Having never cruised what do you book Flounders Nursery for?

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
I am *planning* on another baby before the cruise. I have never vacationed without our first child being with us at all times. What do cruisers normally book Flounders nursery for? Dinners, shows in particular. Just curious?

When we cruised with our 2 year old we sent him to Flounders for our Palo dinner, a spa appointment, and a few hours during our day at sea. My wife made me take him the first time since she wasn't sure she could cope if he started crying.

When we go to check him in he hears the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song on the TV in the playroom which is separated from the check in by a counter height door. He goes nuts to get back there runs through the door as soon as they open it and never looked back. For the rest of the trip whenever we went near there he would throw a fit if that wasn't his destination.

We have friends cruising with us who have two small children. I've been trying to tell them the services available at Flounder's Reef, but not having children, Candy and I are limited on what we can tell them. Anybody wanna chime in here? What kind of advice would you give parents with little ones who have never cruised before? How good of a resource was Flounder's? And for really little ones, is it worth the associated cost?

I used it so DH and I could have a dinner in Palo. We ended up hiting a few of the night clubs too. Tyson was 2 and he loved it. He is a clingy type of kid but he did great.

My son I have now will be 5 we are trying for number 2 now so the baby would be an infant. I am not quite sure what I would use the nursery for as I really never left my son with anyone short of him being in preschool. I guess if we booked Palo that would be a reason. Otherwise I am wondering what I would use it for.

Hi Liz!
When we went with the kids in June, we booked the nursery for Palo brunch (if you decide to go) and for a few hours every night after dinner (8-11). You can only book 10 hours online before the cruise, so schedule what is most important to you first. You may be able to add more hours once on the ship.

I am in the middle of writing a review of cruising with kids. I hope it will answer a lot of the questions out there.

Hi Liz!
When we went with the kids in June, we booked the nursery for Palo brunch (if you decide to go) and for a few hours every night after dinner (8-11). You can only book 10 hours online before the cruise, so schedule what is most important to you first. You may be able to add more hours once on the ship.

I am in the middle of writing a review of cruising with kids. I hope it will answer a lot of the questions out there.

Thanks so much for answering all my questions. It was good talking with you. I hope they put this on the show. If not for our convo I would be very confused.:goodvibes

We've cruised a few times and the first few we did not use Flounders (even though I had kids of that age). We wanted to make sure we were able to do everything possible with them first. Now my last cruise in Aug. we used it a bunch. I booked my 2 yr old there 1 hr each night after dinner just so DH and I could visit the adult only areas (2 hrs after dinner on my bday night :goodvibes ) and 4 hrs during our excursion. We have yet to do Palo's but that would be another reason to use them. The cost is $6 per hour and the kids LOVE it! My DD would get excited and try to open the door herself while the cast member was checking her in. She also fell asleep one night there and they had her in a crib separated from those that were still playing. I really like Flounders although I must admit...having the older clubs free is even better. :)

We'll be cruising with our baby who will be 10 months old in March. I'd like to use Flounders so we can have some adult time, but I"m also nervous about it. How is the staff with infants?

We'll be cruising with our baby who will be 10 months old in March. I'd like to use Flounders so we can have some adult time, but I"m also nervous about it. How is the staff with infants?

We had our 9 month old son in the nursery in June and he had a great time. They fed him crackers and had swings and soft play areas he could roll around on. There is also a window inside the check in area where you can peek in and check on them The staff was great with him.

I agree with DVCsince02...the staff is WONDERful and MAGICal! I had my 1yr 4 mo old DD with us last year whom was micropreemie at birth so was technically only 1 at the time and still not walking and they did GREAT with her. The ratio of staff to kids is good and allows for them not to be stressed or have to many kids at one time. This helps the staff get to know the kids likes and dislikes too so they are able to make them comfortable and happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter