Good Spots in the Parks for a stroller nap.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
We are taking my DGS for his 1st trip and 2nd birthday in 11 days. Our crew consist of, Mommy, Daddy, Mimi and Pop.... and a birthday boy on his 1st trip.

Normally we are go back to the room mid-day family for some pool time and nap. But January hours are shorter and DGS is a kind of kid that would fall asleep on the bus on the way back, then wake up when it stops ready to go again. DD and I have been looking at all the areas that my work so we can get out of the masses, shaded and a bit quieter. So I thought I would go to the experts for some real time been there and it did or didn't work out.

Thanks in advance.:thanks:

every park has a baby care center that has couches and chairs, along with private nursing rooms. if you would rather stay outside in AK there is a little path that is on the right as you are heading from asia to africa that is very shady and quiet. I had my grandson nap in his stroller there last year while everyone else was on EE. the other parks I am not sure about, can't think of anything off the top of my head.

At Mk, we often go to the Tomorrowland Terrace, it's covered (so protects from sun, rain etc.), there are bathroom there, you can see the castle and hear/see from a distance parts of any parades/shows that might be going on on Main St. or the Castle, and close to Plaza Ice Cream, so we often get snack there lol. The only issue, is this won't work late afternoon/evening as they get ready for and have the Wishes dessert party there.

at magic kingdom in liberty square kinda almost behind the Christmas shoppe (has it closed?) theres a quite area with trees and benches. it's not totally out of the way but not a mad rush of people around.

epcot over towards universe of energy ride is some seating (not shaded) but still kinda out of the way of the crowds.

Directly in front of Norway looking over the lagoon is a nice set of shaded benches. Last time we went DD napped for 45 mins while my parents, DS and I snacked and relaxed in the shade. The gardens in the United Kingdom are a nice respite from the crowds. World Showcase in general is full of hidden quiet spots that can be great for naps. Once when DS was a baby, I left MK and just rode the monorail for an hour while he napped. The next day during his nap, we explored the Poly for the first time. At AK, I found it more difficult to find non-crowded areas. Basically I just pushed DD around until she fell asleep and pulled the stroller shade down.

I would also recommend bringing a thin blanket and clips to cover them. We found when we traveled with our 2yr old the second we covered him he would crash.

I would also recommend bringing a thin blanket and clips to cover them. We found when we traveled with our 2yr old the second we covered him he would crash.
that's a great idea we will be going in late November so having it during the cooler times in the evening would be great too. those thin fleece throws for like $2 at th dollar store will be great

Be careful doing this in hot months. Heat gets trapped in stroller and babies overheat.
Leave plenty of vents open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter