• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone heard rumors of changes to DDP 2009

Also, just to add!!! I am still hoping for $50 DDP 2009 that will include Appie and Tip!!! Couldn't hurt to hope!!!:goodvibes

We have never used the DDP but with the family gathering being planned for 2009 I think that the deluxe DDP would be in order. We will have small ones with us and eating buffet character meals and other special meals will use most of them at the reduced price, compared to out-of-pocket.

I guess, the thing I worry the most that will happen, will be the offering of 2 dining plans-

1) Basic Low cost 2 counters and a snack a day

and

2) Deluxe plan, higher cost, 3 meals, 2 snacks and the mug

We are thinking of using the Deluxe plan but we dont want to be forced into it, and this way if your kids want to do character meals, and you want to sit down for meals you will be forced to purchase the more expensive plan!:scared1:

I guess we will just have to see what happens?:surfweb:

Dana

Yeah, that wouldn't be good! If that happened, that would probably be the only way we Wouldn't get a dining plan. A CS-only plan would only work for us for a very short trip, I want to sit down relax, be served some meals on our week-long trip. And Deluxe - it's so expensive, but the bigger problem is I don't think we'd get any value. There's no way we'd do 2-3 sit-down meals per day and the restaurants we want are not the Signature ones (other than CRT). Yeah, I really hope this doesn't happen!!

Ok, probably a dumb question but, we used the ddp in 07, we had app and tip included. Looking to plan for 09 now. On the current Deluxe plan is tip inculded? also do they all have to be table service meals or can you do counter as well? I get the 3 meals per person per day part but can you use them however over the trip? Thanks for any help.

Ok, probably a dumb question but, we used the ddp in 07, we had app and tip included. Looking to plan for 09 now. On the current Deluxe plan is tip inculded? also do they all have to be table service meals or can you do counter as well? I get the 3 meals per person per day part but can you use them however over the trip? Thanks for any help.

The tip is currently not included in either plan. It's possible this may change for 2009, but no official information for 2009 has yet been released.

Deluxe DDP credits in 2008 can be used for either table or counter service, guest's choice. You get 3 credits per night of your stay which can be used in any combination until midnight of your checkout day.

In 2007 on the DDP I found that it wasn't enough food to make it through a long day of walking, riding and swimming. I was 35 and my brother of 32 and niece 8 as well.

However my parents 63, 61 found that it was plenty if planned out. I'm guessing most older people agree that they need less food andin smaller portions if they get less active. The Dddp would be way too much food for them and they wouldn't wan't to spend that much time at sit downs.

For younger adults I wish there was a plan for

1 sit down, 2 counter for $50 including tip, app. (limited menu)

and allow each person to order what type of plan individually. Not by room or reservation. Young children have different needs than older children and teens. Young adults eat differently than seniors. I'm sure it can be done with today's technology.

I, as well, will be waiting for the new plans but there will have to be something radicaly different than what was offered this year for me to use it.

The tip is currently not included in either plan. It's possible this may change for 2009, but no official information for 2009 has yet been released.

Deluxe DDP credits in 2008 can be used for either table or counter service, guest's choice. You get 3 credits per night of your stay which can be used in any combination until midnight of your checkout day.

Thank you:goodvibes

In 2007 on the DDP I found that it wasn't enough food to make it through a long day of walking, riding and swimming. I was 35 and my brother of 32 and niece 8 as well.

However my parents 63, 61 found that it was plenty if planned out. I'm guessing most older people agree that they need less food andin smaller portions if they get less active. The Dddp would be way too much food for them and they wouldn't wan't to spend that much time at sit downs.

and allow each person to order what type of plan individually. Not by room or reservation. Young children have different needs than older children and teens. Young adults eat differently than seniors. I'm sure it can be done with today's technology.

I, as well, will be waiting for the new plans but there will have to be something radicaly different than what was offered this year for me to use it.

I don't think that they allow for different plans under one room because they sort of plan for family and figure that everyone will eat together.

Such a plan would be an absolute nightmare to administer! And, in addition, it would have no relation to their marketing models, so they'd have to throw everything out and start over. The most likely outcome of that would be a MAJOR price increase.

And don't forget -- today's technology is definitely NOT Disney's technology. They are decades benind the curve in many areas, and current in none. Considering the kind of company they are, it's amazing how inept they are technologically.

If you don't believe me, just try to find something on one of their web pages! They're SO bad, they've created an entire industry providing info about Disney -- part of which is the DIS.

I've seen quite a few people mention that they would like the choice of appetizer or dessert. I think the only way this occurs is if everyone at the table makes the same choice. Perhaps this could be done as DDPwithApp or DDPwithDessert.

The elimination of appetizer was likely just as much about money as it was about the ability to turn tables over faster. One less course = less time for the average table.

I've seen quite a few people mention that they would like the choice of appetizer or dessert. I think the only way this occurs is if everyone at the table makes the same choice. Perhaps this could be done as DDPwithApp or DDPwithDessert.

The elimination of appetizer was likely just as much about money as it was about the ability to turn tables over faster. One less course = less time for the average table.

I liked that idea too, until it was pointed out to me "what would happen with a mixed party?" Two groups from two different rooms go to dinner one night - one has DDPwithApp and one has DDPwithDessert.

I also wouldn't want to travel with a large group (heck, maybe even a small group) and have to get them all to agree beforehand whether they wanted appetizers with every meal or desserts with every meal.

I also wouldn't want to travel with a large group (heck, maybe even a small group) and have to get them all to agree beforehand whether they wanted appetizers with every meal or desserts with every meal.

No kidding! It's bad enough deciding where you're going to eat 180 days out, not to mention WHAT you're eating. :rotfl2:

I highly doubt we will ever see a regular DDP option with both the appy AND dessert again. As stated above (and by other posters) we are talking about $ AND time, and time=$. Appys take longer to prepare than desserts (in general) and possibly longer to eat as well. Most families will take the regular DDP option because it is affordable and offers a good value, plus Disney is able to get 'em in and out fast.

Hasn't anyone noticed it is easier to get ADRs? It's not just due to the downtown in the economy. No apps means faster table turnover and more ADRs available. And that means a lot more $ for Disney.

I have to say they are fairly brilliant.

Also, you miscalculated the tip. Even if we accept the $40 entree (which doesn't exist), the total meal is $55. 18% of $55 is $9.90, not $14.

Maybe you tip 18%, I generally tip 20%. That is what I was looking at...of course, it is all speculation and means nothing until Disney says it is what it is.

$14 would be about a 27% tip. A VERY nice tip, but I'd be surprised to see Disney include a tip of that amount.

Like you said, we're all waiting for Disney's final word on all of this.

Ok- I have never dreaded a Disney trip as much as I am my Jan 2009 one....
My flight might be cancelled because of oil prices, The DDp is changing. ADR might go to 90 days and I have yet to book a room even because I would like to know the rates first....My gosh my head is spinning and my neck hurts! Give me a break and throw me a bone! :):surfweb:

My flight might be cancelled because of oil prices, The DDp is changing. ADR might go to 90 days and I have yet to book a room even because I would like to know the rates first....My gosh my head is spinning and my neck hurts! Give me a break and throw me a bone! :):surfweb:

You have entered the perfect storm..:scared:

I'll be making my ADRs in Feb so I hhope everything will have settled down nicely by then.

When in Jan are you going? They've now said that the date to work around is Jan 25th. ADRs up to Jan 25th will continue to be at 180 days, but, for now, they won't be making ADRs past that date. (However, they do continue to say that some popular choices, such as CM, CRT, etc., may continue to be 180 days.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter