• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery to AKL

leebee

DIS Veteran
I'm a novice, pretty green in all this grocery-delivery stuff. Please explain, in words of one syllable (don't laugh), how the whole grocery delivery thing works. I am pretty techno-stupid, don't even have a smart phone (just a tracfone flip-phone) so no access to apps and such. What service do you prefer and why? When should I place and order, and when to ask for delivery? (Grr... I'm tempted to just bring food packed in my suitcase, but I'm afraid the half-n-half won't keep on a direct flight from Hartford)

You are likely to get as many responses as there are grocery delivery services. We have used Garden Grocer for many years. My purchasing agent usually handles the details but the gist is 1) fill your "shopping cart" from their store 2) Enter your WDW resort information including check-in date 3) Enter payment details. Garden Grocer will bag up the purchases and deliver it to bell services at your resort sending you a text message or calling you when delivery has been made. Bell Services has refrig/freezer to handle fresh/frozen items. When you are ready, call bell services and they will bring the stuff around to your room.

I expect other services work the same way. Major differences among the services are the delivery charge, delivery timing, and the amount of personal service they provide.

One other thing, the further in advance of your check-in date that you can make your order, the more the total cost is discounted.

We have used gardengrocer.com x6 maybe even x7 and have always had outstanding service.

I place an order as soon as possible. We always get: water, beer, gatorade, snacks, some toiletries, breakfast items, fruit and chips. They have also gotten a few items that were not on the website, I just e-mailed and asked.

You pay when you place your order. You can add on to your order a couple times. You pick your date and delivery time. If you are not at your hotel when the groceries are delivered, Bell Services will hold them for you. They will refrigerate cold items as well.

When you are in your room, just call up for bell services.

It's wonderful to have these items in our room, so much cheaper then buying them at the parks or at the hotel.

Another vote for Garden Grocer. Simply visit its web site, fill your cart with what you need, pay, and schedule a delivery. I have used them at least five times. Last time, they missed a can of cashews. I called them to report the error. I had the cashews early the following day.

Here’s one more for Garden Grocer. We’ve used them three (soon to be four) times and have had great experiences every time. I order as early as possible to receive the best discount.

Another vote of confidence for Garden Grocer. So easy to use and great customer service. I order early for the best discount

Remember that all the services have a minimum order and the farther out you book the cheaper. So unless you are going to buy some water soda and what not your not going to be able to get just your coffee creamer

Remember that all the services have a minimum order and the farther out you book the cheaper. So unless you are going to buy some water soda and what not your not going to be able to get just your coffee creamer
True. Because AKL has DVC accommodations, the gift shop has an expanded selection of food items. For short trips, I usually buy a few things on property rather than using Garden Grocer. It doesn't make sense to order a 2 liter Coke, dozen donuts and milk from a grocery service.

Also, AP holders and DVC members can save 20% on the food items sold in the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter