Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

Did you have any issues with the tent in the full hook up areas?

Not really, our tent is 18x12 but with the canopy that extends out over the tent doors that makes it 18x17. I set the tent up and then moved it around to find the best location. ( The full hook-up site is the 3rd and 4th pic ), you can see that it is pretty close to the sewer connection, if I was to turn the tent so the canopy was facing the front we would not have been able to secure ez-up. Not sure how Disney would feel about me drilling into the parking pad to secure it. The sand is a lot smaller than that of the 2000 loop, and a little smaller than that of the 1500. The electric hook-up is in the right corner behind the tent and the water is out of the picture on the right side in front of the sewer hook-up. There was also a electric hook-up at the front of the site for our Mickey lamp.

We love the full hook-up sites, no more carrying our dish water to the CS

Thanks so much for sharing your photos. Your set up looks great and tent so nice and homey. Love it!

Grey water is a problem with a pop-up camper as well. Ours, as most of them (or maybe all) requires an exterior grey water tank that we always have to empty several times per trip. With full hook-ups we could just connect straight to sewer.

Well, had to push our trip off just a little bit due to new project starting up at work. Will still be going to the Fort but now not checking in until Feb.27. Have to go to Destin this trip to see parents. Dad is having health issues and might need to be moved to a senior home. While in the panhandle we will make a trip over to Felix's Fish Camp for Anniversary dinner. We will be leaving my parents place at 12 AM on the 27 for a 6:05 arrival at the Fort.

Well, had to push our trip off just a little bit due to new project starting up at work. Will still be going to the Fort but now not checking in until Feb.27. Have to go to Destin this trip to see parents. Dad is having health issues and might need to be moved to a senior home. While in the panhandle we will make a trip over to Felix's Fish Camp for Anniversary dinner. We will be leaving my parents place at 12 AM on the 27 for a 6:05 arrival at the Fort.

Darn we have to wait a bit longer for your LTR? Well being at work has its privileges like paying for the vacation! Sorry to hear about your dad's health concerns though.

Sorry to hear about your dad Vince, but hope all goes well.

You sound like me and one of my all nighter trips to the Fort.

You sound like me and one of my all nighter trips to the Fort.

Thanks, I love driving at night and not having to deal with all the traffic. That is why when we leave VT for the Fort it is early evening after I get home from work. Miss all the traffic associated with NYC, Baltimore, and especially DC.

Raleigh NC, and Jacksonville traffic doesn't bother me.

We are now T-18 days and counting. DW has been busy with 'lil medic making sure she gets all her homeschooling done before the trip so she wont be bringing any with her.
And I have been busy at work and getting what camping supplies we brought home from our last trip located and organized. Early check-in has been done and we will have one ADR @ Rainforest in Disney Springs, also have a golf cart rented from Disney for 2 days.

The plan so far is leaving the 27 @ 4 am, weather depending and traveling I-87, to NJ 17 to I-80 east to I-95 south and stopping the first night around exit 104 Ruther Glen VA., that will leave us appox. 12 hrs. to the Fort, but will have to find a place for the night in the Orlando area. And then going over to the Fort for a 6:05 check-in while the girls are still asleep.

I need some pics!!!!

Here is a pic of our MB's, 'lil medic's is Frozen 'cause that's what she wanted so we bought that one for her. DW and I have the 25 Anniversary skin.

magic band copy.jpg

magic band copy 2.jpg

More to come as the days count down.

Very neat magic bands, and Congratulations on the 25 years.

18 days!? Ugh, I hate waiting.

So do I, seems like the closer it gets the slower it goes, then when on vacation, time just flies by.

Can't we at least get some previews or trailers of upcoming movies ???

Been working hard at work and have had little time to do anything related to our stay.

Today has us buying our Aquatica annual passes and making a payment on our ressie. Ez-pass and Sunpass are loaded, so no stopping for tolls. Tomorrow will have me out in the garage cleaning the inside of the car and getting cables ran for electronics and entertainment center in back seat for 'lil medic. Expecting 12 inches of snow tomorrow into Monday so getting the exterior clean will have to wait. This time, two weeks from now we should be on the other side of D.C. That's right, 13 more days of no daily updates, I promise I will make up for it starting the night before we leave.

Well. we will be leaving the cold and snow of NW Vt. in 5 days. The plan is to get out of work by noon ,:lmao: get home, cleaned up and take a little nap, :lmao: before getting on the road :car: by 4 pm. We will not be stopping for the night, :faint: and arriving down in Destin Fl. :beach: some time Thursday evening. We will be spending a couple days there with my parents and sister and then heading out to the Fort at 11:30 Sunday night for a nice early check-in. What time does Crocket's tavern open anyway? :drinking1 I think by then I will definitely be ready for a drink. Lots of prep to do this weekend, will keep you updated.

Is that a king sized air mattress? I'm looking for one and they seem to be hard to find - do you happen to know the brand?

Is that a king sized air mattress?

I wish it was, they are both queen size mattresses, doesn't look it because of the camera angles. It is a Intex 22" raised with built in pump. We have had that for a couple years now. We now have a 28" raised queen that we will be bringing down with us this year, it is also a Intex brand.

Well going to get off of here, we need to pick up pet supplies for while we are gone, some, as DW calls it "comfy" clothes from Gander Mnt. for driving in, or in her case riding in, and some food to get us through the next 4 1/2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter