Has anyone received their Passporters yet?

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
I preordered mine a while ago and I keep checking the passporter website for updates. I was just wondering if anyone received their copy yet. I'm trying to be patient but this wait is killing me!!!

They should start shipping next week! I'm impatiently waiting for mine, too. When I start writing things in it I really start to feel like I am going!

I e-mailed the store last week and the reply I got was that the books hadn't arrived yet. They were hoping to begin shipping out middle of this week. But I am sure it's all dependent on when the shipment actually gets to their warehouse.

Just talked to them yesterday and they said they plan to start shipping hopefully by Wednesday but at least by Friday. I can't wait!

I wish they would update the site. GEEESH!!! I know there were delays beyond there control, but the books could have gotten to them via covered wagon, by now.

Gotta love that book though. I've got so many things written here and there, confirmations, PS numbers, flight info, etc. etc. I will feel so much better once it is in one place.

Thanks for the news! I'm going in 2.5 weeks and I really wanted it for our trip. Right now I have all these slips of paper with chicken scratch on them that I need to consolidate!
:banana:

A bump up for everyone STILL waiting...
This is from the Passporter website:

Shipment Update -- After long a delay due to shipping issues and landslides in California, the new 2005 editions of Walt Disney World are almost here. The 40-foot container full of books has arrived in Detroit and now only have to be trucked to our warehouse. We are expecting them to arrive this week. If all goes well we'll finally start shipping books to folks early next week (Feb. 14-18). For those who have yet to pre-order, we encourage you to go ahead and place your pre-order -- we're still the fastest way to get a copy of PassPorter 2005. Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Okay, my patience is really being tested. I do love the Passporter but I'm getting tired of it getting pushed back further and further. I know some of it is out of their control but I could have driven to California and back by now. I'm also afraid it's going to be terribly out of date and they'll have a new edition out before I receive the edition I pre-ordered. I thought of canceling but I'll give it another week or two. I will, however, reconsider ordering from them again in the future. I just wish if they knew it was going to take this long to just tell us from the start and not keep saying "next week!" Thanks for letting me vent. No flames please, JMHO.

Signed,
Frustrated over-planner!

Luckymommyx2 - I am SO with you! I pre-ordered so I would get mine first! And here we are, 3 weeks after we were supposed to get them and no word whatsoever! It is very frustrating.

I hope that the Passporter folks reconsider their methods of shipping their books from overseas to the US and then to MI. I know everyone wants to work on a budget, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the customers who paid in full months ago expecting prompt delivery.

I do wish they would give us some update instead of the one you quoted, which unfortunately is at least 2 weeks old.

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching for the UPS man!! :blush: I emailed them about a week ago, but never got a response. I keep looking at the site, hoping for some updated information. Frustrating to say the least!! :rolleyes:

I, too, am very frustrated!!! I love my Passporter and I don't feel like I am truly planning my trip until the info is recorded in it!

I just wish they would send all those who pre-ordered an e-mail with updated info or at the very least, update the site!!!

When I order things from B&N or Amazon I get constant updates on the stautus. I can't imagine it would be much harder for Passporter to do the same!

Oh well, I'll just keep waiting for the man in brown to show up on my doorstep!!

My DH ordered one for me last October. It was supposed to be a Christmas present! It still hasn't arrived. DH is annoyed to say the least.

always quiet said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one watching for the UPS man!! :blush: I emailed them about a week ago, but never got a response. I keep looking at the site, hoping for some updated information. Frustrating to say the least!! :rolleyes:

I agree- I have also E-mailed them with no response. I'm getting quite sick of the 2 week old updates on thier website.

It doesn't seem like they are in a real rush to get them out, to us. If they were in Detriot last week as they said, Why is there no update that they have recieved them. :confused3

They have had many people's $$$, for quite a while now. I think it is bad business to charge people for a product they cannot deliver. Very few businesses do this. I order a lot on-line, and normal procedure, with most, is to charge, upon shipping.

It's funny that I happened to be shopping on Overstock.com and found that you can already order 2005 Passporters there!! I'm starting to think a discount is in order to those of us who have preordered.

ITA Mady/Sophiemom...they've had a lot of people's money for some time now and it's not good business practice.

ncbyrne...you have more patience than I do! I would have requested a refund by now...that's crazy! I thought I was waiting long!!!

I'll probably give it until the end of the month. Either way it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like I'm paying money for something that was supposed to be out approximatedly two months ago and that's supposed to have the most up to date information. Don't get me wrong, I love the Passporter but this experience has been a let down.

Howdy everyone,

Here is the response i got today;

Hello Frank!

The 2005's are a pre-order! Due to all the shipping delays that have
been completely out of our hands, we do not have them yet. As of 8
o'clock this morning (Monday, Feb. 14th) we have been told they are
to be delivered to our warehouse! Unfortunately due to all the
previous delay's I am unable to say that will happen! We greatly
regret this and wish that we could have had them in months ago as
they were supposed to have been, unfortunately things do not always
happen as we want!

Below I am posting a link to our 2005 order page! This page will give
you the most recent status of the 2005 currently the page reads "
Availability: Pre-order now and we will ship this to you in
mid-to-late February 2005."

http://www.passporterstore.com/store/158771020x.aspx

We completely understand how much of an inconvenience this has been
for everyone and what a frustrating ordeal this has been! If you wish
to cancel your order, you may do so at anytime and you will receive a
full refund for your charges!

Again we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to get
them out soon!

Thank You!

Nikki Larner
PassPorter Travel Press

Still holding my breath,
Frank :wizard:

We can feel your frustration (can you feel ours?) and we are so very, very sorry for these delays on PassPorter. Here's our latest news on the book shipment update. [Webmasters, if this post is inappropriate, please feel free to edit/delete it -- we just thought folks here should get an update.]

Book Delivery Update (2/14/2005) - Due to shipping delays, the new editions of PassPorter Walt Disney World 2005 are still not in our warehouse. We are hopeful that they will arrive within the next few days, perhaps even tomorrow (Tuesday, 2/15/05).

Wondering about all these delays? It's a pretty incredible story -- one that we hope will be behind us very shortly (though it may be a few years before we can laugh about it).

It started in early December, in Hong Kong. Our books were printed and ready to ship, right on schedule. Our printer, after a change of personnel, made the mistake of holding the shipment of the books until they could confirm a detail with us. Normally this would not have been a big issue, except the printer chose only to contact us via e-mail, and the message didn't reach us for several days. Once we got that straightened out, we learned that this delay of a few days would result in a further delay of a week and a half because the printer had missed a shipment window. Finally, the books were on the boat, and they reached California without incident.

As luck would have it, our timing couldn't be worse. California was hit by torrential rains in early January, causing major landslides which in turn caused a massive disruption of rail service in Southern California ( http://www.ble-t.org/pr/news/headline.asp?id=12414 ). And our books, which fill an entire 40-foot container, travel by rail from Los Angeles to
Detroit. At this point we inquired into having the container trucked to us, but we learned that it would take just as long (if not longer) than if we waited for the railroad delays to clear up.

Eventually the trains started getting through and our container was among them. We tracked its progress through the U.S., which while slow was still moving forward. The books arrived in Detroit on Feb. 4. At last! Now the container only had to be trucked from the rail yard in Detroit to our warehouse in Ypsilanti, just 30 miles away. This wouldn't take long, right? All the shipping company had to do was assign the delivery to a local trucking company.

Well, days passed and despite many phone calls, no action. In the past, this delivery had taken a day at most. We had no explanation for the delay, and we could not retrieve an entire container load of books ourselves. Finally, on Thursday February 10 the shipping company assigned the delivery to a local trucker. At last! But a Friday delivery was too much to hope for. Delivery was scheduled for today (Monday).

Nope, not to be. Here's the icing on the cake: Today (Feb. 14) the drivers went out on a work stoppage because the rail yard is releasing shipments too slowly (no surprise to us!), resulting in too much unpaid downtime for the drivers. Well, we and the truck drivers may both be plagued by the same problem, but the added delay sure doesn't solve *our* problem. These work stoppages, which have happened before ( http://www.detnews.com/2004/business/0407/28/b01-225031.htm ), have lasted from a couple of hours to a few days. A few days?! We just spoke to the trucking company again, and they're optimistic that the stoppage will be cleared up this evening or tomorrow morning. We'll know more tomorrow.

As you can imagine, this has been beyond frustrating for us, and we feel horrible that we're not able to deliver books to our readers. If there were something we could do to get those books out faster, we would do it.

Some folks have suggested that we should start printing our books domestically to avoid shipment delays like this. Unfortunately, a book with PassPorter's many unusual features requires a lot of labor. Domestic printers would have to charge us more than DOUBLE the price (even factoring-in the cost of shipping from halfway round the world). That would
make PassPorter far too expensive to be successful in the market, and it's already one of the most expensive travel books out there.

Usually, our international shipments arrive without delay, and when delays do occur, it's typically just one week -- not five. We just don't have control over things like personnel mistakes, natural disasters and work stoppages, but we will be doing everything we can to streamline those things we do have control over so we don't have a repeat of this year's chain of aggravations.

So, if all goes well we'll finally start shipping books to folks later this week (Feb. 16-18). For those wondering if other bookstores already have them or can get them to you faster, they don't and they can't. Before they can arrive in book stores they have to go from our warehouse to the book wholesalers, a process that typically takes two or three weeks.

If these delays mean you'll receive your book perilously close to your vacation date, please contact us by e-mail at orders@passporter.com, or toll-free at 877-929-3273. We'll make sure your needs are addressed.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Jennifer and Dave,
Thanks for the update. :sunny: It seems like everything that could of gone wrong for you did! (I bet you guys are starting to feel like Eeyore!! :rolleyes1 ). I really look forward to getting the new edition (and heck.........I actually had to buy this one as one of my "magical memories" was published in it! :wave2: ) Are you going to email everyone who preordered and let us know when the books are finally leaving your warehouse?

Again, thanks for the update!! :lovestruc

PS Your son is adorable in that little life jacket. :love:

Thanks for the update, Jennifer & Dave and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this shipment!!! :badpc: As a business owner I understand your frustration - hopefully this will all be behind you soon. :cheer2:

I e-mailed them last week, and got a response that they should have them by Wed. - Friday the week of 2/6. But now it sounds like this week... My only real issue is the fact that they charged my card, without a date as to shipment. Most places charge your card once shipped. The upside is, we aren't going until early September, so plenty of time to receive and plan. :cool1:

I can understand the delays and it does seem necessary to print them overseas to keep the costs down cause it is a funky book (with the pockets and all) and that's why folks love it so much. Perhaps if customers weren't charged until the book was sent it would keep frustration down?

I know I've wanted to order one but have held off waiting to see when they would arrive and what kind of updates are planned since it doesnt' include the new MYW options and packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter