Has anyone done their total wedding trip in $8000 or less?

Cruncy Tortillas

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, I am still think about the memories package. My guy and I like the idea but we want to keep it as cheap as possible. Has anyone done their entire wedding trip in under $8000? I mean wedding package, plane tickets, food/souvenir costs, bridal gown, EVERYTHING! If so, would anyone be willing to do some sort of break down?

How many days were you there? Where did you stay? What month? How did you keep costs so low? Any advice would help!

Congratulations on you and your man!

You’re looking at a $3,000 minimum for the ceremony with a minimum 2 night stay at a Disney resort at $140 a night if you forgo a moderate and go budget. Add roughly $200 a day for park entrance tickets for the two of you. Eating at a sit down restaurant which will cost another $100 a day. Plane fare will depend on distance and time of year. Technically you could include everything for $8,000, but the emotional appeal for add-ons will raise the price. Can you get married locally and then go all out for the honeymoon?

Congratulations on you and your man!

You’re looking at a $3,000 minimum for the ceremony with a minimum 2 night stay at a Disney resort at $140 a night if you forgo a moderate and go budget. Add roughly $200 a day for park entrance tickets for the two of you. Eating at a sit down restaurant which will cost another $100 a day. Plane fare will depend on distance and time of year. Technically you could include everything for $8,000, but the emotional appeal for add-ons will raise the price. Can you get married locally and then go all out for the honeymoon?

If we go this route, we will probably go in January to avoid crowds and to try to get the best prices on everything. Yes it would be nice to stay in a moderate resort but I am not above staying in budget resort the whole time we are there (I've actually never stayed in a budget resort before! The decor seems more fun though! lol). I think our roundtrip plane tickets will be about $600.

Also I thought about not going to parks some day we are there. I've never been to the boardwalk area. I haven't been to downtown disney since it turned into Disney Springs, and I've only been there for maybe half a day and barely did anything. Another thing, I've always just stayed at the same resort (not my choice), so other than one single resort, I have never ever explored any other resort. So I thought it would be fun for one day to even just go around exploring the different resorts (i don't know if my guy would think thats fun though lol). So those are some ideas to have some cheap days for me that I would enjoy.

I have thought about that but its very important for us to actually have a "proper" wedding and to be honest, this package is cheaper than getting married here other than just going to the courthouse.

I think it's possible. I *love* resort exploring. Watching Wishes from the GF, Contemporary or Poly is one of my favorites. I think what you want is possible. Is airfare $600 each or $600 total though? Which resort did you always stay at?

I think it's possible. I *love* resort exploring. Watching Wishes from the GF, Contemporary or Poly is one of my favorites. I think what you want is possible. Is airfare $600 each or $600 total though? Which resort did you always stay at?

The airfare is total. I've always stayed at Riverside!
I have been thinking about trying to maybe do a cheaper package off Disney property....like with "Stay Happy, Stay In Love," but their website is atrocious and the information is really vague. Like some of the venues don't have proper sites or pictures even? Hmmm......

Are you looking for offsite wedding packages? I would check out JustMarry, which offers Wrddings at the swan and dolphin as well as multiple Orlando area locations, Sensational Ceremonies which again offers multiple locations, and Destination Occasions. You have quite a few gorgeous but cheaper venues if you don't feel tied to have a DFTW. Ric lounge at Coronado Springs, and so with paddlefish when is reopens at Disney Springs. Some other well reviewed options include Paradise Cove, Cypress Grove, and Kraft Azelea Park.

To be honest, the more I look at the prices of things, maybe it *would* be worth it to just go to the courthouse and then celebrate in Disney Springs or something. I've checked out all you guys have suggested and it's either more expensive or in the same general price range as Memories anyways. I just want my wedding day to be filled with Disney magic and fun. I want flowers and a dress, and my guy in a suit. And for us to have lots of photos from our trip, even if it's not professional! And for it to not cost too much. Those are my only requirements. I guess that can all be achieved even if we just go to the courthouse, although I really wanted to avoid that.

I might look into doing the naughty thing and seeing if we can get married incognito in our room very quickly (that way maybe we could upgrade out room to save on costs) and just order a little wedding-cake-like dessert for our room. I don't want to get in trouble though and I don't know if we could find an officiant who would do that for us!

@TheRustyScupper claims to be an officiant (I believe) who has performed many in room weddings. It might be worthwhile to reach out if that is what you decide to do.

Thank you for that info, I will keep that in mind!!!

Another thing I was wondering....I know some restaurants in Disney Springs have little wedding packages (as described above) but some do not. Would it be at all worthwhile to contact one of them to see if we would be allowed to do one in such a restaurant? Do you think it would be allowed at all or they would be willing to do it? Maybe it would not be a steep price if we reserved a room and did a marry+dine thing. :p

I would say only the ones that are done by Sensational or Just Marry probably are the only ones that do it, you may be able to contact each restaurant directly and bypass the planners. If the place is owned by Disney then they would say no.

I would say only the ones that are done by Sensational or Just Marry probably are the only ones that do it, you may be able to contact each restaurant directly and bypass the planners. If the place is owned by Disney then they would say no.

I do not think they are owned by Disney. They do have private rooms so I wouldn't want flowers or anything, maybe not even professional photography. Just us (maybe our immediate family if they are able to come) and an officiate, get our vows done in the room, snap some pics with our phones, have a nice private lunch/dinner, and then have a "wedding cake". Then we could spend the rest of the day downtown or at the Boardwalk. I'm hoping they would be able to do that. I may contact them in the future.

We are doing something similar but off site. Getting married in Aug '18 in San Diego beach side then going to DL California for a few days, then to Hong Kong DL, Shanghai DL and Tokyo DL over 3 weeks and staying on site. Independently booking everything is going to run $6k minus the wedding package since everyone's taste is so different. Ours was $2780 full package for La Jolla Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter