Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Your sisters picture is fantastic! I feel for you in that wait though :faint: We normally do 20-25 minute waits tops. In Nov. DS11 and I went down a few days ahead of DH and DS14; at HS the posted wait for TSMM was 70 and DS really wanted to do it, commenting that maybe it would be shorter.......I felt bad so I Reluctantly went in. The wait was about 50 minutes, still long, not as bad as 70, but it was a whole lotta "I Spy" getting there!
We also didn't even try catching UOAT in Nov. since none of us were big fans of CtM but it looks so pretty. Might try to watch it in May :thumbsup2
I forgot to mention it but we played like 10 rounds of Heads Up!

I recommend seeing OUAT at least once.

That's one long, busy day! Sorry about that wait time. We had the opposite experience at RnR with the actual wait being shorter than what was posted. Love the shots of the projection show.

That's one long, busy day! Sorry about that wait time. We had the opposite experience at RnR with the actual wait being shorter than what was posted. Love the shots of the projection show.
Yes it was! Usually wait times are shorter than the posted time, I've never had it longer like that before.

Thanks! It was a nice show!

I've had the same problem on RnRC with the wait being longer than advertised ... it's so frustrating. But whatever. At least you got a good ride picture out of it ... Sydnee's face is hysterical.

Sounds like you made decent use of the extra magic hours at MK. I loved Celebrate the Magic, but I'm really excited to see Once Upon a Time. Like you said, these shows can only get better.

I've had the same problem on RnRC with the wait being longer than advertised ... it's so frustrating. But whatever. At least you got a good ride picture out of it ... Sydnee's face is hysterical.

Sounds like you made decent use of the extra magic hours at MK. I loved Celebrate the Magic, but I'm really excited to see Once Upon a Time. Like you said, these shows can only get better.
Yes Syd's face is great. I believe she has another good one later in the trip.

That was the only extra magic hours I could do on this trip so I had to take advantage. With all the projection shows now I'm surprised they don't incorporate projections into wishes. I'm sure the next fireworks show for MK will have them.

I'm amazed at how much you actually are able to get done with such a big group! And, OH to be young again and able to go from 3am-midnight. LOL! I would have crashed by 8pm.

I'm amazed at how much you actually are able to get done with such a big group! And, OH to be young again and able to go from 3am-midnight. LOL! I would have crashed by 8pm.
Yes the whole trip was actually pretty smooth with the large group. I was sure we would have issues at some point but we didn't.

I'm sure in 10 years I'll be crashing at 8 too.

I'm so behind....I agree with the fish and chips! A must have but we have much better at home. Food is always on my brain...love the pics! Great report!

Why did I wear these shoes?

I don't recall what time we got up but we had a 8:40AM reservation at 1900 Park fare. So I am guessing we got up around 7AM. On the bus to MK you could see the staging on the side of the road for the races.

We got to MK and loaded on the monorail to our destination of GF. We passed by one of the final Welcome Shows in front go the train station.

When we arrived workers were dismantling the GF gingerbread house. I had never seen the house before and now I have kind of seen it.

I love the GF tree!

They had these really cool Easter eggs in display cases while waiting for our table.

Soon enough we were seated.

You can't go wrong with a breakfast buffet.

Pooh liked Grandma...

Then the Mad Hatter came! We missed him last trip and oh man he is awesome! He is so funny and was yelling at someone in our group for not getting in the photo.

More Mickey waffles and bacon!

And that concluded our breakfast! I really enjoy most breakfast buffets at WDW and 1900 Park fare is a good one because of the characters. I would do it again for sure.

Now onto my shoes... I bought these Toy Story Vans a while back but haven't worn them much. I thought Disney would be the perfect place to wear them. Well I was very stupid. As the day went on my feet hurt and I got small blisters on the back of my heel/ankle. With the races coming up I was very worried. It is what it is though at that point.

We headed over to the Magic Kingdom after breakfast!

Continued in the next post...

Why did I wear these shoes?

Blue Tomorrowland rocks! I actually like them. They seem to be better than the reddish ones.

Cabanas! No way would I pay $650 for that.

Space Mountain was our destination! My sister Sydnee loves the front row and tries to get it every time.

We had missed our Peter Pan FP by now and it was almost time for our Mine Train FP so that is where we headed.

We missed our Peter Pan FP like I said but one of our friends Jennifer suggested we still try to use it. I was hesitant thinking really? no way are we going to be able to get on. Well, I was wrong they let us all on. Color me surprised! I didn't take any photos of this ride though...

Splash Mountain was next and oh man was that not a fun wait. Posted wait time was again 70 minutes. I was like um, really? I of course waited again. Turns out we would end up waiting 90 minutes again! Like what! I said I wouldn't do this anymore! I was serious this time. I would not wait that long again on this trip. Apparently the ride had been down earlier and they were letting all of the FPs on which slowed the loading process down. This of course did not help my feet which were hurting in those shoes...

Our final FP was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom.

We decided to head out of MK for some pool time since it was quite warm and we didn't have any other plans for the day. But first... We needed a Dole Whip!

This was our building in the Springs section. We were on the 4th floor of the building.

I sat in the hot tub and soaked my feet because I really needed to. After some time in the pool we all settled on heading to Disney Springs for the night. I was excited to try some of the new food offerings.

Up Next: Sprinkles! Morimoto! D-Luxe Burger! Oh MY!

Looks like we where in the same building at Saratoga that weekend. It was our first time staying there and we really enjoyed it! Especially loved how close we were to the buses and their cafeteria.

I did not realize the magic bands worked on posters on RNR too! That's very cool!

Picture of sunset from the hot tub is awesome.

So where is a photo of these offending footwears???

I think you have done both so Crystal Palace or 1900 Parkfare?? Is the food essentially the same? The characters seem to be, with the addition of Alice/Hatter.

Looks like we where in the same building at Saratoga that weekend. It was our first time staying there and we really enjoyed it! Especially loved how close we were to the buses and their cafeteria.

That's cool! I enjoyed the location of that building as well.

How is the mine train? I wanted to check it out but the wait was always an hour or more.

Mine train is a good ride but not worth the waits it gets. If you can't get a FP I wouldn't wait much more than 30 minutes for it.

I did not realize the magic bands worked on posters on RNR too! That's very cool!

Picture of sunset from the hot tub is awesome.

Yes they added the poster a while back now.

Thanks! It was nice to relax for a little bit.

So where is a photo of these offending footwears???

I think you have done both so Crystal Palace or 1900 Parkfare?? Is the food essentially the same? The characters seem to be, with the addition of Alice/Hatter.

You can see the shoes in the photo with Alice. I don't have a close up photo of them.

I've done both yes however I haven't done crystal palace for breakfast. I would assume both meals are estilaos the same. I do know 1900 park fare is the only place you can get strawberry soup which is like their signature item. Crystal palace has pooh, tigger, piglet, and eeyore. 1900 park fare has Mary poppins, tigger, pooh, mad hatter and Alice. Both are good character meals.

I agree with you on the Vans - incredibly uncomfortable! I was able to sell mine after one unfortunate wear thankfully.

Those cabanas are ridiculous. I'm so glad they are gone!

I agree with you on the Vans - incredibly uncomfortable! I was able to sell mine after one unfortunate wear thankfully.

Those cabanas are ridiculous. I'm so glad they are gone!
Yeah I think I'll probably still keep mine but will not wear them when I have to do a lot of standing or walking again.

I hope they are gone for good. I've heard rumors they are only going away for permanent structures...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter