Have I a Reservation or not???!

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Got a rate of $109 per night at CSR on new AP Best Price system for October (regular season) - didn't think too bad - saving of $40 per night. Took a while filling in all details including flight numbers - got to final bit after I'd keyed in my card number and I recived a sorry message to say site experiencing problems. Trouble is I don't know if I'm booked or not so I don't know whether to try again.

Can't afford to wait to see if transaction shows up on my credit card account - might miss the 120 day marker. Looks like I'll be ringing WDW tomorrow - so much for getting people to book on the net.

:crazy:

I would call disney and ask if they're showing it. If not, explain what happened and have them make it at that price. Speak to a supervisor if they fuss, but from what I'm seeing, even if you go back and make the ressie all over again you may not get that price at all. I think if your wheel is squeeky enough they will help you. It is only fair to give you what you had before their system malfunctioned!!

snowmouse said:
I would call disney and ask if they're showing it. If not, explain what happened and have them make it at that price. Speak to a supervisor if they fuss, but from what I'm seeing, even if you go back and make the ressie all over again you may not get that price at all. I think if your wheel is squeeky enough they will help you. It is only fair to give you what you had before their system malfunctioned!!

They have a "disclaimer" for this type of situation so if it didn't take, and you can't rebook the same thing online you should keep trying. They are not going to honor rates that you "had" online unfortunatley. Here is the disclaimer they give with the reservations:

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Room reservations are not accepted until confirmed by confirmation number.

Passholder must present his or her valid pass at check in.
All room reservations and transactions are made and consummated in the State of Florida. Room reservations and transactions and these Terms and Conditions for Room-Only Reservations shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
These Terms and Conditions for Room-Only Reservations are subject to change by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online without notice.

Disney must be having trouble with the website. I was trying to make a payment on my July trip, I get everything filled in, push the submit button and get a message that they can not find my reservation but if I want to make a reservation I can sent a request via e-mail

I had some trouble with the website last night, too. I logged in, it pulled up my itinerary, but would NOT let me make a payment. It kept saying they were unable to authorize my card. I tried two credit cards and a debit card, but no dice.

I just finally gave up, wrote out a check, and mailed it off this morning!

pigby said:
Got a rate of $109 per night at CSR on new AP Best Price system for October (regular season) - didn't think too bad - saving of $40 per night. Took a while filling in all details including flight numbers - got to final bit after I'd keyed in my card number and I recived a sorry message to say site experiencing problems. Trouble is I don't know if I'm booked or not so I don't know whether to try again.

Can't afford to wait to see if transaction shows up on my credit card account - might miss the 120 day marker. Looks like I'll be ringing WDW tomorrow - so much for getting people to book on the net.

:crazy:
mine went on my card right away! I checked it on-line and I got a ressie number starting with an "R"

Can someone help me out?

When does WDW credit your cc? Say I had an exisiting reservation at AAA rate and paid one nights deposit on that back in March. Then when I rebooked under the new AP Program, I paid another night's deposit to confirm the ressie then cancelled the old one.

How long will the cancellation credit take before it hits my statement?

mom_rules said:
Can someone help me out?

When does WDW credit your cc? Say I had an exisiting reservation at AAA rate and paid one nights deposit on that back in March. Then when I rebooked under the new AP Program, I paid another night's deposit to confirm the ressie then cancelled the old one.

Wow, it took about a week to credit my card back when I cancelled. I would definitely call and look into that.

Denise

mom_rules said:
Can someone help me out?

I canceled one ressie on a thursday and had the money back on my card by tuesday

Great news! I was hoping that they'd at least hit the same month's statement. If the credit comes in the next couple of days I'm still okay.

Oh no
Tried site again today - now won't let me book because I'm outside the 120 day mark - must have been exactly 120 days yesterday! What chances do I have of Disney honoring this? So annoying.

can you book the following day and pay rack rate for the first day?

DCGrumpy

Rang Disney and they wouldn't honor the deal I got yesterday (because we are outside the 120 days now).

Yes the rate for the following day is showing available. If we paid rack rate for the first night, might we have to switch rooms though? An alternative may be to book value 1 night (we check in late anyway) and then move to CSR next day.

I have come across another problem though - Disney won't book over phone and when I am keying flight details it automatically assumes our flight is arriving on 22nd October - the first night of this booking, when we will be arrving the night before. Can anybody help?

I wondered whether to wait and see if the 'normal' AP rates come out end August as they did last year. The CM who I spoke to today seemed to think that this new Best Rate program was to replace them though. If we waited and nothing came out, then we would pay rack rate at a value resort instead.

Well actually you would only need to check the box that says you need ME for departure not arrival. Then when you book the rack rate room only check the box for arrival not departure. Technically you may have to change rooms, but if you check in and tell them you have two ressies it shouldn't be a problem. It's very rare for them to actually make you move, as long as they are both the same type of room.

We've done this type of thing a few times and they were always most accomodating. We did not have to switch rooms but did have to "check-out and check in"-just meant we had to switch room keys not actual rooms. Once at CBR they brought our new key to the room at a pre-arranged time and we just signed for them!

You won't have to change rooms, when your booking the same. This would actually be a lot more work for Disney as well. Mousekeeping, etc. You should be fine booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter