Has anybody renewed Sirius recently?

kellia

DIS Veteran
My promotion for Sirius radio was about to end, so called to try and get another promotion price. I've gotten several things in the mail for 6 months for $30. But, they wouldn't do it and I ended up cancelling.

Has anyone had better luck than I did? We've done it in the past with no problem.

I have to do this every 5-6 months. I just did it in November. I call & tell them I won't pay more than $5/month because my use doesn't justify more than that. I have been doing this for about 7 years and they have always given me the promo. I would give it a month or 2 and they will probably contact you with a promo to get you to come back.

My 6 months for $30 ends soon. I'm going see if they will work with me. Looks like I may not have much luck. I agree with a pp for me it's not worth more than that.

I renewed a few months ago. I always do the 5 months for $25. If they don't renew at that rate I'll cancel.

Just got 6 months for $28.46. That was price with tax, etc. included.

I renewed a few months ago. I always do the 5 months for $25. If they don't renew at that rate I'll cancel.
I have been doing this for about 4 years now. Every 5 months I call threatening to cancel and they give me the 5 for $25 deal. It is actually getting easier and easier like they are expecting my call.

I have been doing this for about 4 years now. Every 5 months I call threatening to cancel and they give me the 5 for $25 deal. It is actually getting easier and easier like they are expecting my call.

Next time you call to renew, tell them 6 months for that or you will cancel. Be adamant about canceling if you don't get six months rather then five months. I do this and every time they give me the 6 months for $28.46 which is the $24+ promotion plus the tax, etc.. I might mention that others that I have told to do this have gotten the same deal. Again, you have to stand by your guns so to speak and say you will cancel unless you get 6 months.

Forgot to mention. Never give the rep your charge card number! Tell them to bill you and that you want the billing fee waved. They will comply. After you end call with the rep, you can go to your account online and pay there with a charge card. Be 100% sure when paying with card that you select the one time payment only option!

I got a letter from them because my free subscription (new car) was about to expire. They offered six months for $30 and I sent them a check. When this six months is up and they don't make a similar offer, I will threaten to cancel. It is a dance you have to do a couple of times a year.

Last edited:
I do the same, just call and say I refuse to pay whatever. They always lower the price, I would cancel if they didnt

I just went through this in November. My 6 month $30 expired and I requested the same deal but they said no so I canceled my subscription. One week later I started getting emails and letters offering 6 months for $30. I don't know why they wouldn't just give it to me when I asked. I haven't renewed yet because I keep forgetting but I plan to. So don't worry if you have to cancel. They will probably start bugging you soon.

Our regular subscription (two cars) ended last year. When DH found out how much they wanted to renew (we've had it 8 years and it's gone up) we said no thanks. And, they had auto-renewed us which we got reversed. We were originally xm subscribers. They kept offering us $30 for 6 months and DH said, nope, not unless you give us an annual rate that is that low. They said they couldn't do that so we said no. I now get emails every week and mail once every two weeks or so offering the $30/6 months. If they can do that for 6 months, they can do it for all subscriptions. So, yes, they will start bugging you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter