Golden Corral

My family and I enjoy Golden Corral. No it is NOT a 5 star restaurant, but the food is decent for the price. Our favorite one is off International Drive South I believe. I know how to get there, but not sure of address. I know it's near Westwood Blvd. It used to be a Wood Fire Grill which was nice too. A little smaller than most other Golden Corrals but the food stays in rotation often. I have never had a BAD MEAL. Where else can you get all you can eat Shrimp and Prime Rib for under $20? Breakfast is better than most places in my opinion. Omlettes and Waffles made to order. A complete all you can eat breakfast for less than $10 per person.

There's one across from Publix (Celebration) on us 192. They are on opposite side of 192.

My family and I enjoy Golden Corral. No it is NOT a 5 star restaurant, but the food is decent for the price. Our favorite one is off International Drive South I believe. I know how to get there, but not sure of address. I know it's near Westwood Blvd. It used to be a Wood Fire Grill which was nice too. A little smaller than most other Golden Corrals but the food stays in rotation often. I have never had a BAD MEAL. Where else can you get all you can eat Shrimp and Prime Rib for under $20? Breakfast is better than most places in my opinion. Omlettes and Waffles made to order. A complete all you can eat breakfast for less than $10 per person.
True.. if you can stomach the quality of prime rib and shrimp.
It's NOT good stuff. In fact, it was down right nasty last time we had it. You couldn't pay me $20 to eat that swill.

MG

Not all locations are the same. We found the one in Kissimmee on West Irlo Bronson to be better than others we tried in the area. Golden Corral offers a free birthday meal coupon if you sign up for their club. It is valid for weeks around a birthday. That makes breakfast for 2 for under $9 including drinks. I get their made to order omelets and eat lots of fresh fruit and think it is a great value. This location serves breakfast every day. If you come a little after 10, you can try some of the lunch items as well. I find more to like at breakfast than lunch.

They are nasty! Unsupervised children sticking their germy hands into the toppings for ice cream doesn't help. I do not eat at most open buffets. I can't stomach the cheap and poorly monitored food that often gets other food dropped into it by mistake. Is that a shrimp in my potatoes? LOL.

Just are the candy places that you fill a bag. I have watched children lick the sour candy and put it back and then someone scoop into a bag.

Chiming in here to say that we do not eat at places like this regularly, and I have high standards for my food, but every time we go to Legoland we go to the Golden Corral afterward. After a long day at the park, it's relaxing to go somewhere where the kids can just eat what they want, it's cheap, it's close, some of it is actually pretty good. Like I said, I am usually a food snob. I live and work in a city amongst top restaurants. It's a meal, it's fine.

They are nasty! Unsupervised children sticking their germy hands into the toppings for ice cream doesn't help. I do not eat at most open buffets. I can't stomach the cheap and poorly monitored food that often gets other food dropped into it by mistake. Is that a shrimp in my potatoes? LOL.

Just are the candy places that you fill a bag. I have watched children lick the sour candy and put it back and then someone scoop into a bag.
And the people that lick their fingers then pick up the next serving spoon. Cheap food is just that, cheap food.

we usually hit the Sizzler for breakfast one morning during our trips. Mainly to be charged like $7 for all you can eat. Seems like such a bargain after WDW pricing. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When my kids were little we occasionally went to a local Golden Corral which was fairly new. It was bright and clean with decent food and a good selection for a famiily. Over a couple of years it seemed to deteriorate in quality and cleanliness. On our final visit I went to the restroom and found it in such a horrendous condition that we walked out never to return. There was no way anyone there had clean hands. It turned me off of golden corral for life.

I agree with the others it's disgusting. We went to one once and never again! We felt sick after eating there..

Some people don't care as long as it is inexpensive. Great logic.:rolleyes1

Inexpensive has little to do with it. We have witnessed the same Golden Corral offences (all of which have been mentioned in this thread, from poor quality food to kids with poor buffet hygiene practices) at Chef Mickey's. Guest behaviour was just as abysmal in many cases too. And certainly, the price points of those two meals were not even comparable.

By your logic, Chef Mickey's should have been top quality food served on a sparkling clean buffet with no little children running amok and unsupervised. That absolutely was not the case on our visit.

To the OP, breakfast was only served at the south I-Drive location (near Marriott Grande Vista) on the weekends. Or at least, that was the case when we last visited in December.

By your logic, Chef Mickey's should have been top quality food served on a sparkling clean buffet with no little children running amok and unsupervised. That absolutely was not the case on our visit.

By your logic, everyone knows Chef Mickey's is horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter