GKTW Meet: Virginia, (PHOTOS ADDED PAGE 10)

disneym2m

I am only allowed to visit WDW once every 5 years.
6006560128_85cb02787b_m.jpg
Virginia Holiday Dis Meet Information
6006563768_2164bcecb3_m.jpg

ALL WHO WANT TO ATTEND MUST SIGN-UP BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2011 We have to let the restaurant know for staffing purposes.

If You Can't Attend Please Think About Donating
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/melissa-margeson/virginiadismeet

DATE: Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
LOCATION: River Town Café 1282 Alverser Plaza, Midlothian, VA 23113

DETAILS:
1. Wear your Disney holiday outfit, whether a shirt, Mickey ears, and/or pins.
2. Please bring a Christmas ornament for a mystery Christmas ornament exchange. Please make sure your ornament looks fairly new. Please nothing broken or cracked or with a family name printed on it. And if the ornament comes with a box, please provide the box as well.
3. Please take a look at the GKTW wish list. A box will be provided to collect these items. Remember during the holiday season it is better to give than receive.
Their wish list: http://www.gktw.com/help/wishlist.asp?m=help
4. Silent auction to support GKTW. Please bring cash or checks (payable to GKTW: Power Of 10). If anyone wants to donate anything for the auction, please let us know.
5. A 50/50 raffle. Tickets will be sold as 1 for $1.00, 7 for $5.00, 15 for $10.00. The winning ticket will get ½ of the money, GKTW gets the other half.
6. A surprise giveaway every half hour starting at 2:00 PM ending at 4:00 PM.
7. If anyone wants to Pin Trade, wear your lanyard with tradeable pins.
8. Kids’ activities depending on the number of kids attending.
9. Lunch is at your own expense at the Café, but cake will be provided for free. You will have to purchase a bottle drink (they have Coke products, juices, and water). Alcohol can be purchased but please note that ABC rules will apply and YOU WILL be carded.

BONUS: The Café will donate 10% of the proceeds purchased by the Disers for GKTW at this event. You must be wearing your name tag (that we provide) so they will keep track of our receipts separately. The Café manager asks that we DO NOT solicit from anyone outside of our group. If we do, then the 10% donation will be null and void. If an outsider asks about our group and offers a donation, then that is okay. BUT please no soliciting other customers that may be in the Café.

Please note that this meet will have a little bit of a Christmas theme to it. If you do not celebrate Christmas, please let us know so that if you win a door prize it won’t be Christmas related.

When signing up to attend this meet, please provide each name of your family along with ages for children.

We will need some volunteers to help with a few activities, so let us know if you can help.

See you in November. If you have any questions, please let either Cheri (Cherinva) or myself know.

Attendees:
Melissa - Co-Host (disneym2m) and Aaron
Cheri - Co-Host (Cherinva), Steve, Jenn, and Rachael
Kathy and Michael
Tammy-Lynn (tlterrynva) and Mark (markinrichmond)
Andrea (Aburns8)
Christy (sailors_wfe), Dylan, Ellie (2), and Liam (6 mos.)
Kathie (KitiKat), Mike (IrishDadX4), Marissa (20) , Brandon (13), and Isabella (10)
Kathy (katlas&kids), Jeff (15), and Krista (12)
Suzanne (scjo68) and Amanda (14)
Liz (myweegirls), (DEA), Anna (7), and Tessa (4)
Kaiti (JacksLilWench)
Vicki (BriarRose3), Nick, Daria (13), Cori (5), and Anthony (7)
Pete (Webmaster Pete)
Robin (Robin "D) and Angel
Lynn (disneycrazzy) and Stephen
Stacy (Disneybridein2k3)
Nicole
Tim (Guapotimmy) and Shannon (Shannon84)
Kate (kate2961), Randall, and Aidan (10)
Dwayne, Sr. (jdtopgun71), Ginger, Dwayne, Jr. (21), Shelby (16), and Brittany (15)
+3

Attendee Count: 55

I will be attending, Andrea Thomas. It will be just me since DH is working that day.

I'll be attending (myself, DH and 2 kids ages 2 and 6 months at the time).
I'd be happy to donate a cake or baked good to the silent auction:goodvibes

Hmmm...do I want to sign up to be there? :rotfl2: Just kidding.....I'm not sure who will be with me, but just in case sign me up for myself plus 3.

Cheri
Steve (depends on his work schedule that week)
Jenn
Rachael - age 15

I just had a thought.....Rachael loves little kids, so she might be willing to help out with any kids activities...I'll ask her and let you know.

Hmmm...do I want to sign up to be there?

Cheri, whether you actually sign up or not you are counted in BECAUSE you are a co-host and I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!

By the way 100 days from today is our meet. :woohoo:

Cheri, whether you actually sign up or not you are counted in BECAUSE you are a co-host and I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!

By the way 100 days from today is our meet. :woohoo:

I should put a ticker on my signature.

We can come to this one. Our son graduates boot camp the week before. It will be me and DH Mike our oldest daughter Marissa 20y, our youngest son Brandon who is 13y and our youngest daughter Isabelle who is 10y.
Can't wait:banana:

Me too!! Not sure about the kids but put
Kathy
Jeff -15
Krista - 12

Jeff might help with games too. He is a CIT (counselor in training) at the Y camp this summer.

I'm in Hampton so can help also, if needed. Kat

I'm thinking probably not, sad to say. Google Maps show it as a 2 hour drive from my house and we have the cruise in Oct. Would really to attend a VA meet though. If anyone plans 1 closer to Norfolk or Williamsburg I'm likely to show up:thumbsup2

have a great time everybody:banana:

I'm thinking probably not, sad to say. Google Maps show it as a 2 hour drive from my house and we have the cruise in Oct. Would really to attend a VA meet though. If anyone plans 1 closer to Norfolk or Williamsburg I'm likely to show up:thumbsup2

I am sorry you won't be able to attend. Maybe next year we can meet at Busch Gardens. And the following year somewhere else. You know, kind of spread the meets around.

Enjoy your cruise.

Let me know if you want a ride. I live by the MMMBT. It only takes an 1.5 hours to get there.

:grouphug:I will attend with my family DH, DDX2, DS.
5 total. Thanks for setting this up.

Let me know if you want a ride. I live by the MMMBT. It only takes an 1.5 hours to get there.

I'm not that far from the MMMBT myself. I'm not sure its as much a drive issue as it may be a budget issue. Had some unexpected expenses this month, none of them good. And we'll only be home from the cruise for about a month ahead of time. Still have to work out the budget for that. If were more than 3 hours long I'd probably try harder.

i will just have to keep my eye out for future meets. Thank you for the offer though:thumbsup2

Count us in at this point - we have to finagle some logistics, but we would love to be there! There will be four of us - myself, DH (DEA), and our two daughters (by then 7 and 4). Thanks!

XO
Liz

I would love to be able to come to a DIS meet in my old hometown, but unfortunately we'll still be in Bucharest... But I will definitely check out the River Town Cafe next time I'm home! It looks great.

Maybe I can get my parents hooked on the DIS after they meet a few DISers on our Med cruise next week and get them to attend!

Good luck!

I would love to be able to come to a DIS meet in my old hometown, but unfortunately we'll still be in Bucharest... But I will definitely check out the River Town Cafe next time I'm home! It looks great.

Maybe I can get my parents hooked on the DIS after they meet a few DISers on our Med cruise next week and get them to attend!

Good luck!

I am sorry you won't be able to attend. But yes, please, check out the River Town Cafe when you are in town. They have an awesome tomato and Gouda soup.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter