GKTW Event: North Texas Meet - March 22, 2014

Ok so I posted the pics that I took with my personal camera on my Facebook page and also on Flickr and I believe I made the ones on Flicr available for everyone to see. If you would like to email me any pics you took I would love to add them. My goal is too make an album for the team once I get moved into my new house in about two weeks. So if you are interested in sending pics my way just send me a private message and I will give you my email address. Also, if you able to please take any pics you would like from my flickr and or Facebook and if it won't let you then please let me know and I am sure we can get something worked out.

For next years event we will also have a Facebook page in addition to the boards so I think that will be an even easier way to show pics of the event.

Here is the link to my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/caseyluvsdisney/sets/72157642772345354/

let me know if you have any questions and once again I truly appreciate all of those who came out today to support Give Kids the World!

Ok so I posted the pics that I took with my personal camera on my Facebook page and also on Flickr and I believe I made the ones on Flicr available for everyone to see. If you would like to email me any pics you took I would love to add them. My goal is too make an album for the team once I get moved into my new house in about two weeks. So if you are interested in sending pics my way just send me a private message and I will give you my email address. Also, if you able to please take any pics you would like from my flickr and or Facebook and if it won't let you then please let me know and I am sure we can get something worked out.

For next years event we will also have a Facebook page in addition to the boards so I think that will be an even easier way to show pics of the event.

Here is the link to my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/caseyluvsdisney/sets/72157642772345354/

let me know if you have any questions and once again I truly appreciate all of those who came out today to support Give Kids the World!

Great Photos, wish we had found this thread months ago. Noticed you are July goer's also... We love going to WDW in July and I love celebrating my Birthday at WDW.

Thanks for sharing the Dis Meet photos.

Bob

Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible! I had a great time, and I picked up a baby shower gift to boot! I didn't get to say much about this yesterday, but this organization is very close to my heart. I have grown up with and loved children who have only had glimpses of childhood. I'm so glad to have been able to support an organization who makes that possible. I've been with a family who just wishes for a moment when their child forgets about the oxygen and the wheelchair and is just able to be a child, however brief that moment is. I've seen the eyes of the child who is using their wheelchair to dance and feels no different than the child jumping up and down next to them. It is overwhelmingly beautiful. It is no wonder I am so in love with a place that can make that possible. Thanks again for giving of your time and resources to such an amazing cause! :goodvibes

Thanks for throwing a great fundraiser meet! And thanks for posting the link to the photos.

Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible! I had a great time, and I picked up a baby shower gift to boot! I didn't get to say much about this yesterday, but this organization is very close to my heart. I have grown up with and loved children who have only had glimpses of childhood. I'm so glad to have been able to support an organization who makes that possible. I've been with a family who just wishes for a moment when their child forgets about the oxygen and the wheelchair and is just able to be a child, however brief that moment is. I've seen the eyes of the child who is using their wheelchair to dance and feels no different than the child jumping up and down next to them. It is overwhelmingly beautiful. It is no wonder I am so in love with a place that can make that possible. Thanks again for giving of your time and resources to such an amazing cause! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing this. I'm getting really passionate about this organization because I have an illness and I know what I go through and it breaks my heart that kids have to go through pain and the possibility of not living a full life. It really touches my heart and I can't wait to raise even more money next year!

Thanks for throwing a great fundraiser meet! And thanks for posting the link to the photos.

You're very welcome! It was so fun and I think our next meet will be even better. We came into this as newbies but the 4 of us who planned have even started talking about next year. We are ready to plan and raise even more!

Our first goal is finding a bigger space so more people can attend!

just wanted to say me and my son had a good time and was fun meeting folks from the podcast thanks so much to organizers

I started a Facebook page for next years event. I thought it might be easier for all of us to chat and come up with ideas. We would love to have people help roundup donations that we can use in the silent auction and raffle. Anyways here is the page please join and let's plan 2015!!!

https://m.facebook.com/Ntexasdismeet

Is there a reason we can't just use a thread on our DIS meets forum for this? This is why we created that forum, and branching off to another tool or site to discuss planning a meet for members of our discussion forum just seems odd.

A few of the most recent area DIS meets we're arranged and communicated mostly via email, which also felt odd and awkward to me. And exclusionary, as only those who were on that email list would know about those meets. Here on the DIS is where we all are, and where others in the area who are interested in joining will find us.

:confused3

Is there a reason we can't just use a thread on our DIS meets forum for this? This is why we created that forum, and branching off to another tool or site to discuss planning a meet for members of our discussion forum just seems odd. A few of the most recent area DIS meets we're arranged and communicated mostly via email, which also felt odd and awkward to me. And exclusionary, as only those who were on that email list would know about those meets. Here on the DIS is where we all are, and where others in the area who are interested in joining will find us. :confused3

Well I didn't create one for the last meet but some people asked us to so now we have it in both places and can get the word out more. All information will be posted in both places

Is there a reason we can't just use a thread on our DIS meets forum for this? This is why we created that forum, and branching off to another tool or site to discuss planning a meet for members of our discussion forum just seems odd.

A few of the most recent area DIS meets we're arranged and communicated mostly via email, which also felt odd and awkward to me. And exclusionary, as only those who were on that email list would know about those meets. Here on the DIS is where we all are, and where others in the area who are interested in joining will find us.

We attended the Texas meet a couple of years ago but lost track of this years meet. I thought that I read that it was canceled, was that last years?

Not all of us search all of the forums or listen to the Pod Casts so we miss out. Someone posted that Pete was going to attend, then nothing. He wasn't on the signup list and by the time I talked to DW, the list was closed.

I realize that putting on these events can be a lot of work and I salute the people who take on challenge, but better advertising, taking deposits, getting a larger venue, and publishing the auction items, would get more to attend and increase donations to GKTW.

:disrocks:

:earsboy: Bill

Well I didn't create one for the last meet but some people asked us to so now we have it in both places and can get the word out more. All information will be posted in both places

I actually like having it in multiple places so that more people are likely to see it. I have felt like the DIS Meets forum is pretty much dead, but maybe it's not. What do the numbers show these days?

That's why some of us started using e-mail and Facebook. The traffic was so slow on the Meets forum. Years ago when you (Kathy) and I used to plan the DFW meets, I'd advertise them on the DIS meets forum, the Theme Parks forum, and the Community Board. The latter two ended up being the best way to find new people. And even though it was listed on the meets forum, we still had to e-mail or private message the "regular" attendees because people just don't check the meets forum regularly. It seemed back then that very few people who had never been to a meet even knew that the meets forum existed, and I'm pretty sure that's still the case.

I have wondered why all of these GKTW meet stickie threads are not listed over on the DIS meets forum or especially the larger-audience forums (Theme Parks forum, Community Board, Budget Board, Resorts), but instead have their own special section over here on the podcast forum which doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. To me that seems exclusive. If fundraising is the primary goal, I can't imagine podcast-listener exclusivity being the intention, but maybe it is :confused:.

The good thing about also having a Facebook page for the events is that people can then check in for the events or invite their Disney-loving friends who may not read the DIS regularly or listen to the podcasts. In that sense, it is a good way to advertise the events, make more friend connections, and increase donations to GKTW.

Discussion forums (while I love them still) are pretty old-school. The podcast is a great way to get the message out, but other social media methods are also almost a must.

JOY! This is Amanda! I SO enjoyed visiting with you Saturday! I'll txt you today, promise! :goodvibes

I'm sorry not everyone was happy with how this event was ran. This was the first time for us and we did the best we could. We have learned some valuable things for next year and are already planning on improving things for next years meet. We know we need a larger venue next year but this year we did what we could.

I'm sorry not everyone was happy with how this event was ran. This was the first time for us and we did the best we could. We have learned some valuable things for next year and are already planning on improving things for next years meet. We know we need a larger venue next year but this year we did what we could.

Oh, please don't apologize! You did a fabulous job, and we are all grateful. I don't think anyone is complaining, but just making suggestions for how to enable even more people to find out about and participate in the next event.

Oh, please don't apologize! You did a fabulous job, and we are all grateful. I don't think anyone is complaining, but just making suggestions for how to enable even more people to find out about and participate in the next event.

Thank you. Sorry if I seemed rude. I've just had a long day and a doctor appt and didn't get quite the news I wanted so I'm just in a yucky mood today.

Not saying you did anything wrong, sounds like you could have used some help and I could have offered if I knew what was going on.

Does the DIS provide you with a leader packet of info, a guideline if you would?

Hope you feel better soon, you need to put yourself first and take care of yourself.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter