Has anyone ever called the phone booth in Epcot?

My DD did on our last trip. We sat on the bench close by and she called and asked the people that answered how was the weather in England and if they saw the queen. The people were really freaked out. ;)

I spent an entire evening calling a few months ago. Mostly people were nice but there were a few who were not so nice. :sad2:

on our last trip, someone from "Japan" called and talked to DS. i'm assuming he was in the Japan pavillion. anyway, DS got a kick out of it. i also called and talked to my kids, but i was standing right there.

My DD10 and I call them all the time for a little entertainment. She has had numerous conversations with strangers at WDW. (with my supervision, in the event of someone saying something not G rated)

I sit on the bench outside Rose and Crown and call when I see people near the booths. When one picks up, I put on a high, squeaky british accent and tell them I'm Queen Elizabeth...

I do the same as you but I ask to talk to the Queen,last time I called I had a conversation with the "Queen" and we talked for about 5 minutes about everything from if the "Queen" ever visited Disney to what the "Queen" thought about Harry's behavior in Vegas.

We love to call the phone booths and watch the reactions. DH called once and asked to speak to Aunt Beru and then when told that he had the wrong number he asked for Uncle Owen (Star Wars references for those that don't know). Most of the time the people just look at the ringing phone or pick it up and then immediately hang up.

My mom called one time and someone who barley spoke english answered. She asked how the fish and chips were and he told her she had the wrong number.

My DD10 was sitting next to me when I called and she couldnt believe it! I might let her call next time! Good idea to program in your phone for a day your bored. I also will be calling next time we visit and answer if Im passing by, who knows maybe I will hear from one of you!

We spent a long time calling the booths during our last visit. One of the members of our family has a very good Goofy voice and he called and spoke with the children who were at the booths. They were extremely excited! They truly thought that it was Goofy! It is one of our most magical memories!

Yes!!! It was so much fun! Sometimes we'll call just to have a good time. The best is pretending to be a character or princess. Spreading the magic!!!

When I was there in December, I dialed one and had my fiancé answer. I wouldn't know what to say if someone else answered as pretending to be someone is not my thing. But calling the phone was on my list of activities to do on my vacation. I just had fun dialing it and getting it to ring. I was lucky to also answer the phone when someone did a great job calling as Cinderella. That was a lot of fun.

If the phones aren't answered they go to a tone like a fax machine (it's really a computer modem). This is common with pay phones.

thanks did not know about picking up right away we will try again later.

Thanks for sharing. :) This is so cool! I did not know you could do this. I just told DH that I am going to make some calls. I am also going to share this info with my DD and DS. They would love to share some Disney magic!

That explains why some people say it doesnt work for them and think its a fax

We were having a girls' weekend DISmeet and called - kind of like a "slumber party" moment, only it was mid afternoon. We tried Morocco and did't get an answer, if I remember right - but someone did answer in England, and we asked him if there was any tea in the tea shop right there. He answered all serious that there were lots of kinds of tea there - I think he said he was from our own state, Oregon :rotfl2:

Wow...I didn't realize the red booths were even real phones. I will have to figure a way to play a prank on a family,member during our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter