GKTW Fundraiser: A Crafty Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninecrayons

DIS Veteran
A few weeks ago my mom and I were browsing some local fabric stores to try and find some fabric to make curtains for our new place.

We found a little store that was called something like the "Fabric Discount Center." We were browsing through their discount bins in the back where they had giant bolts of fabric for $1.00 per yard and something caught my eye!

fabric-1.jpg

This is the fabric they use to make the quilts in the Nemo rooms at Caribbean Beach! I was stunned to see it in such a place, especially in NYC! However, it turns out that this place gets a lot of leftover runs from fabric mills.

Of course I knew I had to buy some of it, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. After some thinking, I realized this would be a great thing to do as a fundraiser for GKTW/Power of 10.

I have decided I'm going to make tote bags from the fabric and sell them as a GKTW/Power of 10 fundraiser.

frontofbag-1.jpg
backofbag-1.jpg

That is sort of the prototype of the bag we are going to make. It is decently sized - there's actually a roll of paper towels inside to fill it out! We're also going to make a couple of bigger ones featuring the other characters as well.

To that end, I have a few questions:

1. Would people actually be interested in purchasing these? I'm imagining a price point of around $20.

2. I'm thinking the best way to sell these is on eBay as charity auctions. Does anyone have other suggestions of how to do that?

Any other thoughts or ideas would be very welcome!

I LOVE your idea and the bags! :lovestruc
How fun that you stumbled upon this fabric!
And I agree they would make a nice fundraiser for GKTW!

I would think anyone planning a cruise, or a Nemo-fan or just someone who loves a fun tote bag would scoop these up quickly.

And honestly- I think you could ask even a little more than $20- especially since it is a fundraiser.
If you are making them with the intent that all of the money paid goes to GKTW- would even suggest you offer one to the organizers of a few GKTW meets where they are doing a silent auction. They are likely to get even more than $20 that way.

Just a few ideas. If you do offer them here- I will certainly be among your customers. :thumbsup2

Super cool!! I'd buy one!!

We're having a GKTW meet in May; I'd love to buy one & use it in our auction. I'll PM you. :)

I'm going to close this thread so all traffic is directed in the other one. Great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!