Harrisburg/Hershey, PA Meet June 2014 **SEE STICKY AT TOP OF PAGE**

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
After watching the last couple of events I have gotten the bug to try to get an event together here in the Harrisburg/Hershey, PA area. I have ideas on what we can do (we do have this huge chocolate plant in Hershey) and if planned right, Hersheypark MAY be open for springtime in the park.

Right now the road block that I am seeing (and this is just minor right now) is finding a hall to rent at a decent price. I know from doing other events that renting a fire hall is kind of pricey in this area and so are renting out rooms at hotels.

Anyone else in the Harrisburg/Hershey/York, PA area that would be willing to hlep me with this, I would appreciate the help!!

I guess I should mention that I am looking at April 2014. I would like to stay away from Easter weekend.

After looking at my calendar, I would like to try to get it in the weekend of April 11-13, 2014. Now, this is still very tentative. I would have to find a place to hold the event. I have been looking at fire halls around the Hershey area that would keep everyone centrally located with hotel options that aren't expensive.

With the weekend I am looking at being the weekend before Easter, Hersheypark would be open for Springtime in the park.

If anyone in the central PA area would like to help me plan this or get things together, I would really appreciate the help.

Just an idea:

You can go to the Hershey hotels and see about renting a basic room for let's say a Friday night meet and greet. The hotel would love the business and you can see about a group rate and block rooms. You can charge each Diser a fee to help pay for that room.

Saturday have everyone go to the park for the day and then maybe something small in the evening. You can see if there is a meet and greet area for lunch where everyone can meet. I am sure there is a group rate for tickets.

Sunday you can have everyone meet for breakfast then go to the candy shopping area that is near the park. Or travel up and down the streets of the area and see the Hershey lights.

I don't think you can do tour of the Hershey factory anymore??

You can have shirts made up so Disers can find each other in the park.

I was thinking of doing the same thing after being on DISCruise. So I would be willing to help out. I live in Susquehanna Township and a season pass holder.

If the date for springtime doesn't work, maybe a weekend in late June so more families can come and the Boardwalk is open. I know it is a bit more expensive at that time though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was thinking in the Hershey area, but I do know that either the lodge or the hotel are VERY expensive to hold an event there. I am involved with our local pro-hockey team's booster club and we hold our end of season event at the lodge and it is very expensive to be there. I can check and see. I know they have smaller meeting rooms in the convention center of the Lodge (which will be cheaper than the Hershey Hotel).

Wimpy...I am in Enola...so we aren't that far from each other. I used to have a season pass for the park, but it just got too expensive when they added the water park. Going the near the end of June would be good also with having the waterpark open at that time.

I do know that the one local fire company wants $500 to rent their hall (because the booster club was looking into using it for an event). That is the biggest problem with our area is that there aren't too many places to hold events (like a community center). There are a lot of local fire companies that charge for rental of their halls.

I know of a few places. I am the president of a local group that meets at the Holiday Inn East. I could contact them to see their rates. I also know my church has a social hall that we could probably rent. I don't think is that expensive and it has a sound system I know how to run.

I will probably also be able to enlist some friends to help out. If we did a silent auction with it, I may be able to get some items dominated for it.

I'll PM you with my email address to discuss some of it further if you'd like.

Over the last week, some details have been worked out. Nothing is set in stone, but we should be getting information out soon so everyone can start planning!!!

A note to anyone interested, Season Passes for next year are on sale for Hershey. They are $125 if ordered before 10/1. After that, prices go up.

I haven't been to Hershey since 2010...I believe it was the last meet! :goodvibes

I'll be there with my family.

I'm thinking of opening some restaurants in Harrisburg, so I can call this a research trip.!

I'm definitely interested.
DH has friends in Hershey-area. He can see them, and I can do to DIS meet.

We are in the process of booking a hall and discussing ideas for the meet. We are looking at June 14th. The boardwalk at Hershey will be open and it is usually nice weather and not too crowded at that time.

As soon as Jim let's me know that we are booked for the hall...I will post the official dates up here. As he said, we are working on some activities for the weekend and hope everyone can join us for some fun in the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

DH and I would be interested in attending too, though I hate going to the park on a weekend - lol. Haven't been since they opened the Boardwalk, so it would be fun. We've been talking about going for the last couple of years.

Subscribing to this. I'd be interested in more info as well. Our family lives just over in the Lehigh Valley and visit Hershey at least 4 times per year. Spring in the Park is always a must. Fantastic time in that area to do something.

DH and I would be interested in attending too, though I hate going to the park on a weekend - lol. Haven't been since they opened the Boardwalk, so it would be fun. We've been talking about going for the last couple of years.

That time of year the park isn't that busy...I have seen it during the weekends that time of year and the parking lot is half empty.

That time of year the park isn't that busy...I have seen it during the weekends that time of year and the parking lot is half empty.

I never have figured that out. :confused3 Seems the perfect time. Warm enough to be outside, and not yet infernally hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts