Halloween at Disney World

KCF1216

Earning My Ears
Hello, I just joined today! I am planning a trip for 4 nights to Disney World in October (10/30-11/3). It will be my husband and I plus 3 kids (ages 7, 4, 7 months). We will be staying at the Contemporary. We have planned 3 days of park tickets. I saw that there was a special Not Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a place to review other activities that might be in other parks or at the hotels and perhaps thoughts on what tickets might be worth splurging on with young kids. Thanks!

There's no other Halloween activities except a little something at Fort Wilderness. Your best bet is Googling or using the Search function on Disboards to find reviews from a few months ago. MNSSHP is a lot of fun - we've been to about 8 parties over 5 trips - but you'll be there over Halloween, which means the party will probably sell out (a rarity), so I would buy tickets as soon as they become available if you're wanting to go. You can't stay in MK after 7:00, with no tickets, on party nights, so if you're wanting to maximize your time in MK, it's best to splurge. If you have a theme park view at Contemporary, you can still see the fireworks from your room. Or you should be able to - we always stay at BLT in theme park view and we have a clear view of the fireworks from our balcony every year when we're not at the party. And you can turn on a specific channel on the TV and the music is piped in that they're playing in the parks during the fireworks show.

There's no other Halloween activities except a little something at Fort Wilderness. Your best bet is Googling or using the Search function on Disboards to find reviews from a few months ago. MNSSHP is a lot of fun - we've been to about 8 parties over 5 trips - but you'll be there over Halloween, which means the party will probably sell out (a rarity), so I would buy tickets as soon as they become available if you're wanting to go. You can't stay in MK after 7:00, with no tickets, on party nights, so if you're wanting to maximize your time in MK, it's best to splurge. If you have a theme park view at Contemporary, you can still see the fireworks from your room. Or you should be able to - we always stay at BLT in theme park view and we have a clear view of the fireworks from our balcony every year when we're not at the party. And you can turn on a specific channel on the TV and the music is piped in that they're playing in the parks during the fireworks show.

Thank you! Do you happen to know when tickets usually come out? When they do come out, is it something you have to be ready to book right at that minute or it will sell out? We could only do 10/30 or 10/31 which I would think would be popular.

Hello, I just joined today! I am planning a trip for 4 nights to Disney World in October (10/30-11/3). It will be my husband and I plus 3 kids (ages 7, 4, 7 months). We will be staying at the Contemporary. We have planned 3 days of park tickets. I saw that there was a special Not Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a place to review other activities that might be in other parks or at the hotels and perhaps thoughts on what tickets might be worth splurging on with young kids. Thanks!

With 4 nights at the resort you have 5 days, maybe depending on your arrival and departure times. I like the party and we often go, but before you plan this, I would suggest looking at how you plan the rest of your trip. You may just want to add one more park day, depending on the cost. Personally, if you cannot plan your arrival night in a park, or your departure day, I would save the party for another trip. It is probably going to be sold out on the 31st, if there is a party that night.

I am not a fan of packing in a lot of extras on a first trip unless you have plenty of time. The kids will probably not miss trick or treating itself, and can always wear their costumes on Halloween.

Found this on a list of Halloween activities for different resorts on Halloween night for last year.

Contemporary Resort
Located at Contemporary Feature Pool

• 1:00pm: Tricky Trivia
  • 2:00pm: Mummy Wrap Contest
  • 2:30pm: Mickey Tie-Dye ($)
  • 3:30pm: Villain Bingo
Located in the Courtyard behind the Contemporary Tower

• 5:00pm-8:00pm: Lollipop Spiders, Popcorn Hands, Specialty Punch & Candy Apple Station ($)
  • 5:30pm-6:00pm: Costume Contest
  • 6:00pm-6:30pm: Cake Walk
  • 6:30pm-8:00pm: Campfire
  • 7:00pm-7:30pm: Doughnut Eating Contest
Two years ago my family was staying at POR for Halloween and they even had characters in the lobby of the resort plus trick or treating and other things. We had lots of fun. So there is more than just the party if your there on the 31st.

Yes, I was going to say there are some Halloween activities at the resorts also. We were there this past year and headed over to Ft Wilderness for their Golf Cart Parade. There were probably over 60 golf carts all decorated for Halloween and the parade was around 6:00 or so. We then ate at Trails End Restaurant. After we ate we walked around and checked out all the campsites (lots of people decorate their sites). They had a Halloween Party on the beach (even the headless horsemen showed up on his horse).

Most resorts also show Halloween type movies (family friendly) during the month of October.

Also, when we were there this past year, on October 31 they had a MNSSHP so of course the MK was all decorated for Halloween. November 1, the park was completely decorated for Christmas (even tough the MVMCP did not start for another week or so).

We were there for Halloween a year ago. We didn't want to do the party on the 31st since it is always a sellout(especially since it was on a Sat that year. It might not be so bad this year since it is on a Tuesday) I am sorry that we didn't go to FW to see the golf cart parade. It looks like fun.

We took our son (8) and DD(19 m) this Sept/Oct and we absolutely loved everything about MNSSHP. It was so much fun. If you can afford it- I highly suggest it.

Thank you for all of the great feedback! Decisions, decisions!! I'm glad to see there are some other good options out there!

First off :welcome: to Disboards.

I was there this Halloween, loved it and planning again next year.

We did MNSSHP on Oct 30th then dinner at California Grill with HalloWishes Fireworks on actual Halloween.

Note that sellout parties are very common especially closer to Halloween. It does not mean the park is sold out, just the set number of party tickets.

All resorts do activities like above.

There is trick or treating at campsites at Ft Wilderness but it has apparently gotten out of control, many said it was awful to deal with and there is talk about somehow restricting it. IDK it was enough to scare us off from going.

And yes, as soon as Halloween is over the park magically changes to Christmas so since you are overlapping dates, make sure you go in for Halloween decor before it's gone.

With 4 nights at the resort you have 5 days, maybe depending on your arrival and departure times. I like the party and we often go, but before you plan this, I would suggest looking at how you plan the rest of your trip. You may just want to add one more park day, depending on the cost. Personally, if you cannot plan your arrival night in a park, or your departure day, I would save the party for another trip. It is probably going to be sold out on the 31st, if there is a party that night.

I am not a fan of packing in a lot of extras on a first trip unless you have plenty of time. The kids will probably not miss trick or treating itself, and can always wear their costumes on Halloween.

I was wondering if it would be less crowded because Halloween falls during the week? I would think it would be busier on the weekends no? I went back in 1996 and it was not busy at all but we also had tornado warnings the day of the party and they cancelled and then changed their minds and went on with the party which helped with the crowds. We will be there October 26th -November 4th so we have the option of not doing the MNNSHP on Halloween and going another night. What would you all do?

I was wondering if it would be less crowded because Halloween falls during the week? I would think it would be busier on the weekends no? I went back in 1996 and it was not busy at all but we also had tornado warnings the day of the party and they cancelled and then changed their minds and went on with the party which helped with the crowds. We will be there October 26th -November 4th so we have the option of not doing the MNNSHP on Halloween and going another night. What would you all do?

I have never been on Halloween, but I think that where it falls will have little impact on the crowd level that night. I love the parties, and Given your length of stay, I would do it. I would love to attend on Halloween, no matter the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter