Has anyone seen this...new rumors about FP+ possibly changing

I could see this. I don't think it's going to be a huge improvement though...If you have to use your 3, then you'll be picking through the scraps that are left after everyone else has already picked their three, whether 60 days ahead or not. But I guess it's better than nothing!

I agree! If Disney is going to do the right thing and increase the number of FP+ that we get, just let us have 4 (or more) up front and get on with it. Seems like they enjoy watching their guests jump through their hoops. :rolleyes: Just my view....

I could see this. I don't think it's going to be a huge improvement though...If you have to use your 3, then you'll be picking through the scraps that are left after everyone else has already picked their three, whether 60 days ahead or not. But I guess it's better than nothing!

Oh man...I didn't think about the "leftovers". ugh

I agree! If Disney is going to do the right thing and increase the number of FP+ that we get, just let us have 4 (or more) up front and get on with it. Seems like they enjoy watching their guests jump through their hoops. :rolleyes: Just my view....

Yes 4 would be great.

If you have to use all 3 before you can get more, it creates an interesting dilemma. Do you schedule them early so you can get more? Do you forget about the ones for night time activities like Wishes and Illuminations since that limits you to 3 for the day?

I think it would be useful at MK. I wouldn't expect to get a mountain, PP, or ETWB, but I would be glad to have the option rides my kids love, like Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Speedway, HM, PotC etc. There will be inventory left over, especially during low to moderate crowds. Of course, I would prefer a system that allowed a new FP+ each time one was used, rather than requiring all three to be used.

Either way, I don't really expect it to happen until after Disney implements some type of prebooking (or book your whole week) for offsite guests.

If you have to use all 3 before you can get more, it creates an interesting dilemma. Do you schedule them early so you can get more? Do you forget about the ones for night time activities like Wishes and Illuminations since that limits you to 3 for the day?

It certainly would be a way for them to get the morning time slots booked up, which I bet right now, a lot are going unused. Most people are going to schedule their FP+ for later in the day when it's busier and utilize RD to ride in the morning.

Especially if you can't schedule anymore until after you use the 1st three. It would also create a lot of pressure on the FP+ pool for off-siters. So, you would think they'd have to have their off-site solution in place first.

It certainly would be a way for them to get the morning time slots booked up, which I bet right now, a lot are going unused. Most people are going to schedule their FP+ for later in the day when it's busier and utilize RD to ride in the morning.

If they'll let me start over with a new park I'll see some utility in it.

Good point.

People would be trying to prebook early, interweave rope drop rides in as well, and then hope for more in the afternoon and evening.

They've created a mess, now it's time to clean it up. We already pay for attractions, that we never experience. Just give us the option to pay for "extra" FP. The ones, that used to be "free". Forget this single pay, one size fits all. I want a la cart and I doubt, that I'm the only one.

No more manipulations or goofing off; Disney needs to move on and end this game.

I asked for Four. When we got back fro our trip in December, I sent email and followed up with Customer Care. I told them 4 would be a better option. The CM said they had heard that a lot. The "leftover" could be an issue, but what if your quirky and want a FP+ for something not super popular (ie Dumbo).

My MK FP plan
Space Mountain (my son's pick)
BOG (lunch)
Little Mermaid or Dwarves Mine Train (when it open)

I would be willing to snag a late or inconvenient time for Astro Orbiter or Barnstormer.....

I would prefer to see a situation where you can only have three at one time, so you can get another one if you use one. That would allow for a person to have later-in-the-day FP+ scheduled and still be able to get more than 3.

I wonder if there is enough capacity to allow everyone to get 4 if they choose to provided people can also choose to get 1 or 2 instead of 3. Maybe allowing people to select only the FP they actually want could open up the system more.

That also brings up the issue of people not being scheduled "enough" to tie them down to Disney though. It seems that every time possible changes to FP+ are discussed it always ends up in the same place, they need more ride capacity.

I asked for Four. When we got back fro our trip in December, I sent email and followed up with Customer Care. I told them 4 would be a better option. The CM said they had heard that a lot. The "leftover" could be an issue, but what if your quirky and want a FP+ for something not super popular (ie Dumbo).

My MK FP plan
Space Mountain (my son's pick)
BOG (lunch)
Little Mermaid or Dwarves Mine Train (when it open)

I would be willing to snag a late or inconvenient time for Astro Orbiter or Barnstormer.....

You do realize that BOG FP is a separate FP and is not counted in your 3 FP+.

I feel if they aren't willing to provide more ahead of time how about removing the tiering system at HS and Epcot. This would make me happy. I got lucky last year as they changed to tiering about 4 weeks after I booked ours for our Nov trip. This year our plan will have to change.

(copied from another post)

Some time ago I suggested that guests who booked thier Fastpasses in advance should be permitted to obtain more Fastpasses six hours after entering that park.

Refinements:

1. Suggest that if fewer than 3 FPs were booked prior to entrance, the remaining allotment up to 3 may be booked immediately as same day FP.

2. Suggest that then, after the first prebooked FP matures, a 4'th (or additional) FP may be booked 4 hours from that point or 6 hours after entering the park whichever comes first. After the second prebooked FP matures, an additional FP may be booked 2 hours from that point or 6 hours after entering the park whichever comes first.

3. Suggest that after all 3 pre-reserved FPs have matured, additional same day FPs may be booked one at a time using the old rules of having that FP mature or wait 2 hours whichever comes first.

I was only able to book 3 a day for my April trip. They also had them grouped and I was only allowed 1 from a major group and 2 from the smaller groups. So far I am not a fan of the new system

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter