Grocery Shopping: Best Place For Baby Items

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Now that I'm on a tighter budget, we're wondering if it would affordable to buy certain baby items in FL. We didn't want to lug the diapers, formula, etc. We had planned on renting a car (may be rethinking that) and go grocery shopping.

What stores are nearby?
Which has the best prices?
Do they take coupons?

These items are what we would need to buy. Have any of you bought these items and remember the prices. Would like to price compare to see if it would be worth. If not, I guess I would have to pack all these items.

Pampers Diapers
Baby Wipes
Simalac Advance w/ Iron Ready Use Formula
Isomil Advance w/Iron Ready Use Formula
Simalac Advance w/ Iron Powder
Isomil Advance w/Iron Powder
Gerber Stage 1 Vegetable Baby Food
Gerber Stage 1 Fruit Baby Food
Gerber Stage 2 Vegetable Baby Food
Gerber Stage 2 Fruit Baby Food
Gerber Stage 2 meat Baby Food
Gerber Oatmeal Cereal

Any other baby items you think I may need?

I have made a habit of visiting the Super Wal Mart which is 15 minutes or so from WDW. The prices there are the SAME as my Super Wal Mart here in Texas. I buy their White Cloud brand diapers (they are exactly like Huggies but have John Lennon Carter's animals on them) and they run about $9.96 for a package that I believe has about 80 diapers in it? Similac powder was about $7.00 for the smaller can. I only bought powder because then I could mix it with room temperature or warmer water when DD2 was ready to eat it and didn't have to worry about keeping something good or opening a can and then not finishing it. They do take coupons. The carry both Gerber and Beech-nut foods, they ran around $.30-.50 per container depending on what stage, flavor or mix it was. They had boxes of bottled water that I believe were $3-5 for 18 bottles. This is from memory and was in December so I may not be right on. They do not double coupons but they honor regular coupons.

As for the car question - depending on how long you will be there it may be more cost effective to do Tiffany (or another) Town Car service. They allow a 30 minute grocery stop on your way to the hotel. The down side is that if you run out of something it is very expensive on property. I recall paying $17.00 for a can of Similac at the end of one of out trips... :( We did not have enough to get home and did not have enough time to make an off property run.

Goodings is very close to the property but their prices have been significantly higher than those further off site, but are better than the gift shops.

I always packed the diaper and wipes. As I used them, there was then room in the suitcase for the souvenirs that we brought home.

There is also another big chain grocer down the street from Goodings. The name is escaping me right now, as it's not a chain in our area - possibly Winn-Dixie? You could use the towncar stop to get groceries there, or drive there with your rental car. Depending on the length of your stay, it may be just as cost-effective to rent the car.

Don't forget to pack the baby Tylenol, etc. Ended up spending a fortune on some Children's Motrin at the hotel.

Originally posted by llp479
I always packed the diaper and wipes. As I used them, there was then room in the suitcase for the souvenirs that we brought home.

Don't forget to pack the baby Tylenol, etc. Ended up spending a
fortune on some Children's Motrin at the hotel.

Ditto to what llp479 says! I also pack diapers, wipes and even powedered formula in my suitcase (no formula this trip! woo hoo :Pinkbounc ). Then I use the extra room for souvenirs. Always take more than you think you will need.

I also second the medication thing. For some reason, oldest DD always popped a fever within12 hours of arrival after travelling on a plane. Much better to have meds with you than trying to find someplace nearby from a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter