Grand Californian Super Thread

@Nonsuch Hi ya. We are staying in a Studio in July. We have had amazing views of PP each visit and I am wondering if its time to try another view. Any thoughts on Studios with maybe a pool or Redwood Creek view? :thanks:

Anyone been to the DCA entrance at early entry now that the entrance is restricted to GCH only? Is there any difference in the crowds?

I'd like to stay at GCH for our next trip and am trying to figure out when the lowest rates are. Is that information available online somewhere like it is for WDW resorts? We are very flexible on dates and could go for 2-3 days pretty much anytime throughout the year.

I'd like to stay at GCH for our next trip and am trying to figure out when the lowest rates are. Is that information available online somewhere like it is for WDW resorts? We are very flexible on dates and could go for 2-3 days pretty much anytime throughout the year.
There are often 20% discounts, but the best rates are for Dapper Day and Gay Days -- essentially convention rates offered to the public, 50% off. Each of these events happen twice a year. Pay close attention to cancellation policies. Both require 1 night deposit, but for Dapper Day the deposit is non-refundable.

@Nonsuch Hi ya. We are staying in a Studio in July. We have had amazing views of PP each visit and I am wondering if its time to try another view. Any thoughts on Studios with maybe a pool or Redwood Creek view? :thanks:
I dislike rooms where other rooms look back at you, so that eliminates pool view (and Courtyard view for GCH). Redwood Creek view is nice and the rooms are very quite, although it is essentially a view of trees.

this is greatly distressing. I wish I had known this when I made my reservation last July for this June. It is our first and likely only trip to DLR and GCV. We are arriving June 3, maybe we will still get to see the lobby?

I dislike rooms where other rooms look back at you, so that eliminates pool view (and Courtyard view for GCH). Redwood Creek view is nice and the rooms are very quite, although it is essentially a view of trees.

Thank you! I agree and don't like views where people can look back at you.

I took the Art of the Craft tour again (4th time), and learned about the renovation:
  • Bunk beds are being eliminated
  • More rooms with King beds and fold out sofa
  • All rooms with 2 Queen beds will also have a Daybed

What day(s) is the Arts and Craft tour?

What day(s) is the Arts and Craft tour?
Art of the Craft is offered: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
Happiest Hotel on Earth (DLH tour) is offered: Wednesday, Saturday
Tours start at 1:00PM and are 1 hour long.

The description of the Art of the Craft tour notes: Recommended for guests ages 12 and over.

Art of the Craft is offered: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
Happiest Hotel on Earth (DLH tour) is offered: Wednesday, Saturday
Tours start at 1:00PM and are 1 hour long.

The description of the Art of the Craft tour notes: Recommended for guests ages 12 and over.

Thanks Nonsuch!

There are often 20% discounts, but the best rates are for Dapper Day and Gay Days -- essentially convention rates offered to the public, 50% off. Each of these events happen twice a year. Pay close attention to cancellation policies. Both require 1 night deposit, but for Dapper Day the deposit is non-refundable.
Thank you! This is so helpful. We were considering going to Gay Days this year but didn't know there's usually a discount offered.

Has anyone had any luck with Gay Days park tickets? I can't get the link to work from their webpage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter