Going Dress Shopping

Those are great. I really like the first one. You are right that would be absolutely gorgeous with a red rose bouquet. I usually don't like gowns with color, but that is very sophisticated and beautiful. I didn't like the last one as much, but I think that’s because I'm partial to strapless or thin straps. They are all beautiful and would look great on a Disney Bride. You'll definitely look like a princess. Let us know when you decide!! I only had to try on five dresses before I picked out mine. The way I knew it was the one was because when I walked out with it on, everyone ooed and ahhed. All my bridesmaids and mom and dad were there.

I have to agree with the others. The dress with the red is very unique and the detailing on the back of that dress is incredible however I dont think I personally like the red. If you wedding is in the winter months then wow yes that would be great. You could chose red pointsetters as well as red roses however I would prefer that dress in the other colors it offers White/Iridescent, , White/Lavender, Cream/Champagne, and Cream/Lavender.
The lavender must look stunning.
Reason why I chose this dress as my first pick in the other colors is that the front of the dress is beautiful however it is not over done to take away from the bride. Since you are on the altar with your back to your guest most of the time the back of this dress is absolutely beautiful, imagine it pinned up at the ceremony, it must look really beautiful. What great pictures this dress would take as well.

My second choice was dress # 2. It looks just like a Maggie dress.
The style is similar in the front as well as the corset style in the back however other than the corsette in the back everything else is so plain back there.

As for the last dress you showed me, I was not too crazy about it.

I know that the dress you pick will be the perfect dress for you and you will look absolutely beautiful in it. What bride doesnt????

Wow yes the red detail is different but I'm with ellie I would only have this if I was having a Xmas/Winter Wedding but I love the style.

I really like the Romeo & Juliet dress - it's very simple I would wear this one if I was getting married at Magic Kingdom by the castle.

I tried on about 10 dresses before I tried on "the one" which incidentally was the one I went straight to when my MoH and I walked into the shop I knew it was the one as we were both rendered speechless when it was on princess:

This was my dress, to give you an idea of my taste, so you can thereby disregard my opinion if you hate it! ;)
4024.jpg

I liked your 1st choice as well, and I disagree with the others that the red is better for Christmas. I think it would be lovely for any wedding. Red roses are for love.:lovestruc And they rather tie into Beauty and the Beast.
And yes, the back of the dress is gorgeous, and would make a great image while you're at the altar.

I do like dress #3 much better than #2. Obviously I like long chiffon sleeves.;)

But whatever you decide is the right choice! Have fun planning!

Oh and by the way, about wearing a strapless dress--I bought some double-sided tape at the bridal shop to tape my dress to me so it would not move. It's not like regular Scotch double-sided tape, it's for clothing and more flexible, kinda rubbery tape. You might not need it, but it helped me have peace of mind on my big day.:teeth:

Oh Laura I just had to say how much I love your dress - oh to have a figure to wear something like that.

And you're right about the Beauty and Beast theming I hadn't thought of that :)

LOL I actually DON'T have a great figure(that model is stick-thin!), but the dress is actually a quite forgiving A-line and has several layers of chiffon. I also added a split skirt to it. And the sleeves were nice coverage for my arms, which aren't the buffest, to say the least. I just loved those sleeves! One other good thing was that compared to a lot of dresses I tried on, this one wasn't very heavy. Okay, enough about me!

And I don't know your theme, inloveindisney, but if I'd gotten married in WDW with red roses on my dress, I'd have gone totally Beauty and the Beast. Especially since I'm a brunette with brown eyes, like Belle! I know, I know, I had my wedding, but I loved planning mine. It was fun seeing all the options out there and the different styles of weddings. I should do a vow renewal like ellieb!;) That would be fun!

Laura - Your dress was beautiful. It looks so Enchanting. I LOVE those sleeves. What a simple but elegant dress. HHMMM perfect for me VR :teeth:

We should all get together in a couple of years and do a multi Disney VR. Wouldnt that be cool. LOL!!! With all our knowledge on Disney weddings and VR it would be a VR celebration to die for. LOL!!!

As for the Beauty and the Beast theme, I didnt think of that one. I guess this dress could work for that however still not for me.

I can see why when you saw "the dress" Fantasia Sam that you knew it was the one after seeing a pic of it that you sent me. Did you notice that your counter is now down to 114 days. :earseek:

Yup we definitely need to know your theme inloveindisney I love hearing about wedding themes

Ellie - I know 114 days to the wedding but OMG it actually 101 days before I leave the UK for WDW and I am sooooo not ready..... now that is sooo scary LOL

Your not ready!!!!Fantasia Sam!!! OMG!!! What else do you have to do?????? Can I help in any way?? I will be in Disney from March 8-15 then off to Vero beach so if there is anything you need me to get for you before you go or to check for you just let me know ok I would be happy to do it for you.

That goes for any of the Disney Brides to be. If you are looking for something and cant find it via internet just let me know and I will check while shopping one day.
I wish someone had done this for me as I was searching endlessly for mickey mouse wedding bands and we ended up getting a band that is beautiful however not what we truely wanted. Anyway while shopping in Downtown Disney one Day after my wedding we noticed that they carry Mickey wedding bands. I was soo disappointed. The CM gave me the sku # so this way when you have our VR we can order them before we get there and have those rings instead of the ones we have know.
We will put the ones we have now on necklaces because they are after all the original wedding rings.

SO just let me know ok.

Laura-That dress is gorgeous. I really like that one!

I found that dress with the red in it for 500.00 today I couldn't believe the price because everywhere else it was 600 or more!

Ellie! I would love to see a pic of those mickey wedding bands!:teeth:

inloveindisney- When I am there in March I will take a picture of them. They also have these bands at the Yacht Club Gallery store. All the times I have stayed there before my wedding and not once did I notice them. As soon as I take the picture of them I will post it here.
I do know that they are 14K gold and cost $325.00 each. The sku # if you call Disney Market place (1-407-363-6200) is 40011080167 . I will check for others as well. The CM told me that they soon will be coming out with a fine jewerly wedding line. Wedding bands. earrings for bride, tiara's for brides ect. however could not give me a date. She just new that it was talked about. Now lets see...... this was in May so maybe when I get there the line will be there.:teeth: Wouldnt that be nice. If you need anything else just let me know.

inloveindisney,

Here is a photo of the Mickey wedding band available at DTD. It is around $325.

43347162.jpg

HTH

YEP!!!!! Thats it!!!!! Thats the wedding band however that picture does it no justice at all. Looks much better in person.

So my fiance just looked at the Mickey wedding band and I thought he was going to kill me! I guess its a no go for us! lol! No mickey wedding band and he's put a stop to my Disney home decor...maybe I need to rethink this marriage lol! Ok well he'll sleep in the pastel Mickey bedroom and eat off the pastel Mickey kitchenware so its ok I guess! lol!

I guess I better count my blessing then ilovefh because my husband thought they were really nice and was willing to get them right then and there for us to save for our VR. He not only sleeping in Mickey Bedding but he has mickey pajamas. :earseek:
HOW OLD ARE WE AGAIN??? LOL!!!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

HOW OLD ARE WE AGAIN??? LOL!!!

But it's oh so fun!!

We actually met in WDW so I know I can get him to come back to WDW whenever I want...and he begs to come back too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter