Has anyone purchased Disney gift cards through a website called giftcardeal{dot}com

Jess Lopez

Earning My Ears
I had a look on giftcarddeal.com it's say's save 20 percent on Disney gift cards but when I looked it said out of stock does anyone know when they come back in stock?

Last edited:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/gift-card-deal-website-for-disney-gift-cards.3870723/

It was good while it lasted...the scam ended last summer. But in the year before it went bad I saved at least $1000. I was one of the lucky ones that successfully filed a claim with my credit card and did not lose any money when their business collapsed.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention if it's a scam luckily them the giftcards were out of stock because I was going to purchase it thank god I didn't because it's a lot of money to pay and if it turns out to be a scam all the sake of getting a discount on Disney gift cards.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention if it's a scam luckily them the giftcards were out of stock because I was going to purchase it thank god I didn't because it's a lot of money to pay and if it turns out to be a scam all the sake of getting a discount on Disney gift cards.
I was one of the people who was scammed but did not lose money. Stay far, far away from them!

If something seems too good to be true it is usually some sort of scam. GC are really another form of cash, so why would Disney (or any other legit mechant) give you a 20% discount on your money? Most merchants have exclusions on how their discounts for GC work since someone ends up eating the x% you are saving when buying those cards.

Last edited:
I would steer clear of any of the gift card resale sites these days as most are stolen. If it is something you will use the minute you get the card and I do mean minute..... then maybe take a chance but understand a lot are stolen especially Home Depot. Target, Lowes, Disney, Apple and like. All is easily searchable on the scams although it does not come back to most buyers someone is being hurt on the other end.

If something seems to good to be true it is usually some sort of scam. GC are really another form of cash, so why would Disney (or any other legit mechant) give you a 20% discount on your money? Most merchants have exclusions on how their discounts for GC work since someone ends up eating the x% you are saving when buying those cards.
Thank you for the advice

I would steer clear of any of the gift card resale sites these days as most are stolen. If it is something you will use the minute you get the card and I do mean minute..... then maybe take a chance but understand a lot are stolen especially Home Depot. Target, Lowes, Disney, Apple and like. All is easily searchable on the scams although it does not come back to most buyers someone is being hurt on the other end.
Thank you instead of looking for discounted gift cards I might just buy one in a grocery store or on shopdisney.com just to be on the safe side.

Thank you instead of looking for discounted gift cards I might just buy one in a grocery store or on shopdisney.com just to be on the safe side.
You can safely buy from major retailers like Target too (and if you pay at Target with a RedCard you get 5% off 😉). I won’t touch re-sold gc’s.

The caution is when you buy a physical Disney gift card (and honestly this goes for any physical gift card) check the back and see if it looks like it was tampered with (sticky around the area covering the pin meaning someone took it off and replaced it). Also stay away from the Frozen version Disney gift cards in stores, those had a hacking problem for some time, it was so weird because it was just those.

In addition to Target some warehouse stores sell them at a discount all the time, like Sam's Club is normally about 4% off face value. The benefit here is that you also get whatever rewards the credit card you use to purchase them with offers. As an example this quarter Discover has warehouse stores as a bonus category (must be activated before purchase) for 5% back so you end up saving about 9% total. Also, look on your credit card offers page as many will have targeted offers for specific retailers that sell gift cards. Office Depot, Lowes, Home Depot, etc are all stores I have got occasional offers for 10% back (typically with a max limit) on a credit card that I have used for a discount on Disney gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter