"Guaranteed" Room, Not ever come Thru?

Hygiene99

<font color=teal>I am quite the little Teapot<br><
Hi everyone :sunny:

Anyone ever have a "guaranteed" Cat, and the Reservation not come thru? From Disney Cruise Line? :confused3

Or Been downgraded? Or Been booted off the ship All together?
If you Got Downgraded what happened?
Thanks Peter

The concept of GTY means that you are guaranteed to at least be assigned the category you purchased....never a lower a category.

The only time I ever heard of anyone getting bumped off the ship was when the one cruise was cancelled a few years ago due to Norwalk virus...they had to replace many cruisers on future sailings, so if anyone was booked on a Castmember Rate (DCL gives discounts to their company employees from time to time)...the CM rate folks were bumped to make room for the full paying guests. That was a very rare ocurrence.

I would not worry...you may not be upgraded but you certainly won't be bumped or downgraded....unless it was some bizarre circumstance!!!

mmouse37 said:
The concept of GTY means that you are guaranteed to at least be assigned the category you purchased....never a lower a category.

The only time I ever heard of anyone getting bumped off the ship was when the one cruise was cancelled a few years ago due to Norwalk virus...they had to replace many cruisers on future sailings, so if anyone was booked on a Castmember Rate (DCL gives discounts to their company employees from time to time)...the CM rate folks were bumped to make room for the full paying guests. That was a very rare ocurrence.

I would not worry...you may not be upgraded but you certainly won't be bumped or downgraded....unless it was some bizarre circumstance!!!

Thanks MJ :goodvibes

Just asking the Question, for a New diser who is a bit worried!
Since it is a Med Cruise, Airfare has been booked and Non refundable!

We feel about the same as you Stated! :wizard:

Cant ever Remember reading a post here about it not coming Thru! :wizard:

It is a Cat 4 to boot...

Cat 4 5 & 6 are all being sold as GTY :teeth:

Hygiene99 said:
Thanks MJ :goodvibes

Just asking the Question, for a New diser who is a bit worried!
Since it is a Med Cruise, Airfare has been booked and Non refundable!

We feel about the same as you Stated! :wizard:

Cant ever Remember reading a post here about it not coming Thru! :wizard:

It is a Cat 4 to boot...

Cat 4 5 & 6 are all being sold as GTY :teeth:

Hope they have a great cruise!!!

Thanks for all the help! :) Our nerves are calming a bit! It is a cruise for our sons second birthday and I want it all to go off without a hitch! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter