Hard Rock Hotel refund question

Cinderkella

Earning My Ears
I had to cancel our Universal trip that we had planned for next month. I cancelled our Hard Rock Hotel reservation through their website on 4/10/11 - 9 days ago. My deposit has not been refunded back to my account yet. Does it normally take them this long, or should I call?

I had to cancel our Universal trip that we had planned for next month. I cancelled our Hard Rock Hotel reservation through their website on 4/10/11 - 9 days ago. My deposit has not been refunded back to my account yet. Does it normally take them this long, or should I call?

I cancelled last summer for RPR and I think I had my refund within a week. I would call to check.:thumbsup2

BTW: I paid by debt not CC.

I would call. I switched from PBH to HRH a couple of months ago, and the credit hit my credit card within days.

I was just going to post the same question. I shorted our trip on March 31 and still have not received my refund? I thought I would call at the 3 week mark. I think that is ridiculous that it takes so long.

I did just call and they said it could take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. I am on week 3 :confused3 Not a good start to our vacation on Saturday that is for sure. I shortened our disney portion of the trip and that refund showed up the next day on the same credit card I used for the Universal portion.

I did just call and they said it could take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. I am on week 3 :confused3 Not a good start to our vacation on Saturday that is for sure. I shortened our disney portion of the trip and that refund showed up the next day on the same credit card I used for the Universal portion.

That is crazy. There is no reason for that except for they want to use your money for as long as possible.

jackal, did they say they had done their part with the refund? Generally places will tell you x number of weeks or billing cycles because once they are done with their part, it's up to the bank/cc company to get that refund posted. But the company itself has already finished it.

I'd make sure that the refund shows up on THEIR end as having been started..same goes for the OP.

I cancelled a package by phone and the refund was fully in my bank account in UNDER a week. My bank is spectacular about posting refunds. Other banks, not so much.

She didn't really say much other than it could take 2 to 4 weeks for it to be refunded. She said on their end that it shows there should be a refund but it has not yet been processed. I mean I have been getting charged interest on $2,128 for the last 3 weeks. It really makes me mad. It's ridiculous for it to take so long.

Jackal, I am assuming you booked a package through Universal and not a hotel room through Loews or the Hard Rock website? My refund through the Loews website was done within a week.

Jackal, I am assuming you booked a package through Universal and not a hotel room through Loews or the Hard Rock website? My refund through the Loews website was done within a week.

Yes, I booked a package through Universal. Do you think that is the problem? I also booked a package through Disney and got my refund right away. The Universal one I am on 3 weeks with no refund.

Yes, I booked a package through Universal. Do you think that is the problem? I also booked a package through Disney and got my refund right away. The Universal one I am on 3 weeks with no refund.

I think that is most likely what the difference is. The simple hotel reservations seem to get refunded quite quickly. At Universal, tickets and hotels (since the hotels are not owned nor operated by Universal) are done separately while at Disney it is all done together. I definitely don't see that as an excuse but could be the reason.

My example of getting the refund fully posted in less than a week was with a package....

If she's showing that it hasn't been processed on their end, that's a PROBLEM. Call in, have them do whatever they have to do.

Surprise, Surpise. I just checked my credit card and the refund is now there. My bet is someone dropped the ball originally and my call yesterday prompted them to rush the refund through. I wish I would have called earlier, but the website does say it could take up to 3 weeks, so I thought I would give them at least that. Still makes me mad that I paid interest on that much money for 3 weeks. oh, well, all is good now. It probably was a fluke and someone just didn't put it through when I originally called.

Either way, Universal TMs have always been nice to me on the phone and we are leaving in 3 day so I am not going to let it bother me now. ;)

Update: I called Tuesday and the woman I spoke with said it should take about 5-7 days for a refund to process, so she transferred me over to accounting. Nobody was available to take my call due to high call volume, so I had to leave a message. Nobody called back. Called again yesterday and same thing, left a message. Finally, they called me back this morning and said my refund is being processed as of today. In other words, before I called nothing was happening! So, if you have to cancel a reservation with Universal and don't get your refund in 5-7 days - CALL!! I can't believe this. I will post again when the refund actually shows up in my account. By the way, I booked hotel only, this was not a package. I've canceled with Disney many times in the past and the refund has always showed up in my account within 4 days. Good thing I called or I don't know how long this would have taken!

This could have been a rare event.

It doesn't sound like a rare event when two people had the same problem pretty much at the same time. Mine took 3 weeks and I had to call. Cinderkellars took over 10 days and had to call.

It doesn't sound like a rare event when two people had the same problem pretty much at the same time. Mine took 3 weeks and I had to call. Cinderkellars took over 10 days and had to call.

I think that is 3 I have heard of in the 10 years on this forum. Might be a new event, employee, system, etc.

I think that is 3 I have heard of in the 10 years on this forum. Might be a new event, employee, system, etc.

Maybe the extreme busyness of spring break? In any event, I'm not going to let it ruin my view on Universal. They have always been extremely helpful and nice on the phone. It's probably my fault for not calling sooner, I just thought because the website said 3 weeks, I would give them the 3 weeks. We are leaving on Saturday and I can't wait to get there and check out what Universal has to offer!:cool1:

It doesn't change my view of Universal either. I'm just glad I called and think people should know that if it takes longer than a week (for whatever reason) they should call. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter