• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever gotten Flippers Pizza Delivered to your Resort? REVIEWS PLEASE!

Mickeydad

A wise man once said... "You're where you are toda
We are deciding between Giordanos and Flippers. I've gotten a lot of reviews on Giordanos, what about Flippers?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mickeydad:wave2:

We are deciding between Giordanos and Flippers. I've gotten a lot of reviews on Giordanos, what about Flippers?

We stayed at AKV last December. Had a hankering for some pizza one night so I walked down to the front desk and asked them what pizzas delivered to AKV. They had a number of brochures there, but one of the bell boys said he liked Flippers the best. So we gave it a shot.

It is decent mass produced pizza. We would put it on the Pizza Hut / Dominos kind of level. It was hot, delivered to the resort quickly, and it was relatively inexpensive. We liked it enough that we got it again while we were down there.

My next trip down there....if I have a need to order pizza again, I would definitely order from them again. Giordanos is great, but I have a Giordanos less than 2 miles from my house and it tends to be a bit pricier.

We love Flippers Pizza. Flippers is always our first stop when our plane lands. We never have it delivered, though - we always dine-in at Flippers. Their breadsticks are the best I've ever tasted (they taste like homemade bread) and they make their own marinara sauce (excellent).

Wow - we thought Flippers was great pizza (awesome white pizza) - I put it up in the top 5 pizzas I've had in years. We dined in at the one over by Universal - Sand Lake Road actually. I wonder if it depends on which one. I also wouldn't agree with the mass produced Dominos's comparison above - the one we had was nothing like that and baked in a brick oven right in front of us.

I know we had one good pizza place in Melbourne (the only one) and they expanded and none of the other locations had pizza anything like the original.

I would be disappointed because we were thinking about going to Flipper's in Crossroads next month.

It's fine pizza but nothing special but we LOVE giordano's and it's well worth the extra cost.

Had Flippers pizza last year, while staying at POFQ. Good pizza..not awesome...but better than anything WDW has to offer. Price was reasonable and timely delivery.

Never had it delivered but have eaten in... we really liked it and have gone abot 3 times.

Giordianno's has been terrible both times we have been there. Once we had a hair in our pizza and the manager refused to take it off our bill since we had eaten about 1/2 the pizza. I was SOOOO mad! If we had seen the hair (baked into the cheese) we obviously wouldn't have eaten it! GROSSSSSSS!!!!

I stayed at Blue Tree Resort last year and Flippers was the only pizza place they allowed to deliver to the resort. Let me tell you, it was GOOD!! Blue Tree resort is in LBV so the Flippers we had for delivery was from Crossroads. Later that week we stayed in Orlando and picked up another couple of pizzas at the Sand Lake Road place and it was just as good. I dont think you will be disappointed.

This year we will be trying Giordanos. I got a couple of coupon vouchers so I think we are gonna make it a family night. But judging by the poster below, with the HAIR in the pizza, kinda makes me wanna think twice :sad2:

We love Flippers Pizza. Flippers is always our first stop when our plane lands. We never have it delivered, though - we always dine-in at Flippers. Their breadsticks are the best I've ever tasted (they taste like homemade bread) and they make their own marinara sauce (excellent).

My DH mentioned making Flippers our first stop this year after we land!!!! How much of a coincidence is that!! :laughing: My DH and DS(28) (18) can't wait to get their hands on another pizza from Flippers.

Wow - we thought Flippers was great pizza (awesome white pizza) - I put it up in the top 5 pizzas I've had in years. We dined in at the one over by Universal - Sand Lake Road actually. I wonder if it depends on which one. I also wouldn't agree with the mass produced Dominos's comparison above - the one we had was nothing like that and baked in a brick oven right in front of us.

I know we had one good pizza place in Melbourne (the only one) and they expanded and none of the other locations had pizza anything like the original.

I would be disappointed because we were thinking about going to Flipper's in Crossroads next month.

Yes, Flippers at Crossroads is just as good as Flippers at Sand Lake(IMHO). I say that because my trip last July I had it from both and was very pleased. Crossroads we had delivered, and at the Sand Lake location we did take-out. I was pleased with both. :goodvibes

We did a review of Flippers a few years back. There's some good pictures in there as well as both of our's feedback.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2076896&page=4

It's toward the bottom of page 4.

The short version is that we loved it. We went to the location at the Crossroads. They have good calzones and pizza. They will deliver to your resort on Disney property. My wife says the best thing about it is that they have Diet Pepsi. We have returned here every Disney trip since.

The only Giordanos I've been to are in Chicago. It's formulaic Chicago Style pizza, so it's very good. I would say if you want the deep dish Chicago style go with them, but if you like the thinner hand tossed or calzones go Flippers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter