Halloween Horror Nights - update

jjcollins

DIS Veteran
Universal Orlando is in the thick of planning for Halloween Horror Nights, and one of the attractions likely this year is an "extreme" horror house that you must be 18 years old -- and willing to sign a waiver -- to enter.

At least that's the buzz along the old fright network. A company insider confirmed -- nervously -- that there was something along those lines "in the works."

No word on exactly what this horror-to-the-nth degree will entail or if, as some Web sites suggest, it will require an additional entry fee. One site said the stout of heart will wear a harness while the floor drops from beneath them -- and that's before they spend some time in a casket.

Other preview nuggets: This year's HHN will include a haunted "ghost ship," based on the movie of the same name. And there'll be a new mascot to replace last year's creepy Caretaker, who is on his way to the bone yard.

The first HHN in 1991 was known as "fright nights" and lasted three days, compared with this year's three-week run. The big draws early on were the Rat Lady, a gal who got cozy with her namesake pals, and the Roach Wrangler, a biker guy who kissed a palmetto bug during his job interview.

Fancy a job , Universal is hiring now for some of the 1,100 slots it expects to fill for this year's Halloween Horror Nights. That's a healthy bump from the 900 positions last year.

jj....... :eek: :eek:

I have a great picture of the rat lady taken the year before last,I wish I could post photos to show you!:p

I have booked a HHN VIP tour for October 23rd,just can't wait:)

That sounds a bit too Extreme for me - boyfriend thinks it sounds cool!!!!

I envy you going this hal we love the HHN went in 95 and 01 but couldn't go that time of year this year.

We weren't going to go next year but have decided to do just a week in Oct just so that we can do HHN.

we went on the opening night last year

bloody amazing

my girlfriend was scared beyond belief

we went in the first house (which happend to be the scariest) and then she wouldn't go in anymore

she even got chased round the park by the scareactors with chainsaws

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter