Hall of presidents time and Space Mt. question

TanWellman

Earning My Ears
Still planning our trip...we leave in 5 days!!!!

My DD6 is dying to go to the Hall of Presidents (she is a history buff...) but my DD4 will be climbing the walls. How long will the Hall of Presidents take? Should I do something else with DD4 while the rest of the family does HOP?

Also, same DD6 wants to ride Space Mt. She meets height requirements, but what do you all think? Is it "One person to a seat" where I can not sit with her, or can we sit together???

Thanks so much! :earsgirl:

We went on it last month and I think from the time you sit down to the end maybe 12-15 minutes at the outside.

Tell your 4 yr that it is a quite rest time, been more then once I slipped in there on a warm day to enjoy the ac and rest for a few.

(just elbow me if I snore to loud)

Dave

hop is about 20 minutes....... If you think the little one will not sit still i would take him to nmaybe country bears (its just down the path in frontierland).........

as for space mountain it is six seats right in front of each other 3 in car one 3 in car two if you do go put her in the middle of the first car and you sit behind her in the last seat of the first car, if its possible for you two and another adult go on Put the other adult in the front seat so she knows the person in front and in back of her

Country Bears is an excellent alternative to HOP, or you may want to take him over to Tom Sawyer's Island.

As for Space Mountain, she should have no problem. I felt like you do when DD 1st rode it, but I sat in front of her, and DH sat in back, so he could see her the entire time. We didn't hear a peep out of her, so when we got off we asked her how she liked it. She LOVED it, but couldn't understand why everyone else was screaming!

As for space mountain, I always see many 6 year olds on the ride and they always seem to love it - this is definitely one of those questions where the answer has to based on you knowing your own kid. How is she in the dark - does she like roller coasters generally? Space Mountain is actually a pretty mild roller coaster in terms of speed and drops but the darkness makes it feel a lot faster than it really is. (If I'm not mistaken to top speed of SM is in the 30's in terms of MPH while many of the newer coasters regularly get into the 60's and 70's - some have even topped 100MPH!)

It is one to a seat but as stated in the other posts, you're behind each other (you can decide whether you'd rather see her or have her see you).

I did SM first when I was five, and it scared the dickens out of me. Then again, that was 20+ years ago and I didn't want to ride it anyway. I think a 6-year-old will be fine with it, especially if they know what it is.

Save HoP for the afternoon when you are hot and tired. It will make a great short nap for your 4 year old! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter