Guardians of the Galaxy Still Virtual

While the second drop is nice and it lasts longer, they should move it until 3 for the people who park hop. Or let you park hop at noon.

I truly don’t know what the answer is, but I agree it shouldn’t last a second either. Actually the answer is just getting rid of the VQ, but I understand others like it (just like I like genie+ and other hate it). That way you can choose to wait in a huge line, or get there first thing or last at night for lower waits.
It's intentionally 1pm so that those who had Epcot reservations for the day and got shut out of the 7am queue have first shot at the next batch. As many have pointed out, the 1pm queue regularly lasts past 2pm so those who want to hop right at 2 to make Guardians a priority will usually be able to get. Yes - I'd personally prefer 2pm or 3pm as well but the 1pm drop makes perfect sense so that those who make Epcot reservations don't get shut out completely.

You're still missing the point. Your whole argument boils down to "but I want it to be the way I want so I don't have to get up at 7am". I'd prefer not to get up at 7am either - I never said I liked getting up then. But you take that preference and then use it to try to prove the system is flawed. But it is in no way flawed - it's just a matter of you not liking it. Again - you don't have to get up at 7am - you can get the 1pm drop of the VQ if you want. You stated you wanted a way to not have to get up at 7am and I pointed out Disney already has that way. But you dismissed it because you seem to want not 7am but not as late at 1pm . . . basically - you want something tailored to you.

While I don't like getting up at 7am - I much prefer that to having to stand in line for 2-3 hours which it what Guardians would have been a good portion of the time since opening. There is literally no system you can devise where I couldn't give you your arguments right back at you as to how inconvenient it is for a whole lot of people.
You're missing my point. First of all, I never said that I expect to get shut out of Guardians. People say that Guardians VQs are available well past 1 p.m., and I have no reason to doubt that (if they keep that VQ -- God, I hope not).

What I did say is that I expect that my group may well get shut out of Tron. That will be the newest, hottest ride, and it's pure starry-eyed optimism to assume that ILLs and 1 p.m. VQs won't disappear in a flash. Tron will be the major new E Ticket at MK, still the most popular theme park on the planet. Blink, and all Tron availability will be long gone for the day. That's not a speculation on my part; it's just common sense.

And, I'm not the only one who doesn't like the 7 a.m. insanity. If you don't think so, you haven't been paying attention to these boards for the past couple years.

Yes, this system is deeply flawed -- even if they've ironed out all the bugs (clearly not). Under the old system, we went to WDW secure in the knowledge that we WOULD get to ride the newest, hottest ride, multiple times. Now? I'd better get my knee pads and start praying...

Last edited:
If you intend to use G+,and ILL- you'll have absolutely no issue in getting onto all your rides; including Guardians.

FYI: Guardians 1pm last over 2 hours today. If someone in your group of seven is unable to grab that or find a guest service CM to assist during that time; or heck, any random teenager in the park to help, that is some black cloud you travel with over the 10 days.

Worst case; if you're having that serious troubles, Message me on your epcot day and I'll jump on your MDE to grab your VQ at 1pm.
I will try to max the hell out of this system, because I have no choice. I am in charge of a ten day trip for seven family members and I have to try everything I can to hopefully give them a great vacation (they are in my profile pic -- see, they were happy on THAT trip). I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at that challenge, but I have zero faith in this tech white elephant, and only pray it will do SOMETHING for us. Something, anything?

Why should I believe in this crap? I've heard mostly a litany of criticism since it was introduced by the beloved former CEO.

P.S.: Thanks for the laugh. Yeah, I'm really going to message some stranger on Disboards and give him my password :rotfl:

Last edited:
I've heard mostly a litany of criticism since it was introduced by the beloved former CEO.
Actually the whole G+ system was announced and developed under IGER! And Rise, which started with a VQ, was 100% under him as well since it opened in FL in 2019.

I will try to max the hell out of this system, because I have no choice. I am in charge of a ten day trip for seven family members and I have to try everything I can to hopefully give them a great vacation (they are in my profile pic -- see, they were happy on THAT trip). I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at that challenge, but I have zero faith in this tech white elephant, and only pray it will do SOMETHING for us. Something, anything?

Why should I believe in this crap? I've heard mostly a litany of criticism since it was introduced by the beloved former CEO.

P.S.: Thanks for the laugh. Yeah, I'm really going to message some stranger on Disboards and give him my password :rotfl:
I do believe humanity strives to be better, especially on this board.

Perhaps survival of the fittest does reign supreme for some

Offer remains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter