Great price on 4 day park tickets

That is a good price but if you would want six days, you'd have to pay full price for the additional two?

That is a good price but if you would want six days, you'd have to pay full price for the additional two?
Yes

These tickets are only a good deal if you only want one day in each park, you don't want more than 4 days, and you don't want to hop.

wow - this is different. It really puts credence to the rumor I read that Magic Your Way tickets are going to be restructured.

Like others said, this is a really good ticket for the one time, off-site visitor. Especially one who is also trying to fit in Universal Studios and wants to "do Disney" too. Also, it pushes them to cover all 4 parks. I've helped a few newbies with short trips and many tend to do only 2-3 park days and skip 1-2 parks. For many, a whole week at Disney still sounds like a big commitment.

wow - this is different. It really puts credence to the rumor I read that Magic Your Way tickets are going to be restructured.

Like others said, this is a really good ticket for the one time, off-site visitor. Especially one who is also trying to fit in Universal Studios and wants to "do Disney" too. Also, it pushes them to cover all 4 parks. I've helped a few newbies with short trips and many tend to do only 2-3 park days and skip 1-2 parks. For many, a whole week at Disney still sounds like a big commitment.

It's also good for those with some non-expiring tickets that they could use in combination with this.

This special ticket was offered to DVC members last year, and at a lower price. Some people loved it and some people thought it was worthless.

Unlike normal tickets, these can be used to enter a different park on the same day. You could use it like a three day hopper if you only wanted to hop once, or a two day hopper if you wanted to hop twice.

Before someone asks, no, this ticket cannot be "bridged" for an upgrade. This special ticket has a set price and cannot be "upgraded" in the traditional sense. The price paid can be applied towards an Annual Pass, or at least last years DVC deal could.

This special ticket was offered to DVC members last year, and at a lower price. Some people loved it and some people thought it was worthless.

Unlike normal tickets, these can be used to enter a different park on the same day. You could use it like a three day hopper if you only wanted to hop once, or a two day hopper if you wanted to hop twice.

Before someone asks, no, this ticket cannot be "bridged" for an upgrade. This special ticket has a set price and cannot be "upgraded" in the traditional sense. The price paid can be applied towards an Annual Pass, or at least last years DVC deal could.

Well if the bolded part is correct, this ticket could be very appealing for some visitors. I know quite a few people who wanted to try to use their 5 day MYW ticket to do this and were disappointed when they found out that they could not.

• Tickets are valid for one day of admission to Magic Kingdom park, one day of admission to Epcot, one day of admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and one day of admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on 4 separate days, and may not be used to enter the same park more than once.
Sounds unlikely since the fine print says 4 separate days. Its a pity as it would give some additional flexibility if it could function a little like a hopper.

That said, a 2 day hopper is "only" $257 (vs $279 for the Magic ticket). You would save if you could turn it into a 3 day Hopper, which is normally $345.

• Tickets are valid for one day of admission to Magic Kingdom park, one day of admission to Epcot, one day of admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and one day of admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on 4 separate days, and may not be used to enter the same park more than once.
Sounds unlikely since the fine print says 4 separate days. Its a pity as it would give some additional flexibility if it could function a little like a hopper.

That said, a 2 day hopper is "only" $257 (vs $279 for the Magic ticket). You would save if you could turn it into a 3 day Hopper, which is normally $345.
Folks in the DVC forums did it last year, but the ticket was $199 then. This seems to be the same ticket.

As a regular visitor to Disneyland and someone who's been to Disney World once (honeymoon, 5 days, 20 years ago) I would defnitely do this to introduce my son to Disney World. Unfortunately I'm going on a cruise this year so its not in the cards. Maybe they'll offer it again in 2018! :groom:

The "4 Park Magic" ticket being discussed does, in fact, allow someone to use more than one of the ticket's park entitlements in the same day, although it's definitely not advertised (or intended to be used) in that manner. I ran into a guest situation a couple of weeks ago that involved this technicality.

Its a great deal for a weeks vacation, to be able to visit each park and have break days to enjoy the resort/pool/Disney springs/excursion off property etc. an even Better deal for Fla Res tix at 45/day for 4 day.

A ticket similar to this did exist some time well in the past, ca 1998. It was called the Value Pass. It gave you one day at Magic Kingdom, one day at Epcot, one day at Hollywood Studios, and a fourth day at your choice of the parks, days must be consecutive. (There was no Animal Kingdom back then.) Price back then $142. compared with $159. for a 4 day (non-expiring) Park Hopper. Ref: Corey Sandler in his Econoguide book.

We bought this ticket for our January trip. We are only in Orlando 5 days, so this was perfect - gives us a day at each park and one day for shopping and fun.

We stay offsite and looked into buying tickets through a variety of venues. This option saved us about $200.

If we'd be there more than 5 days, I would want hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter