy.
One other October tip-There is usually a big convention called The Gartner Symposium. I really really try to avoid their booking dates. Usually I can google in January or so and figure out the dates for next year in Orlando (2017). Sometimes they are out earlier.
October has been a good month for us to visit, so that's why I have extra tips for booking it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Gwynne, I will keep watching. Wow, you almost need a class "Disney Resort Planning 101" when you haven't done this for 5 or so years. LOL I do agree that planning is part of the fun. I just had forgotten how hard it was to get a discount. (I really wished they made it a bit more simple for us 'mature' folks). Thanks again.

Booked CR, Park View, CL, Roll-in shower for September 2017. Saved over $2900!!!! Could not believe I got this! I've been trying for three years to get this room with discount. Thank you for the heads up!!!!

So my family and i are staying at akv useing our DVC and my sister is staying at CBR, does anyone kniw if i can use my military discount for her room? Would i have to be staying in the room?

Booked CR, Park View, CL, Roll-in shower for September 2017. Saved over $2900!!!! Could not believe I got this! I've been trying for three years to get this room with discount. Thank you for the heads up!!!!

That's awesome!!! We wanted a CR TPV CL room sooooo bad last year, but it never became available under the discount, so we had just a regular bay lake view room, which was nice, but I think I went into the trip already disappointed, lol

So my family and i are staying at akv useing our DVC and my sister is staying at CBR, does anyone kniw if i can use my military discount for her room? Would i have to be staying in the room?

To my knowledge, you all have to be staying at the same resort and checking in on the same day.

When calling for the military discounted room rates, do you have to know which resort you want or can you provide dates and number of people and they'll pull what's available to compare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter