Hawaiian Airlines Main Cabin Food Choices

stevevm

Mouseketeer
Good Morning All

We are flying from JFK nonstop to Honolulu roundtrip

I have seen the menu on their site

Are there other food choices?

I have some picky eaters in our family and doubt they will really eat any of the food

Any input would be greatly appreciated

I've done the Boston to Honolulu route, which is basically the same itinerary and menu. They do not give you a choice, unfortunately. You get what you get in terms of the hot meal. That said, I've done this flight with small kids and they understood that "you get what you get, and you don't get upset" and were able to eat everything.

They have additional "snack box" type items for purchase, but I wouldn't count on those to be your breakfast, lunch, and dinner on an 11 hour flight. If your eaters are really picky, I would buy some lunch meat at home and make sandwiches to bring with you.

You can see items available for purchase here:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our-services/in-flight-services/pau-hana-snack-bar

You can also take your own food.

Freeze a plastic water bottle and put it in a cooler with the food. As long as there is no liquid in the bottle it can go through security. We do this every trip and never have a problem.

We then take sub sandwiches, chips, fruit, and snacks. The fruit must be consumed before you land.

We also take our Hydroflasks and fill up on either water or iced tea from Dunkin when we get past security. We then have our hydroflasks to take when we tour the island, which cuts down on having to purchase either water or pop. Saves the island from also having to deal with less plastic waste.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter