• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go Home, December. You're Drunk. - A December 2015 TR - COMPLETED

Been there! It's funny once your fall behind its soooo hard to get caught up! I won't have an update for a few days (on the TR, may have one on my neglected PTR) so you have some time :)
I'm gonna try to get caught up today! That's my only goal for this weekend! Because priorities! :thumbsup2

I'm here too!
Love those nails and your festive Disney attire.
Going off to read the DR now.
Can't wait to read more...
Yay, I'm so glad you're here! :hug:

Like everyone else here, I can't wait to read more about your trip. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
Thank YOU for taking the time to read my ramblings! :welcome:

So...I lurk and always read your trip reports. I just have to comment to tell you that the picture of you in front of the castle is FABULOUS! You look great!
Awww, thank you soooo much!!!! :hug:

I'm here!!! So excited you started your report!!! I love your nails and your face paint pic, that may be one of my favorites so far!
Yay, hi! :wave2: Yeah, I was pretty pleased with my facepaint, too!

I'm here! Excited to read more about your trip!
YAY!!!! You made it!!! :hug:

The drive down sounds nice and easy - it must have been nice to have someone to split the driving duty with!
It was certainly a pleasant change! ::yes::

It sounds like a great few hours in MK - you even braved Small World!
I know! Aren't you super proud of me! :rotfl:

I'm sorry your MVMCP night had to end early. Ours did too (ahem, TR started...) for at least some of the people in our party. I hope everyone got some rest for a big day at Universal!
I'm watching your TR! I swear! I just need to sit down and read and get caught up! I'm SO FAR BEHIND on everybody's threads! :scared:

Your nails are so perfect. Gonna have to see if i can get someone to do that to mine for our next trip.
They're pretty simple! I think any manicurist that does nail art designs could do it for you!

Wow, I didn't realize you were so close. Our best friends are moving to Savannah in the next year and now I realize we can fly to Savannah and then head to Disney without too long of a drive.
Yeah! I'm just 45-60 minutes north of Savannah. WDW is just another 4.5 hours from there for me. Relatively easy drive, too. :cutie:

Great picture, I've never been able to get anything close to this.
Me either, but usually because I'm driving! I was READY and waiting with my camera so I could finally grab this shot for myself!

Love all the Christmas bling!
Thanks! I actually wore it all again on Christmas Eve, to work and to lunch and to the movies and to family time. :santa:

Why are there no photos of this? Or at least some security camera footage ; )
I know, right?! I was being SUPER AWESOME and there is zero proof!

I've just found your pre trip/trip reports and have fallen in love! This trip sounds fantastic so far. I can't wait to read all about the rest of it.
Aww, you're so sweet! I'm glad you're here! :welcome:

Hi Billie! Happy (very) belated birthday! Love, love your Christmas party outfit! Looks like a great start to your trip. :)

Merry Christmas & happy New Year!

Following along! Last day of our trip is tomorrow, but we've been done with Disney since Christmas Eve. :sad: These pages are such a help in bridging Disney happiness and depression!

Ok, just thought I would let you know that your report was in what I call the "trending" section at the bottom of the pages here on the DIS...

And I NEED an update!:rolleyes1

And I hope you had a FABULOUS Christmas!

Hi Billie! Happy (very) belated birthday! Love, love your Christmas party outfit! Looks like a great start to your trip. :)

Merry Christmas & happy New Year!
I wore the same outfit, ears and all, on Christmas Eve! :santa:

Following along! Last day of our trip is tomorrow, but we've been done with Disney since Christmas Eve. :sad: These pages are such a help in bridging Disney happiness and depression!
I hope you've have a WONDERFUL trip and will tell us all about it upon your return! :cutie:

Ok, just thought I would let you know that your report was in what I call the "trending" section at the bottom of the pages here on the DIS...
I've learned not to trust that "Trending" section. For me, threads pop up in it ALL THE TIME that haven't been touched in many years. It's super weird! :confused3

And I NEED an update!:rolleyes1
I'm working on it! Don't get to excited. There's very little to write about in the next update. I'll try to do it tonight, just stay calm! :rotfl:

And I hope you had a FABULOUS Christmas!
And you as well, Lynn! :hug:

Can't wait to hear what happens next! Love the "essentials" that you brought especially the crown!

Yeah, I was slightly bummed about the cost and missing 2.5 hours of it all, but sometimes things don't work out. It's not her fault she didn't feel well, and was overwhelmed by the amount of walking.

Very true! My last trip included more blisters than than I'd care to remember. At some point, I gave up and went back to the resort to figure out a Plan B.

Can't wait to hear what happens next! Love the "essentials" that you brought especially the crown!
A princess simply MUST equip her tiara whilst at Disney! princess:

Very true! My last trip included more blisters than than I'd care to remember. At some point, I gave up and went back to the resort to figure out a Plan B.
Yeah. My aunt, god love her, I think she ended up spending more time in the room than in the parks because of her poor feet. :sad2:

Found your new TR today, you off to a great start! I'm looking forward to reading all about the rest of the trip. I feel for your Aunt, I have had feet issues on most of my recent WDW trips (Blisters, plantar fasciitis, etc), not too much fun. I usually power through it though.

Hi Billie! :wave:

I'm so glad I'm able to join this report at the beginning considering how much time I've been away from the DIS. :blush: I remember when you started your PTR it seemed like so far away. Time flies!

I love your nails and all your extra bling especially those beads you're wearing at the xmas party.

one of the very few attractions that Aunt Debby asked for... It's a Small World. Those of you who have followed my previous reports know that I'm not a fan... But she was just so happy that it made me happy to ride it with her!

That was so sweet of you!

20151204_173423-1.jpg

Love this pic of you!

It was so cute! Followed by Celebrate the Magic and Holiday Wishes. Sigh. Loved it!

Sounds amazing. I hope I get to see it during the holidays someday.

Thank goodness Disney is the BEST, and not only remembered for me, but slipped them covertly into my room while I was out at MK. Hooray!

How lovely that your friend thought of you and Disney is awesome!

Um, yeah, how did I completely miss the fact that you started your TR?!?!?! DOH. I guess it's because I've been MIA of late. LOL but hopefully now that the holiday craziness has died down I can focus my attention back on the DIS!!

I love that picture of you in front of the castle at night!!! It's a great picture!!!

DAY 2
December 5th, 2015 - Saturday
Universal Orlando, Ohana, and Art of Animation!

***Sadly there's pretty much no photos of our time at Universal, which is unfortunate because I made a special shirt that I wore to the parks, but there's no pictures of me there wearing it! But here's photos of the shirt the night that my mom and I finished it:

Front:
11836924_10205777806257785_5685134461581757896_n.jpg

Back:
11796257_10205777806497791_2372513399259275196_n.jpg

So! I woke up earlier that morning than Mark and Debby and headed down to Landscape of Flavors, and got me some breakfast, then headed back down to the room just as they were ready to go. We made our way to the car, broke down my scooter, loaded it into the back of the Journey, and then we were off to Universal for the day!

I had warned Mark that I'd been told by my friend who is a Team Member at Universal to be careful with GPS directions because they usually try to take you to the employee parking garage, and that once we were in the area, just follow the signs instead. Well. He listened to the GPS directions. And guess where we ended up? :rotfl: So once we got ourselves turned around (all the while calling the GPS lady a filthy liar and all kinds of other colorful names), we found our way to the Preferred parking, unloaded my ECV, and away we went!

7kn27lnYSAE9O.gif

After we walked through CityWalk and was approaching the entrance to Universal Studios Florida, I asked Debby if we should get a photo in front of the big Universal globe. She gave me a look like I was insane, so I dropped it. Shame, though, it's usually a cool photo!

Got to the Will Call electronic kiosks outside the parks, and typed in all the information my TM friend had emailed me, and out popped three complimentary 1-Day Park-to-Park tickets for us. SCORE!!!

d2Zlbe97YmGvk0ec.gif

We made our way into the park, and the long trek to the back where Diagon Alley is. It was already pretty dang crowded, and I knew there was one very specific thing that Debby and Mark wanted to do here, so I lead them over to Ollivanders. We wound our way through the long corridors, and finally into a tiny room with a counter of sorts, the door sliding shut behind us and maybe a dozen other guests. The "Wand Keeper," an associate of Mr. Ollivander's, entered the room and begins addressing the crowd.

Now those of you who have done this attraction knows what goes on in here. But for those who haven't, here's a short video:

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in my hair to match my shirt.) Sadly, there are no photos or video, because we had one camera between us all, MINE, and there just wasn't time for me to dig out it of my bag, pass it to Mark, and show him how to use it. Not that I even thought of doing so, I was so very much in shock. But it was SUPER COOL to get picked by the actor... I had so much fun with it!

And of course, the wand that "chose me" was purchased and brought home. I mean... IT CHOSE ME!:

20151229_225539-1.jpg

The wand my birthday gift from Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby, as was the stand! :cutie:

After the show, we made our into the retail wand shop, where Mark and Debby each picked out an interactive wand for themselves. Sadly, no photos of their wands, but on the walls, they had these plaques that told you about each wand type. I did get some snaps of those:

BILLIE:
20151205_095359-1.jpg

MARK:
20151205_095354-1.jpg

DEBBY:
20151205_094409-1.jpg

And those, folks, are the only photos taken ALL DAY at Universal. :rotfl:

From there we walked around a bit, browsed through the shops, and drank Butterbeer. (Mmmm... :cloud9: ) We debated lunch a little bit, but decided to wait. Debby and I offered to have a seat and wait if Mark wanted to ride the Gringotts ride (I'm too fat for Universal rides), but he declined. I kept trying to hang around a bit, staring up at the sky... I reeeeeally wanted the dragon to breath fire while we were watching! He never did, though.

F77lbfwEAnYNG.gif

Finally I gave up on him, and we made our way over to Islands of Adventure via Platform 9 and 3/4. We had the entire cabin on the Hogwarts Express to ourselves, which was nice! Then we headed for lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I had a turkey leg since I didn't have plans for one on any of our Disney days. (Smart, right?) Mark and Debby each got chicken, I think. They were both very pleased with their meals, I remember that much.

We walked around and shopped a bit more, and Mark and Debby went and did the walk-through of Hogwarts. (It has stairs and isn't ECV accessible, and I saw it last year, so I decided to sit this one out.) After that they were about ready to move on, so we headed into the Jurassic Park part of the park because Debby wanted a t-shirt from there. Then we dipped back into Hogsmeade, rode the train back to Diagon Alley. However, this time we were with a family that talked loudly the whole time and had zero interest in hearing the stuff that goes on in the hallway or outside the window, plus they had teenager who kept playing the same 10 seconds of some song on their phone...

sRirXOIam0U00.gif

We disembarked in London and made our way out into the whole of Universal Studios. It was about 2pm, and we were discussing what to do next, I know my uncle had mentioned wanting to have a beer at Moe's, when Debby said she was ready to go. She wasn't feeling well and her feet were hurting. So we called it a day. We made the very long walk back through the park, then CityWalk, then the parking structure, to our car. Mark broke down my ECV and loaded it into the car, and we made the relatively quick and easy drive back to AoA for some rest.

I can't remember, but I think I may have napped a little bit. I did clean up and change into a fresh shirt for dinner. I was getting restless just sitting in the room but it wasn't time to leave for dinner yet, so I decided to go resort exploring! Picture time!

First, some exterior shots of our section, The Little Mermaid buildings:

20151205_175903-1.jpg

20151205_180051-1.jpg

20151205_180130-1.jpg

20151205_180152-1.jpg

I wandered into the Lion King section, but the light was too dim to get any good shots. So I resolved to come back on another day to continue my photo touring during the day!

Letting my meandering continue, I found myself in the lobby, where mad shutter-bugging happened (I think I felt compelled to make up for the photo-less day):

20151205_180800-1.jpg

20151205_180858-1.jpg

20151205_181455-1.jpg

20151205_181603-1.jpg

20151205_181645-1.jpg

20151205_180749-1.jpg

20151205_180919-1.jpg

Oh, hi! :cutie:

I noticed it was about time to head out, so I called Mark and they were ready. I scooted on back down to our rooms, and plugged in my wheels for the night. We jumped back in the car, and headed out for our dinner ADR.

We got to the Polynesian, and the gate guard advised us that the guest parking lot was completely FULL. Say whaaaat! So went ended up having to do valet (oh poor us!) because I wasn't about to be walking from the TTC. Mark & Debby had never done valet before, plus us driving my grandparent's vehicle, they were a little nervous, but I assured them everything would be fine. (I love doing valet, but I'm spoiled and lazy!)

We actually arrived much earlier than I anticipated, so we did a little shopping in Boutiki. There, I found this adorable silk hair flower that matched the pink stripes on my shirt...

20151229_225920-1.jpg

Had I been thinking, I would have headed down to Trader Sam's for a drink before dinner, but it completely slipped my mind. DOH! :headache: Instead, we just checked-in early for dinner, and found some comfy lobby chairs to chill out in. While relaxing, I snapped these Christmas decorations...

20151205_200129-1.jpg

Finally our pager buzzed, and it was time to introduce Mark & Debby to the oh-so-delicious world of Disney dining!

20151205_220121-1.jpg

We lucked out and got a great table by the windows, and got to see the Electrical Water Pageant go by! And then of course, some of the noms...

20151205_210411-1.jpg

20151205_213950-1.jpg

For a more detailed review of our eats and more pics, be sure to check out my Dining Report HERE!

Oh, and our server was lovely! We even got lei'd, see?

20151205_211940-1.jpg

On the way out of the restaurant, I stopped and said "Whaddup?" to my old pal...

20151205_220108-1.jpg

Then we headed out and had the valet attendant retrieve our car... Which was perfectly fine, of course!

When we got back to the resort, I noticed a few details around the Little Mermaid section that I'd missed during my earlier photo-snapping, so I decided to correct that situation!

20151205_224412-1.jpg

20151205_224431-1.jpg

20151205_224459-1-1.jpg

20151205_224532-1-1.jpg

My photo mission accomplished, I made my way the short distance back to my room, and called it a night!

Up Next... Epcot & Hollywood Studios!

Last edited:
Found your new TR today, you off to a great start! I'm looking forward to reading all about the rest of the trip. I feel for your Aunt, I have had feet issues on most of my recent WDW trips (Blisters, plantar fasciitis, etc), not too much fun. I usually power through it though.
Yeah, turns out that she has plantar fasciitis, also. :sad:

Hi Billie! :wave:

I'm so glad I'm able to join this report at the beginning considering how much time I've been away from the DIS. :blush: I remember when you started your PTR it seemed like so far away. Time flies!
I'm so glad you've come "home" now! :cutie:

I love your nails and all your extra bling especially those beads you're wearing at the xmas party.
Thanks! Girl, you know I'm all about some bling! princess:

Love this pic of you!
Thanks! Is it weird that I usually like my selfies better than photos others take of me?? :laughing:

Sounds amazing. I hope I get to see it during the holidays someday.
You will! Book you a holiday trip, girl! SOOO worth it! :santa:

How lovely that your friend thought of you and Disney is awesome!
Yeah, Lauren and Disney are both fantastic! :thumbsup2

Um, yeah, how did I completely miss the fact that you started your TR?!?!?! DOH. I guess it's because I've been MIA of late. LOL but hopefully now that the holiday craziness has died down I can focus my attention back on the DIS!!
Welcome back, Su-Lynn! I missed you! :hug:

I love that picture of you in front of the castle at night!!! It's a great picture!!!
Thanks!!! I'm glad I stopped for it, in all my holiday finery! :rotfl:

An update! YEAH! When's the next one...

I really need to make it over to Universal, but I am glad you mentioned the stairs and things. That may be a hindrance to us. We are too large for the portable EVC's so we would have to arrange for a delivery plus still do stairs...not happening at least for me.

Love the Christmas tree! It looks like it may be an ornament garland of sorts, but it made me giggle that there are a whole bunch of ornaments at the bottom of the tree in the picture (like they had some little ones helping them decorate! :) )

Great picture of you in front of the tree!

Nice pictures of the resort! I can't wait until October!!!

Awe you HAVE to valet park...I love Valet park too, but I will also have a chauffeur when I win that lottery.

And the hair flower is super cute! Did you immediately put it in your hair when you bought it?

I will be going over to your dining report after lunch. I don't think I could stand to see it right now. It would be interesting what I might do for some of their pot stickers right now.

You got laid at O'hana's! HOW DID I MISS THAT! I need to go back and get laid....oh wait you said "Lei-ed" ...oops. :rotfl2::scared1::rotfl:

An update! YEAH! When's the next one...
Well, originally the PLAN was to do an update at least once a week. But I went 10 days between this update and the last. So... I make no promises!

I really need to make it over to Universal, but I am glad you mentioned the stairs and things. That may be a hindrance to us. We are too large for the portable EVC's so we would have to arrange for a delivery plus still do stairs...not happening at least for me.
Okay, so more about this...

1. I'm too big for MOST portable scooters, too. However, if you rent from Walker Mobility, ALL of their scooters break down into 4 pieces, even the larger models that carry up to 500 lbs. That's who I rented from, and that's the only reason we were able to take mine with us on this trip.

2. Last year, I rented from another company, and just left my scooter from them in my hotel room for the day. I just drove to Universal, and paid the $50 or so to rent one of theirs to use in their parks. The only bad thing about this plan, aside from costing me a little more, was that the walk through the parking structure, then alllll the way through CityWalk, then to the front entrance of either park (where the rental scooters/wheelchairs are) is a verrrrrrrrrrrrry long journey for somebody who needs an ECV. So having my scooter from Walker with me this time around was a blessing.

3. The stairs are only inside the Hogwarts castle. See, Hogwarts houses a ride, and most people just see the inside of the castle while queued. However, for Pooh-sized people like us who can't ride, or people with motion sickness issues, or any other of the multitude of reasons somebody would not want to ride... There is a separate line for the "Castle Tour" which allows people to walk through the castle at their leisure without queuing for the ride. There's only one set of stairs, and it's in this great area with portraits of the four Founders discussing Harry Potter and Quidditch, etc. I took my time going up the stairs, and paused and leaned on the rail for a while, listening to them talk because I wanted to hear their entire conversation loop. So it really wasn't so bad! I was pretty drained and reaching my max pain tolerance by the time I got back to my scooter, though, and was VERY glad to sit my butt down! :laughing:

Love the Christmas tree! It looks like it may be an ornament garland of sorts, but it made me giggle that there are a whole bunch of ornaments at the bottom of the tree in the picture (like they had some little ones helping them decorate! :) )

Great picture of you in front of the tree!
I loved this tree!!! Something about the colors just called to me!!! :goodvibes

Nice pictures of the resort! I can't wait until October!!!
Ooooh, are ya'll staying at AoA in October? I have no idea, since somebody hasn't started a PTR for her next trip yet... :rolleyes1

Awe you HAVE to valet park...I love Valet park too, but I will also have a chauffeur when I win that lottery.
I know it's such an unnecessary luxury, it really is... But when you have mobility issues, hoofing it from the very back of those Deluxe parking lots SUCKS. I'll happily cough up an extra $23 bucks or so for my own comfort and convenience! So being told that ONLY valet parking was available saved me the trouble of trying justify the cost! :thumbsup2

And the hair flower is super cute! Did you immediately put it in your hair when you bought it?
But of course! You can actually see it in my two Ohana selfies! :cutie:

I will be going over to your dining report after lunch. I don't think I could stand to see it right now. It would be interesting what I might do for some of their pot stickers right now.
Oh man. Those pot stickers and wings are always the best part of Ohana for me! I LOVE THEM! :bitelip:

You got laid at O'hana's! HOW DID I MISS THAT! I need to go back and get laid....oh wait you said "Lei-ed" ...oops. :rotfl2::scared1::rotfl:
You just had me giggling like crazy here at work, woman. :rotfl: Good thing I'm in the office alone currently!

Last edited:
You got chosen by a wand! How awesome.

We are planning on doing 1 day of Universal, just me and my husband on our couples only trip for our 15th anniversary. Since we are really only interested in Harry Potter it looks like we should be fine with that.

I love AoA! I really wish we had decided to stay there for our 4 days, 13 days from now, but cost wise especially with the stay play and dine deal CBR just made a lot more sense. I really like my minions would adore the suites. I would like the mermaid rooms for just me!

Good to know about the info on Universal. I know someone that uses Walker exclusively and love them. I just wish they would deliver and drop off at the resorts-mainly with us driving, we never really know what time we will make it there, and I want to go right when we get there. I will have to look into this when it gets closer.

I normally do not care for white trees, but I agree with you...I LOVE that one. Maybe it's just because it's in WDW!

Yes we are staying at AoA in a NEMO suite!! Never thought I would get that one, but it was available on the very first day that bookings were available and jumped on it! I would love to be in the EPCOT area with you for that time frame, just for the sheer convenience of Food and Wine, but there are not many options that are available that will accommodate us (and my budget!) I probably won't start a PTR until after March (it's my busy season at the mortgage paying job). Plus there are still a lot of things regarding this trip that are still very much in the air. Big things, like budget and who will be joining me.

Glad I could give you for the day...but think of the income opportunity Disney is missing if that was a "menu" item... :) (I will have to tell you about the "surcharge" I keep trying to implement at the store, and no one will go along with me...) And I did not notice the flower in your selfie pics at Ohana because you know I was concentrating on the lei...

Last edited:
I do really appreciate some of the things in this TR, Billie, especially the endurance required for walking. I'm concerned about DH - he just cannot comprehend the distances yet. I did get him some Body Glide for Christmas - he didn't appreciate the gift, but I bet he will at the end of March!

You might want to consider some Desitin also....Body Glide for before...Desitin in case you miss a spot after... I get heat rash in the strangest places, and Desitin is my friend in WDW.

How cool you got chosen for a wand, I've only ever heard of kids being chosen so it's great to know they choose adults too :goodvibes

We're venturing to Universal for the first time next trip as my DD is a huge Potter fan :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter