Has the music for Soarin' changed?

eastendlights

DIS Veteran
We will be experiencing the new version for the first time on Sunday. It is my favorite attraction in all of WDW/DLR and I want to know what to expect but I don't want to watch it ahead of time. We rode it in DCA about a week after it first opened on our first trip ever and it makes me all ridiculously emotional-just as bad as walking through the gates at MK for the first time every trip.:sad:

Make sure you sit center row bottom. All the other seats show distortions in the film, like a curving Eiffel Tower

More of a "theme and variations" on the first version.

You will experience much of the ambiance of the original Jerry Goldsmith score.

Without knowing, I'm going to guess that this version of the track was composed by Bruce Broughton.
Mr. Broughton is the composer of many themes at Epcot and has composed a multitude of my favorite major motion picture scores.

EDIT: I just did some web digging and found that, indeed, the track is by Bruce Broughton.
If you have an interest in great film, TV and park attraction music, search his name on www.imdv.com. and in the iTunes Store.

Last edited:
And please don't over-react to the distortion concept. It is a very small part of the total show and pretty much only involves the Eiffel Tower. It lasts about 3 seconds and the rest of the film is not anymore affected by distortion then the original one was. Not worth worrying about.

Make sure you sit center row bottom. All the other seats show distortions in the film, like a curving Eiffel Tower

Yes that's the best seat. we ride it 3 times our last trip this August, really loved it! The only time it seemed artificial was over the Taj'mahal which looked like a computer - generated image.

I believe its a new soundtrack, but it has bits and pieces of the old throughout.

Yes, it was like a blend, familiar sections of the old score blended with the new.

More of a "theme and variations" on the first version.

You will experience much of the ambiance of the original Jerry Goldsmith score.

Without knowing, I'm going to guess that this version of the track was composed by Bruce Broughton.
Mr. Broughton is the composer of many themes at Epcot and has composed a multitude of my favorite major motion picture scores.

EDIT: I just did some web digging and found that, indeed, the track is by Bruce Broughton.
If you have an interest in great film, TV and park attraction music, look up his name on www.imdv.com.

Wow great info! Also, had no idea it was a Jerry Goldsmith score, I love all his other scores, he's fantastic!

Also, had no idea it was a Jerry Goldsmith score, I love all his other scores, he's fantastic!

Yes, and as you may know, sadly, Mr. Goldsmith passed away a few years ago, so they had to commission another composer to reimagine the new Soarin' score, without losing the core textures.

Kinda.

Same basic melody and the classic Sorain'

Every country has there own variation when you get to that point in the ride.

China has more of a Oriental sound and so on for every country.

And please don't over-react to the distortion concept. It is a very small part of the total show and pretty much only involves the Eiffel Tower. It lasts about 3 seconds and the rest of the film is not anymore affected by distortion then the original one was. Not worth worrying about.
I first noticed it on an earlier scene, that included another well-known building with straight lines.
The problem will be mitigated by sitting near the center of any of the rows, not just the top row. Though the latter is the most popular.

I noticed it in several scenes when I was sitting on one of the sides. It was very noticeable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter