Has T-Rex gotten any better?

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
My son and I went to Disney in September of last year. One of his favorite restaurants is the T-Rex. He loves everything about it.

However, when we went last year the service and food was blah.

Firstly, I couldn't eat anything that was fried because of my shellfish allergy. Because apparently everything is cooked in oil that could be considered unsafe. Okay, that's not such a big deal.

What was a big deal was the fact that our server was very inattentive. It took him forever to bring drink refills. Then our food was delivered. My steak was cook fine, but my sons was way over cooked. So, he sent it back. They brought it back and it was still overcooked. So, once again, he sent it back and again it came back overcooked. My son was so hungry by this time that he just said he would eat it.

Okay, I have friends who work in dining and usually they will have a manager come out to see how the food is. No manager came out to apologize. Granted, we should have asked for a manager, but we were honestly tired and didn't want to wait.

So, my question is has anyone eaten there lately? Has the service and food gotten better? Should we even bother going there?

Please don't think I'm complaining. Because we honestly love T-Rex.... Just wondering how the service has been there lately...

I hated everything about T-Rex, and it started with an awful server who continued terrible service throughout the meal. The food was meh, but exactly what I expected at a chain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter