• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery for Canadians?

Mackysmycat

DisneyDreamer
Just wondering if there is a grocery service that canadians can use to get a delivery to the VGC? I read somewhere that someone said they needed to have a canadian billing address to order. I've only used Garden Grocer in Disneyworld before (without a problem having a canadian billing address on my credit card) - this will be my first time for Disneyland….

Cannot get the link to upload...I have done this lots of times Through VONS
. I needed to use my AMEX my visa would not work so try multiple credit cards you can sign up for a promotion that will give you free delivery for the first time I needed to change my postal code by adding two zeros remove the letters from your postal code and add two zeros for instance if your postal code is x1c 1 t6 you would change your postal code 00116 this is for your billing address your delivery address is still the hotel

Cannot get the link to upload...I have done this lots of times Through VONS
. I needed to use my AMEX my visa would not work so try multiple credit cards you can sign up for a promotion that will give you free delivery for the first time I needed to change my postal code by adding two zeros remove the letters from your postal code and add two zeros for instance if your postal code is x1c 1 t6 you would change your postal code 00116 this is for your billing address your delivery address is still the hotel

I've used a similar trick with Von's using my Mastercard, only I put the two zeros at the end. Not sure if it makes a difference where you put the extra zeros.

I've used a similar trick with Von's using my Mastercard, only I put the two zeros at the end. Not sure if it makes a difference where you put the extra zeros.
The key is to try different combinations and different cards just b/c one does not work does not mean the next won't. Good luck

Ok thanks! I will try Von's then with my billing info except I will doctor my postal code to 90210 maybe? haha

I didn't change my postal code or anything. I have my Vons account registered with my hotel address and I may have added the hotel as a secondary address on my credit card. That was it! I've used it twice, last time with a US mastercard though so that might help.

I don't have a US credit card so will try it with my Mastercard changing up the postal code to a zip code I guess….

I don't have a US credit card so will try it with my Mastercard changing up the postal code to a zip code I guess….
Can you let me know how it works out? I would like to order a few things when we head down in December if I can figure out how to get my mastercard to work.

Ok I just called Vons. They don't run the credit card through until just before the delivery so if I fudge my zip and it doesn't go through I'm screwed. It's dumb I can't use my valid canadian credit card to pay for something if I'm having it sent to a valid US address on their delivery list. Surely there has to be another place that delivers and Canadians can use their credit cards.

Ok I just called Vons. They don't run the credit card through until just before the delivery so if I fudge my zip and it doesn't go through I'm screwed. It's dumb I can't use my valid canadian credit card to pay for something if I'm having it sent to a valid US address on their delivery list. Surely there has to be another place that delivers and Canadians can use their credit cards.

Try adding a secondary billing address (your hotel ) to the credit card. I did that with a canadian credit card and it worked.

Can you buy a Visa/MC gift card next time you cross the border? Nowadays you can assign a billing address to most of them so that should work. Just use the hotel's address.

I placed an order through Von's the other night, and it placed a $1 charge against my CC, so think they do validate the card prior. We are getting delivery next Monday.

I can't get a US gift card before the trip because we aren't going to the states until the trip.

So add a US friends address to my credit card do you mean? How do you do that?

I think you will be fine if you follow the zip code trick. ..we have done this 5-6 times for ourselves and friends
; and not all with the same credit cards...if a card Is not going to work you know right away ...whatever pre-authorisation their system does it will decline it right away.

When you are asked for a zip code you can use your postal code numbers and add 2 zeros to the end. L5P 2Z7 becomes 52700. This will work in any location that requires a zip code, ie: pay at the pump in gas stations.

Source: I work for a bank, and closely with our MasterCard division.

Edit: Confirmed with Visa, and this trick works with both Visa and MasterCard. The computers have been reconfigured to see it is purchase in the US and will compare your home Postal Code plus the two zeros.

I never even thought of this. Do they deliver to on site hotels or only good neighbors?

Has anyone had recent success with the 3 digits + 00 trick? Getting ready to order in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter