Has anyone ever made a Quilt based on the theme parks or WDW?

dchronister

DIS Veteran
I have been collecting Mickey, Minnie, Donald and who ever else, fabric to start a quilt. Has anyone else made a Disney quilt? Has anyone ever found any actual WDW fabric or any fabric related to Disney other than the characters? This may be the wrong category to post this under, but didn't know where else to ask this question. Oh, and if anyone has any pics of their creation, that would be great, always love to see any Disney projects. Thanks

Now thats a post after my mom's heart. What a great idea for her too! If I see any fabric next week I'll let you know. We are required to look for fabric for her anytime we travel. :laughing:
She was really disappointed a couple of years ago when we went to Timbles and Threads at the boardwalk.:rotfl2:

Head on over to the creativity forums and you will find tons of info! I have seen people getting the characters to sign squares of fabric and making them into a quilt later on. I would love to do this!

AW, good info, and I never thought about using my character signatures for this, ur a genius. Thanks

My DD's quilt isn't Disney fabric, but I quilted a Disney princess icon in each row of the quilt. I hand quilted Cinderella's glass slipper, Genie's lamp for Jasmine, an apple for Snow White and the Beast's rose for Belle. In the center row I quilted the word WISH.

Head on over to the creativity forums and you will find tons of info! I have seen people getting the characters to sign squares of fabric and making them into a quilt later on. I would love to do this!

My Grandson just did this. His Aunt is making them into a quilt. They are using Disney fabric to frame the squares and the quilt. The DD learned how to over on the creativity forum.

I work at JoAnn fabrics and have often thought of doing this.

I think what I would do is divide the quilt into sections. If you wantd to do 4 Parks, then 4 sections. If you wanted to do just the Magic Kingdom, then 6 sections.

I would choose pieces of character fabric for each section. Here's how I might do it: Pooh and Friends for Adventureland, Buzz Lightyear for Tomorrowland, Princesses for Fantasyland, Patriotic Mickey (shop in the 4th of July section) for Liberty Square, Woody and Jessie for Frontierland, and Classic Mickey and Friends for Main Street USA. Then I would surround the character bocks with blocks that weren't character for each land - jungle-themed for Adventure land, space-themed for Tomorrowland, patriotic for Liberty Square, etc. Finally I would window-frame border each Land-themed section in black and attach them all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter